Full greyhounds

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As attached bud. 

Yes but when breeding lurchers your greyhound still has to be tested at the chosen game which for him will be fox... Too many think the greyhounds just for speed when your doing fox control both paren

no not rely lol, I don't usualy brag about dogs but I bred ben f1 sal grey, I only run small edible stuff as a rule, but I  used to go with a lad at night who would do any thing and in some rum places

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Lol 

of cause it matters how big the land 
small land hedge they don’t go near top end but I’m young and done next to nothing eg chase a deer in small field then in open watch the difference in there running lol

a half saluki grey is about the best all rounder there is in my eyes 

A good half Sal grey would absolutely slay a good bull x on rabbit hare deer that’s fact 

you say for fox it bullx I agree unless your lamping running biggish land 

more this season some one can show me a bull switch 3 mins in tank change me mind lol

How many foxes have you seen run for 3 minutes? Stamina isn’t everything I’ve seen & owned dogs with endless wind that couldn’t kill a rabbit in a phone box

Edited by Shadow100

None mate
stamina isn’t everything but any great dog needs plenty mate 

And an all rounder needs stamina without doubt 

a half Sal grey runs like a grey with more stamina if your lamping daytime they up at em loads action and can hang ideal all rounder to me mate brought up entered [BANNED TEXT] they slay fox mate so do heavy saluki blooded dogs

Bull x rabbits hare deer fox slipping out motor run after run never last night be ok mooching permission odd slip 

Edited by mC HULL
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

None mate
stamina isn’t everything but any great dog needs plenty mate 

And an all rounder needs stamina without doubt 

a half Sal grey runs like a grey with more stamina if your lamping daytime they up at em loads action and can hang ideal all rounder to me mate brought up entered [BANNED TEXT] they slay fox mate so do heavy saluki blooded dogs

Bull x rabbits hare deer fox slipping out motor run after run never last night be ok mooching permission odd slip 

I had a half cross saluki/grey was a genuine good honest dog but no fox dog, had loads of speed but lacked a bit of wind. I’d have a home bred half cross over a line bred coursing dog any day of the week I think they’re far superior but I don’t think they’re the perfect all rounder

Edited by Shadow100

Had a bitch gifted to me me late 80s  out of fearless action. She was quite small but she had the  minerals  Said on here before in they days when I were pest full on  she worked off lead and demolished , had a couple of greyhounds few yrs later that we’re no where near her Caliber  When mated to Special Account in 1983, Sarah’s Bunny produced one of the fastest dogs of the decade, Fearless Champ, while her February 1984 litter to Ron Hardy included Master Hardy and Fearless Action who finished second and fourth, respectively, in the final of the 1986 Derby.   

Edited by green lurchers
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I had a half cross saluki/grey was a genuine good honest dog but no fox dog, had loads of speed but lacked a bit of wind. I’d have a home bred half cross over a line bred coursing dog any day of the week I think they’re far superior but I don’t think they’re the perfect all rounder

What do you mean by no fox dog ?lamping really want me dog to be into em Mate I’d expect it from any lurcher I had 
seen little beddy whippets love fox

28 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

What do you mean by no fox dog ?lamping really want me dog to be into em Mate I’d expect it from any lurcher I had 
seen little beddy whippets love fox

He wouldn’t kill foxes, would just bowl them over and jump back off them until they got away. Dog showed plenty of heart in other aspects & tbh I was only interested in one thing at the time so he suited me down to the ground.

Guarantee you take 50 line bred coursing dogs lamping and you won’t find many at all that’ll kill a fox single handed.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

He wouldn’t kill foxes, would just bowl them over and jump back off them until they got away. Dog showed plenty of heart in other aspects & tbh I was only interested in one thing at the time so he suited me down to the ground.

Guarantee you take 50 line bred coursing dogs lamping and you won’t find many at all that’ll kill a fox single handed.

Do ya reckon the 50 ud do it between um

• Haha 4
51 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Every line bred coursing dog I had bar one do fox single mate I’ll show you a pup this season if you fancy mooch out won’t take me long to get him going 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Every line bred coursing dog I had bar one do fox single mate I’ll show you a pup this season if you fancy mooch out won’t take me long to get him going 

Your a brave man fair chance of looking a c 

But I like the cut o your jib ? 

Lol be just my luck 

you been about long time black neck you must a seen plenty heavy saluki dogs that are nasty evil game dogs 

man I no had nearly full saluki  Game nasty dog killed a shepherd and messed neighbours staffie up bad I hated it man biting evil c**t 

Don’t get me wrong you do nothing but course then when dog is  at 3 put it on a fox it most likely think what the f**k but enter it right no bother 

old saying you can’t teach an old dog new tricks

its about building up confidence from a young age  

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Lol be just my luck 

you been about long time black neck you must a seen plenty heavy saluki dogs that are nasty evil game dogs 

man I no had nearly full saluki  Game nasty dog killed a shepherd and messed neighbours staffie up bad I hated it man biting evil c**t 

Don’t get me wrong you do nothing but course then when dog is  at 3 put it on a fox it most likely think what the f**k but enter it right no bother 

old saying you can’t teach an old dog new tricks

its about building up confidence from a young age  

Most people want them killing early so the take your time and build confidence doesn’t exist in there world mate,but ya not wrong with any dog I’ve had I like them to be confident and just build it up.

• Like 3