he needs a right hard slap

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/18577242.ex-lord-mayor-apologies-causing-offence-jack-charlton-comments/?fbclid=IwAR2nDepDGouTffAqn7PtlqItoH6J_I8ONttc-qJAsJEo5VhMKoLX7WgQU6E

8 hrs ago

Ex-Lord Mayor apologises for causing offence over Jack Charlton comments

10449456?type=thumb
By Mike LaycockChief reporter
11577829?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen (2)

YORK councillor and former Lord Mayor Dave Taylor has apologised for causing offence after welcoming the death of World Cup winner Jack Charlton because of his involvement in 'bloodsports.'

The Green Party councillor for Fishergate posted the controversial comments on Facebook yesterday after the Leeds United and England star died, aged 85.

Charlton had a passion for shooting and fishing, and Cllr Taylor began by saying: "Jack 'Bloodsports' Charlton is dead. Good."

When someone responded by saying they felt it was a 'sad remark' to make, and they abhored cruelty to animals but also didn't want to be cruel to another human being, he posted: "I didn't advocate being cruel to him, I just don't think he should be lauded as some sort of hero. F*** him."

He went on to say 'sick of the adulation of this animal abuser. Being good at kicking a leather football does not absolve him."

His comments appalled some people - although some spoke out in support- with one person emailing the council at 1am today to say they wished to submit a formal complaint about Cllr Taylor's conduct.

They said: "This is an appalling and offensive lack of respect for the dead by a former Lord Mayor and serving council member who should resign immediately."

Cllr Taylor has apologised, posting: "I've clearly upset a lot of people with my comment about Jack Charlton's involvement in bloodsports. I apologise for causing offence."

But the apology was not enough for some.

"That it? Have some respect," said one person, while another said: "Too little too late."

Another posted: "Like the guy or not, agree with his actions or not, to show such unnecessary public contempt and disrespect for a family man whom an awful lot of people loved, who leaves a mourning family is simply disgusting Dave you should be ashamed, especially given your profile as a CYC councillor."

Another asked the councillor why he was deleting comments, adding: "Do you think it’s acceptable what you said? Do you think the apology is acceptable? You have upset an awful lot of fans this evening."

Cllr Taylor apologised again, saying:"It must've been upsetting. I apologise. I always hated his involvement in bloodsports, but it was insensitive to mention it now."

The councillor told The Press today that he  had not wished to denigrate Charlton’s achievements as a footballer or football manager.

*Fans leave tributes to Charlton at Elland Road.

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with these far left, vegan, green, tofu eating , sandal and sock wearing , tree hugging, pasty faced shithouses is that they aren't happy doing it themselves.....they want to convert norma

I was wondering where Dave ( I’ve never had a girlfriend or a proper job ) Taylor found the inspiration for his unusual hairstyle, 1980s new romantic “flock of seagulls “ , what a dick .? Still ,

Snit weasel, absolute, cowardly little shit weasel ! Big Jack would probably have bitch slapped a bit of respect into the little shit, even at 85........ Cheers.

Posted Images

Good job Jackie wasn't a black man or the councillor would have had the BLM team on his doorstep but it's a different story when your only a WHITE top class footballer who enjoyed Country Sport?

Fcuking sniffling little shit of a man, he should be made to stand and make a full public apology to the man's family, friends and supporters

• Like 5

The problem with these far left, vegan, green, tofu eating , sandal and sock wearing , tree hugging, pasty faced shithouses is that they aren't happy doing it themselves.....they want to convert normal people, with the messianic fervour of a religious cult member !

There must be something in the veggie/vegan diet that affects their brain, making them come out with such shite about a man who has just died !

I'm angry that such an abysmal creature is sucking at the teat of the public purse, but sadly, there are many , many more of them out there.

Cheers.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

He's a f***ing weasel  - probably done f**k all with his life and, been very lucky to reach the positions that he has.

.............. I hope he gets slated something rotten and, becomes afraid to walk around his home town.

Jack Charlton did all sorts for charity and underprivileged kids in football. 

• Like 2