Need to be quick grab a bargain

3 hours ago, Black neck said:

Fair play 

You always get some norris raving about the retrieve his peg dog done never mind about the half a dozen u pricked what the lads are out looking 4 why ruperts filling his face ? 

You dont get many hooray henrys expensive peg dogs finding and retrieveing them outa deep cover , you needs a bitza for that job

45dcdcf9-2db6-4fcb-82de-a224d32717df.jpg

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's fair enough better a good pet home than some idiot writing it off as a failure by nine month and getting rid.

Don’t take this the wrong way and please don’t take offence...... but you don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes. You say that “most people in the Lurcher game and on here are money orientated” - how

If I bred a litter of pups I’d rather see one go to an old man to lie in front of a fire than some idiot that’ll feed it shit food, run it on hard ground, shout about how amazing it is then sell it.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, poxon said:

you have completely missed the point I was getting at I know what a line is it’s a family of close breds with no contamination of other blood of other crosses only close bred family tree with outcross lines being Bred separated from the main line to be put back in at a later date as the out cross ??Like I’ve said most people with a line don’t want people to contribute unless it’s on there say so most people with a active line are kennel blind as f**k there only breed out there own owned dogs regularly They rarely want or will except other people’s involvement or opinions of the better dog to be put back in to improve there line because there to busy nocking out litters to shout about there line with a following of bum bandits to help bum the line up to help with sales like I’ve said people that guard a line wouldn’t want people combining lines producing scatter breds that are better than there line as that proves the point are there lines really that good to start with or is the gamble with a line or scatter bred the same it’ll either work or it won’t  We’re talking Lurchers here two crows not courseing dogs but look at the lurcher world on here there’s some decent dogs of bitza breeding well a lot of dogs on here are bitza bred taking most things then you have line breds bred for one quarry species. And wasn’t you just on about adding a beddy to your stuff what’s the point in that backwards step wouldn’t be?

what I may do is nothing to do with line breeding, I just want to end my fantastic journey where it began over 50 years ago, I saw the best years, gone now for ever sadly, if you lads live to be a 100 you  wont do what we  did.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, poxon said:

you have completely missed the point I was getting at I know what a line is it’s a family of close breds with no contamination of other blood of other crosses only close bred family tree with outcross lines being Bred separated from the main line to be put back in at a later date as the out cross ??Like I’ve said most people with a line don’t want people to contribute unless it’s on there say so most people with a active line are kennel blind as f**k there only breed out there own owned dogs regularly They rarely want or will except other people’s involvement or opinions of the better dog to be put back in to improve there line because there to busy nocking out litters to shout about there line with a following of bum bandits to help bum the line up to help with sales like I’ve said people that guard a line wouldn’t want people combining lines producing scatter breds that are better than there line as that proves the point are there lines really that good to start with or is the gamble with a line or scatter bred the same it’ll either work or it won’t  We’re talking Lurchers here two crows not courseing dogs but look at the lurcher world on here there’s some decent dogs of bitza breeding well a lot of dogs on here are bitza bred taking most things then you have line breds bred for one quarry species. And wasn’t you just on about adding a beddy to your stuff what’s the point in that backwards step wouldn’t be?

A lot of truth in that post to be fair

13 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

To be fair I think people play down bitza lurchers as if to say “yeah they’re ok for a bit of mooching, pot filling etc”.

Seen some very good ones I’d own in a heartbeat & some line bred I wouldn’t give a fiver for. All about the individual dog even the breeding experts can’t predict what’s coming out when the bitch gets lined

I think this is true mate. some of the best dogs I’ve seen as well in my time with running  dogs none have been line bred stuff it’s always been one cross bred to another cross you only have to look on here some of the stuff people are running it’s all lurcher to lurcher multi crosses an they seem to have the job in hand there used for I do see the point in line breeding say if your a out an out fox man,deer man or a courser but to be honest your lucks still the same as a gamble bred of multi crosses of dogs that can do the job required I think it’s all personal preference 

Iv never owned a lined bred lurcher.  But do have a lined bred terrier and thank feck iv no intention of breeding her or id have to go back to the breeder for there permission and there say in wat stud to use  , so poxon is right about what he says bout line breeding  , if i was to knock out a litter it would only to be for a pup for my own use and the type i would want that suits me  , thats where the line would start n finish if there was any surplus it wouldnt bother me one bit if they just went to pet homes as i would have done what id set out to do ? But makeing money seems the priority these days ? 2grand for a lurcher pup ffs and i always thort hancock was a robbing tool ? 

3 hours ago, poxon said:

I think this is true mate. some of the best dogs I’ve seen as well in my time with running  dogs none have been line bred stuff it’s always been one cross bred to another cross you only have to look on here some of the stuff people are running it’s all lurcher to lurcher multi crosses an they seem to have the job in hand there used for I do see the point in line breeding say if your a out an out fox man,deer man or a courser but to be honest your lucks still the same as a gamble bred of multi crosses of dogs that can do the job required I think it’s all personal preference 

Yeah the best deer dogs & hare coursing dogs I’ve seen been out of unrelated parents as well mind you, I don’t get too caught up in breeding myself you can definitely over think it, a good dogs a good dog, doesn’t matter how it’s bred, what it looks like etc. You’d think a dogs parents/grandparents could run & kill for it the way some people go on.

Edited by Shadow100

What amazes me is how many folk don’t know what a line bred dog is, and the difference between that and a generation bred dog. Also also how much folk over complicate the whole job ? and mostly just to chase a few rabbits about every now and them, the odd fox, odd hare maybe and if they lucky a couple deer a season. Not knocking anyone at all, just the way it seems to be.

All this stuff about “I’d rather have a scatter bred dog, all the line bred dogs I’ve seen are crap etc” I’m not saying either is right. But if you’ve mostly seen crap dogs, or average at best, how can you say? Obviously you only should source pups from the best stock you can find, and if that’s not in your kennel, don’t breed, no matter whether it’s your line, someone else’s or a random mutt you found on the street.

Its simply scientific fact that true line breeding of quality animals, whatever the breed, increases the chances of a consistent, even litter / crop that performs well (however you measure that performance).

Yer sure, if you breed a line of crap then you will produce crap. 

Re scatter bred dogs, when I said typey before, that’s the point I was trying to make re litter wastage. If you have a huge number of breeds in a Lurcher x Lurcher breeding, you’re going to run the risk of curve balls, ie pups much smaller, bigger, slower, or thrown to wrong sort for job you after etc. But if you breed two unrelated typey dogs together, with similar breeds, you shouldn’t get too much variation.  

Back to the point I started with - most folk hve only seen average dogs of varying degrees, so don’t really know what a very very good dog would look like. Even if they got a very very good pup, it would be highly unlikely to ever get the chance to see quite how much it could do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1