Pure pest control

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a look out tonight to a farm that has a few rabbits. Well I was surprised there was loads munching on a new crop. So its war on them now taking no prisoners , they must go as the farmer hates them

Changing the subject .Thermal and NV on an airgun for rats is proper devastating .We do a pig farm and last winter we racked up 720 rats in 3 months .Farmer has cancelled the pest controller on the st

Still decided not for me as in my experience did a spell of around 7 years with a guy with thermal and nv and the foxes were literally wiped out , now suffering the consequences of doing a thorough jo

Posted Images

Good going , I haven’t been able to take numbers like that around here for a few years . 
          I used to be able to go around on the quad and just keep shooting. If someone wanted 20 rabbits , I could go and shoot them no problem. I think if I did that now , I would wipe them out and they would be gone from the estate. I wouldn’t want to see the ground with no rabbits. 
       I think it’s myxomatosis and VHD . 

• Like 2

Generally we are getting quite a few numbers building up now after mixi last year but I don't have anyone who eats them so we shoot to keep numbers down and fox bait, shame really but none of my family or my shooting partners family like rabbit  ?

Phil

25 minutes ago, philpot said:

Generally we are getting quite a few numbers building up now after mixi last year but I don't have anyone who eats them so we shoot to keep numbers down and fox bait, shame really but none of my family or my shooting partners family like rabbit  ?

Phil

I’ve got that problem with everything I shoot, game has definitely fallen out of fashion and is only something most people eat in restaurants now, people used to ring me to ask what I could get hold of, every now and then someone will ask for a couple of rabbits or a pheasant in winter now, my shooting now is 90% pest control ☹️

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve got that problem with everything I shoot, game has definitely fallen out of fashion and is only something most people eat in restaurants now, people used to ring me to ask what I could get hold of, every now and then someone will ask for a couple of rabbits or a pheasant in winter now, my shooting now is 90% pest control ☹️

It amazing ,as where I work we have own farm shop all our meat goes through & we can't get enough wild rabbit, both domestic and restaurants people always asking for it

13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It's the same for me mate. My local game dealer moved and then folded!

My Mrs worked at a farm shop every Saturday for seven years.

I supplied them about ten oven ready jointed rabbits most weeks year round.

Then she quit ?

Good numbers showing up here in Notts been hammering young sugar beet crop,unfortunately there migrating in from surrounding fields which is not my perm, went out with thermal and estimated  around 70 rabbits over three ajoining areas, good to see numbers but not good for some farmers, doing my bit to get numbers hammering sugerbeet.

Edited by goldfinger
  • Like 1