Mountain Bike.

Not a mountain bike but I have to consider space so folding bikes seem the way forward for me, bought a Ferrari one a few years back for £150 worth around £700 and found this one in a bag in the engine bay of the boat I just bought, going on eBay for around £700/£800 Brompton seems to be the one all the tree huggers want, so I have around £1500 worth of bikes for a total of £150 ???

6DEE7E61-705A-4473-A57A-A2EF09D96959.jpeg

• Like 5

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images

Lot of people wanting folders for commuting now ? 

steer clear of terns have heard frames can crack 

I had a mission space genie years ago non suspension one it plodded along the trackways nicely , if I change my car for a smaller one I shall get a folder to sling in the boot probably A modern Raleigh evo least with the 20 inch wheel ones you can put tyres on with bit of tread on them .

10 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Lot of people wanting folders for commuting now ? 

steer clear of terns have heard frames can crack 

I had a mission space genie years ago non suspension one it plodded along the trackways nicely , if I change my car for a smaller one I shall get a folder to sling in the boot probably A modern Raleigh evo least with the 20 inch wheel ones you can put tyres on with bit of tread on them .

The Ferrari one I have is ok for roads has 7 gears and gets a reasonable shift on, don’t know about the Brompton as I,ve not even tried it yet ?

28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I've not had a bike for a few yrs, bought this a few weeks back after my mate upgraded ?waiting on a helmet and body armour, then get back into it?IMG-20201128-WA0000.jpg.dd640614febbd29ed6bfc85a21a88a3d.jpg

Happy days dc, get yourself a pair of 5 10s as well makes a world of difference. 

Im waiting on my new slash 8, should be in on the 10th of January. 

Your very lucky living in Wales some amount of bike parks and trails to go at. 

• Like 1

Was into it big time growing up, when the kids came along I sold off all my toys?plan is to knock the tabacco on the head in the new Yr and look at joining a club to get out and do some night trials etc, bought my eldest a giant so we can get out but he's not interested a minute... To busy clutching his little xr about.... Can't blame him, puts a big smile on my face too?DSC_1484.JPG.771b78953feaa629b22abf5a057e628e.JPG

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've not had a bike for a few yrs, bought this a few weeks back after my mate upgraded ?waiting on a helmet and body armour, then get back into it?IMG-20201128-WA0000.jpg.dd640614febbd29ed6bfc85a21a88a3d.jpg

How much did you give for it mate?What year and any trick parts on it?

42 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Was into it big time growing up, when the kids came along I sold off all my toys?plan is to knock the tabacco on the head in the new Yr and look at joining a club to get out and do some night trials etc, bought my eldest a giant so we can get out but he's not interested a minute... To busy clutching his little xr about.... Can't blame him, puts a big smile on my face too?DSC_1484.JPG.771b78953feaa629b22abf5a057e628e.JPG

The kids definitely prefer a throttle to peddleing. Lol. I'm loving the mountain biking at the minute if I'm honest and getting a real buzz out of it. 

Me and the mate are shite at the climbs with both having smoked for nearly 30 years but we can both carry decent speed on the decents and have surprised a few young bucks when 2 ole farts have left em sitting. Lol. 

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, downsouth said:

How much did you give for it mate?What year and any trick parts on it?

£900 for it and the giant , fox rear shock, not really had a look to be honest ?got to put air in the tyres as I've not even had a go of it... Picked it up and threw it in the shed?IMG-20201128-WA0001.jpg.c5e266b2a69e249cd4d3e395df4cf190.jpg

The giant has fox rear shocker too?

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

£900 for it and the giant , fox rear shock, not really had a look to be honest ?got to put air in the tyres as I've not even had a go of it... Picked it up and threw it in the shed?IMG-20201128-WA0001.jpg.c5e266b2a69e249cd4d3e395df4cf190.jpg

The giant has fox rear shocker too?

Dont sound a bad deal mate.The five is deffo 2016 or later.Get the tyres set up tubeless mate.So much easier.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Get him to start paying for petrol. Might change his mind ?

• Haha 1