1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

Right look lads, ive binsat here that long im taking root, and can feel a touch of rigors coming on, so im gonna make my 300th cup of tea.  then if theres any volunteers amongst you, ive took my teeth out, they are in soak,   ive took my Imodium, I just need carrying over to the settee ,  oh I might need winding, I suffer heavily with flatulence      thank you

so theres no volunteers then, ya miserable gits, ?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Massive positive here Keirh, you've reached out to your daughter and she has accepted that and you are now forming a new relationship, that is a brilliant turn of events in what has been a very bad ye

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you. If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to be

Would love to help mate as I’m in Essex but let me tell you getting housing down this way is a nightmare,don’t know anyone this way who has been housed that didn’t play the game of landlords evicting

Posted Images

jaywick I remember that place well, lived in Sudbury many years ago, I used to love the tranquillity of the place

Sure I saw it on TV one of those high unemployment places?

Park homes round us cost about 25-35k and ground rent 1k a year , free electric, bottled gas.

Cheers, D.

11 hours ago, WILF said:

Right it’s like this, get onto the council, tell them your situation and say that you need to be in a warden controlled gaff somewhere......lay on all the illness, suicidal thoughts, medical condition stuff and get your daughter to say you need looked after.

You May have to wait a few months but keep pestering and there’s a good chance you will get sorted.

As for registering with a doctor, good luck with that in Essex ! Lol ?........you may find it hard, but it may be different round there.

If your thinking of moving to jay wick don’t waste your time, just move into your dustbin and have some smack head piss up the side of it 3 times a week......it’s better ! 

Morning everyone, thank you for your advice, but most of all and to you all, ive not yet received a man the f**k up message, so thanks for that, maybe its what I need, I wont take offence,  so, less than 12 months ago, I not only had a wife but a good friend, and when she passed after a horrific illness quite rightly it hit me hard,  was I suicidal, of course I was id lost my right arm, she was a lovely woman, and indeed  my 2nd wife, but I hadn't the guts, coward that's the word, when my term of being looked after by dougie mac came to an end, the lady asked me if theres one last thing she could do for me, could you try find my long lost daughter I asked, 2 weeks later sat morning my phone rang, it was my daughter, I nearly passed out, she accepted me back in her life, aren't I just one lucky man being a coward,   ive  not only got my daughter back but a good friend, only yesterday a knock came at my door 4 bags of shopping delivered by my daughter , how lucky am I ive made it quite clear I don't want her back in my life wipe my arse, im still capable I just wanted to make my peace with her after all I am 76, and friends we are , yes I could go live with her, but that would be selfish of me, her job is a carer, she dont need me on top of that, and someone has to think rationally, what if things don't work out, I dread the the thought but we could end up hating one another, ive come to the terms that im a lonely old man,  wilf   10 000 homeless in Thurrock alone, what chance have I quite rightly they have to look after there own before me,   this is why, and I do hope the gentleman doesn't mind, but im now relying on gnasher who lives in Essex to find me a caravan, I cant sink any lower but I need to be with my daughter  so much it really does hurt

thanks

• Like 1

Keith I don't get why you keep calling yourself a coward you was brave enough and strong enough to step up when your wife needed you I'm glad you and daughter have reunited buddy but I do think grieve counselling or something similar may help you out on your feeling and I'm sure something will come up and fair play to nash best of luck Keith 

• Like 2

thank you but bravery and strength never came into it, she was my wife n best friend, I would do it for her all over again,   now if you lot don't mind, its a cold and rainy day, so might as well spend time on here with friends, just looking in

22 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Keith have you met your daughter yet, if not might be nice just to get down there on a little holiday to get to know each other

only been in contact with her couple of months mate, thing is, I didn't want to come into her life with tales of grief, but it all had to come out, she asked questions I answered, and this is what my brain wont come to terms with, after my stroke, it left me unsteady on my feet, then I had a bad fall in January, I even lost a tooth in that fall  your never the same again after a stroke im also sufferinf from conductive ear loss,  but ive only been in contact with her over my moby, video chat or summat, I don't expect her driving down here see me, she has a life a job, so its up to me but im unable to drive that distance also, so I spose im living in anticipation,  and then again,to see her then drive away not nice

