Foster parents

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and my Mrs Foster , well my Mrs does all the work . To anyone who says that we do it for the money, the honest answer is my wife does it for her job . But she loves doing it . And she earns a bit o

Got a little story for you . I was doing some work with a guy I’ve known for years and we were having a natter and he asked me what I was up to these day because we hadn’t had a catch up for a while.

I dont know the answer to your question mate but I just want to say I take my hat off to you and your wife, it’s a noble thing you are considering doing there. Any family prepared to show a child

Posted Images

3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

It’s something that needs changing, people can turn their lives around and turn over a new leaf . As long as there is no history of sex offences and as long as people can demonstrate that they  have not been in trouble for a significant amount of time and that they  are no longer going to have their  door kicked in at 5.0am . Then I can’t see why they shouldn’t be parents. People with a colourful past and life experience have a lot to offer in my opinion . 

Im no expert on fostering but people who have turned their life around would probably be very good for kids who have had troubled past and been in trouble themselves . Id imagine a troubled kid who has been a bit of a tearaway could do well living with a family who can sympathise and understand what their going thru . Shows them that your life isnt set in stone no matter how they are now . Broken things don't have to stay broken,  everything is fixable if you want it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I take it you're obliged to mention 'Spent' convictions then?

You would be wasting your time not to mate, I was quite shocked how far back there checks actually went, there is no such thing as having paid your debts to society, it’s always there in the background ?

• Sad 1
51 minutes ago, Greyman said:

You would be wasting your time not to mate, I was quite shocked how far back there checks actually went, there is no such thing as having paid your debts to society, it’s always there in the background ?

They do an enhanced DBS ( disclosure and barring service) check . I don’t know how far it goes back . I’m not sure how they set the bar for what they deem is acceptable. But if someone has paid their debt to society and moved on with their life and can demonstrate that they have Changed then just like Welsh -red said , they would be a perfect example to a troubled young person that you can change things around . They would be more able to empathise with them than say a librarian .

1 minute ago, shovel leaner said:

They do an enhanced DBS ( disclosure and barring service) check . I don’t know how far it goes back . I’m not sure how they set the bar for what they deem is acceptable. But if someone has paid their debt to society and moved on with their life and can demonstrate that they have Changed then just like Welsh -red said , they would be a perfect example to a troubled young person that you can change things around . They would be more able to empathise with them than say a librarian .

They gave me an FAC and I had no problems at all with an enhanced CRB and my history was for violence in the years before I screwed my stupid head on properly.

Nose clean for enough years and I don’t see how that can be a problem to anyone. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, WILF said:

They gave me an FAC and I had no problems at all with an enhanced CRB and my history was for violence in the years before I screwed my stupid head on properly.

Nose clean for enough years and I don’t see how that can be a problem to anyone. 

Is it you who assaulted that kid with a power tool? He was walking down the street and the next thing bosch. 

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Friend of the family who is passed now managed to get an FAC after getting done for firearms charges back in the 80s 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

True mate but Ive now got a SGC, Personal Licence and SIA security licence, it's all about the "now"

Good luck.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I forget all the legal jargon but some things stay on your record forever i forget the term they use but even something thats spent doesnt come off your actual criminal record it just cant be used against you in certain circumstances.....in all honesty i think its fair enough really and part and parcel of taking responsibility some things you just have to take on the chin....given the choice of a sensible 9 to 5 type environment and an ex criminal environment its just common sense not to take risks on a kids upbringing so no complaints.

• Like 4

They actually went back to my first appearance in juvenile courts at age 12 which I was amazed at, so no it never goes away, have had a few police checks for jobs in places like Berkeley power station and the GCHQ in Cheltenham and never flagged up once, I,m not moaning it’s my cross to bear, just think there is more to a person than what they done in there teens and early 20s, 

• Like 1

just run with it mate..you never know..but if you get thru the checks,then its time for them to take you and your wife to your earliest memories..they want to know everything about you both.which is gotta be right..me and my late wife fostered 53 kids,great/hard and sad time's.we were short term,but saying that, our last lad was with us over two and a half years.good luck with whatever you do.thanks.

• Like 5