4 hours ago, dytkos said:

Last week there were signs on every other table outside my local "This table is not in use - Social Distancing" they've all gone now, all tables in use.

There's an app to use for ordering food and drink, I'm not made welcome cos I won't use it, seemingly my £40 a week all year round is not as good as a tourist families £100 in one go ?

Cheers, D.

I wouldn't spend another penny there, so long as I got a hole in my arse.... Cheeky cnuts D?

• Like 3

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How the hell is that help full. .lol

Pentewan at 07:00 this morning. Cheers, D.  

We usually head south for our holidays but, because of all the 'f**k off' signs and general pissyness from the locals over the last few months, we went north this year and, I'm glad we did  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ennerdale for me everytime Jon Jon. 

never too busy , just the right side of the Oakes for me to get to. 
Ullswater a close second . But in reality I actually dislike the actual lakes . Why waste the day in a que for ice creams when you can get up on those tops? 

Cheers Stiff - I'll look those up for next time :thumbs:

It's true what you say about wasting the day in queues  - that's partly why I didn't like Windermere. 

Cornwall and Devon are stunning counties with loads to offer, some of the best coastline in the country and fantastic moorland in both counties.... but they are by far best expored out of season... I honestly feel lucky to live in this part of the world, but I wouldn't hit the tourist spots now, it is bedlam... I think generally we are pretty friendly and laid back, we certainly dont depend in tourism where I live, but the south west as a whole no doubt needs the tourist income, i do think this year the counties are getting hammered with every type of toursist, and perhaps this aint the place for those who are used to a package deal in Spain... 

The west coast of Scotland for me is the most breathtaking scenery in the UK, I dont care about the weather, but the midges are little fuckers!! Lol

The holidaying in the UK will be the main stat imo over the next few years, good for the economy perhaps, but maybe the strain on what these small.villages, beaches, roads etc can take will cause a bit of grief no doubt.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, lurchers said:

A lot of people from down country has never seen what it like up north mate it’s gods country but there is only 1 fault with the lakes or Scotland it has its own weather,but if you catch them right for a week of sun you will never want to go abroad again mate.

I lived in Coniston for a year or so after I left Art College in Falmouth. Beautiful part of the world (both of them). During the summer break one year during my degree my Cumbrian girlfriend visited me in Hampshire and she honestly said she'd never seen grass turn brown before, she thought it was always green. She said that once she'd gone south of Birmingham it was like driving through the Sahara.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Cornwall and Devon are stunning counties with loads to offer, some of the best coastline in the country and fantastic moorland in both counties.... but they are by far best expored out of season... I honestly feel lucky to live in this part of the world, but I wouldn't hit the tourist spots now, it is bedlam... I think generally we are pretty friendly and laid back, we certainly dont depend in tourism where I live, but the south west as a whole no doubt needs the tourist income, i do think this year the counties are getting hammered with every type of toursist, and perhaps this aint the place for those who are used to a package deal in Spain... 

The west coast of Scotland for me is the most breathtaking scenery in the UK, I dont care about the weather, but the midges are little fuckers!! Lol

The holidaying in the UK will be the main stat imo over the next few years, good for the economy perhaps, but maybe the strain on what these small.villages, beaches, roads etc can take will cause a bit of grief no doubt.

I lived in Cornwall about thirty years ago and before and after, almost all of my holidays have been to Devon too. My wife and I honeymooned on Dartmoor and we go back to the same village at least once every year. We'd love to move there but currently can't due to, well, long story but I'll just say "family commitments". I agree with you that it's better out of season (we usually go in the Autumn as that's our wedding anniversary) and I also prefer the area of Dartmoor that we go to as it's quieter and not full of grockles (hark at me: I'm one myself!). We've just come back from a week there (in season this time as our previous holiday in April had to be postponed) and we went to some of the more touristy areas for the first time, like Haytor and Widecombe. I finally realized that what I find different about the area I go to is that it seems more "northern" or "Cumbrian"...does that make sense?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I wouldn't spend another penny there, so long as I got a hole in my arse.... Cheeky cnuts D?

They are new managers mate, think they know it all ? service is slow as f**k and it's not even busy, there's only about half a dozen of us local who call in for a few tea time pints, used to be a bar full when there was a decent landlord there ???

Cheers, D.

30 minutes ago, dytkos said:

They are new managers mate, think they know it all ? service is slow as f**k and it's not even busy, there's only about half a dozen of us local who call in for a few tea time pints, used to be a bar full when there was a decent landlord there ???

Cheers, D.

I wouldn't use them again fullstop, out of principle ?cheaper to have a few cans in the garden, and not listening to arseholes spouting shit at the bar?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, two crows said:

i like cornwall but every one wants your pants down robin twats, and I don't get why people cant wait for a holiday till this is over.

Because a lot of them are self centred fuckers mate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

I heard the old landlord was the best in Cornwall.... ??

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I wouldn't use them again fullstop, out of principle ?cheaper to have a few cans in the garden, and not listening to arseholes spouting shit at the bar?

Tbh it's only a matter of time before there will be a confrontation and things will be said, probably in haste lol

Cheers, D.

• Like 1