Edited by iworkwhippets

Morning everyone, thank you for your advice, but most of all and to you all, ive not yet received a man the f**k up message, so thanks for that, maybe its what I need, I wont take offence,  so, less than 12 months ago, I not only had a wife but a good friend, and when she passed after a horrific illness quite rightly it hit me hard,  was I suicidal, of course I was id lost my right arm, she was a lovely woman, and indeed  my 2nd wife, but I hadn't the guts, coward that's the word, when my term of being looked after by dougie mac came to an end, the lady asked me if theres one last thing she could do for me, could you try find my long lost daughter I asked, 2 weeks later sat morning my phone rang, it was my daughter, I nearly passed out, she accepted me back in her life, aren't I just one lucky man being a coward,   ive  not only got my daughter back but a good friend, only yesterday a knock came at my door 4 bags of shopping delivered by my daughter , how lucky am I ive made it quite clear I don't want her back in my life wipe my arse, im still capable I just wanted to make my peace with her after all I am 76, and friends we are , yes I could go live with her, but that would be selfish of me, her job is a carer, she dont need me on top of that, and someone has to think rationally, what if things don't work out, I dread the the thought but we could end up hating one another, ive come to the terms that im a lonely old man,  wilf   10 000 homeless in Thurrock alone, what chance have I quite rightly they have to look after there own before me,   this is why, and I do hope the gentleman doesn't mind, but im now relying on gnasher who lives in Essex to find me a caravan, I cant sink any lower but I need to be with my daughter  so much it really does hurt

thanks

Jmho, buts it totally out of order to put that on a geezer, especially one you have never met.

You just can’t do that.

I told you the way to go about things and I think you have a pretty good chance if you do.....

I won’t say anymore 

• Like 4

thanks

I wouldn't worry to much about them being "there own" just do what needs doing if you've got mental health issues then saying so go get what you need isn't playing the system it's what you've paid taxes for for 50 years

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Jmho, buts it totally out of order to put that on a geezer, especially one you have never met.

You just can’t do that.

I told you the way to go about things and I think you have a pretty good chance if you do.....

I won’t say anymore 

you are quite right wilf, and with due respect, the gentleman approached me days ago offering me help, by personal manager, so my appologies to him if he feels compelled to help, I quite understand how yourself feel

5 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

you are quite right wilf, and with due respect, the gentleman approached me days ago offering me help, by personal manager, so my appologies to him if he feels compelled to help, I quite understand how yourself feel

And to be fair, he offered to help get shopping to my old mum if I had a problem in this lock down.

From our conversations over the years I have found he is that type of bloke.

What you can’t do is lean on a mans charity when you ain’t prepared to exhaust all avenues yourself.....it’s just not right 

And it’s just not right to throw it out in public for all to see and maybe make the man feel pressure.....sorry mate, but it isn’t .

Its a dogs trick......if you have dealings going on keep it to yourself then you can say thank you after if you need to.

Not being a c**t to you mate, just telling you plain what I think.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

And to be fair, he offered to help get shopping to my old mum if I had a problem in this lock down.

From our conversations over the years I have found he is that type of bloke.

What you can’t do is lean on a mans charity when you ain’t prepared to exhaust all avenues yourself.....it’s just not right 

And it’s just not right to throw it out in public for all to see and maybe make the man feel pressure.....sorry mate, but it isn’t .

Its a dogs trick......if you have dealings going on keep it to yourself then you can say thank you after if you need to.

Not being a c**t to you mate, just telling you plain what I think.

point taken and my appologies to everyone

• Like 1

Wilf don’t forget the man is in his late seventies and has had a stroke ... he is not young and fit like most of us so probably needs help ... he is desperate to see his daughter and has been offered help which I completely understand he is grabbing with both hands ... you have to see things from his perspective. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

point taken and my appologies to everyone

Don't apologise Keith - I imagine Gnasher isn't the sort to do anything that he isn't happy to do.

......... If he's got contacts out that way and he's offered to put the feelers out, let him - it's a nice thing to do :thumbs:

• Like 1