Full greyhounds

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As attached bud. 

Yes but when breeding lurchers your greyhound still has to be tested at the chosen game which for him will be fox... Too many think the greyhounds just for speed when your doing fox control both paren

no not rely lol, I don't usualy brag about dogs but I bred ben f1 sal grey, I only run small edible stuff as a rule, but I  used to go with a lad at night who would do any thing and in some rum places

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Lol 

of cause it matters how big the land 
small land hedge they don’t go near top end but I’m young and done next to nothing eg chase a deer in small field then in open watch the difference in there running lol

a half saluki grey is about the best all rounder there is in my eyes 

A good half Sal grey would absolutely slay a good bull x on rabbit hare deer that’s fact 

you say for fox it bullx I agree unless your lamping running biggish land 

more this season some one can show me a bull switch 3 mins in tank change me mind lol

See that's where the young I know fk all comes in on you.. I have seen strong dog xs run all night and I mean from half ten at night to 5 in the morning maybe getting up to 50 different slips on good ground  see depending on where you live the fields vary drastically but many many varieties and sizes, but in an abundance and so was quarry in the days... Now have the spots are motorway or houses.... But means nothing because the good men stayed true and have line bred stuff thats true... So I'm not going to argue with you fella you know best ?

2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

What the fella is saying is that you can't be doing any kind of lurcher work to a decent standard unless your running a line bred coursing type. Lolololololololololollol. 

Lol I said a half saluki grey I like as alrounder nothing line bred mentioned 

I seen all types do lurcher work to descent standard mate you might not believe me but even bull x lol

6 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

What the fella is saying is that you can't be doing any kind of lurcher work to a decent standard unless your running a line bred coursing type. Lolololololololololollol. 

I wish someone told the line bred coursing types I had they were shit at everything and the only one that wasn’t ended up jacking ?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Balaur said:

How many on here have brought on a greyhound pup like a lurcher got it on all terrain and quarry run and tested it for three or four seasons not many I bet , it makes sense but isn't practical, I've never seen a pure out working not that I've done much but I think it's mostly bollocks on here tbh....

I did Joe, bitch pup brought in at 12 weeks old. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

How did she go on

She was grand bn no world beater but showed me enough to prove she was worthy of breeding from. I was looking foxing lurchers and that's what she produced. She was always going to be bred from if she was good enough which is why I went for a coursing bred greyhound but if I had of been looking a greyhound purely to run on as a lurcher I'd of went for a smaller track bitch. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

How many on here have brought on a greyhound pup like a lurcher got it on all terrain and quarry run and tested it for three or four seasons not many I bet , it makes sense but isn't practical, I've never seen a pure out working not that I've done much but I think it's mostly bollocks on here tbh....

Worked a few pures, nice staying track bitch will throw decent lurchers if bred to the right dog and iron out a few kinks in a not so good one. Even a smallish one will still have all the size needed. 

887860746_greys2.jpg.a6561508c140519005eca31df372410f.jpg

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Worked a few pures, nice staying track bitch will throw decent lurchers if bred to the right dog and iron out a few kinks in a not so good one. Even a smallish one will still have all the size needed. 

887860746_greys2.jpg.a6561508c140519005eca31df372410f.jpg

My intention was to bred first cross xs which is why I went for a big one, I'd seen a few dogs the sire had produced to a 24'' track bitch and to be honest they were a bit on the small side for my liking. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I wish someone told the line bred coursing types I had they were shit at everything and the only one that wasn’t ended up jacking ?

How many dogs you had that have done fox mate

9 hours ago, Balaur said:

I had one for three years,I liked the dog,he was game and loyal but his feet would be in tatters after every hunt in the mountains here.It bordered on cruelty working him so gave him to a girl as a house pet.They might be alright on crops but not where I hunt.Unlike the whippets I've owned who have never had any problems with their feet on any ground here.