Back up at the shoot

On 01/11/2021 at 19:30, shovel leaner said:

If you do watch it , the bell ringer had six takes to say his lines . ???

Just watched it SL,  lovely views of a grand bit of countryside. Spotted you driving past as well, if I’m honest, that was the best bit??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Got a message of another chicken killer so I popped up the unit. Nothing!

I did also take the muffpower with me to visit another local farm for a rat. I took some experimental reloads.  15, 13 and 12 grains of green dot powder and 3/4oz of shot. I used 15g first and it just about killed a big rat.20211102_194831.jpg.914ce8bfb74dff68117b0aeab1e7a38f.jpgI didn't shoot they other reloads.

I'm going to try 16 and 16.5 grains next.

I returned to the chicken units. Nothing so went home only to hear my first barking fox!

Probably on its way to the chickens! I need to visit about 10pm next time.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Stavross said:

This is what I want ?

I went to feed this morning because I couldn’t get there yesterday and at 2 degrees and a hard ground frost I couldn’t of been happier, I got there just after first light so I could see what headed where after coming off roost, I’m glad I did because I’ve got a big group coming through the farm, behind the caravan at the back and then down towards what I know as the tip, I was sure these would of gone to the oak wood drive, but no, they seem to like going the long way round to the tip, unless you see them you will never guess where these idiots decide to go 

FFA36575-9826-4670-B9A9-EF2934FEBBC0.jpeg

F669E560-3D80-484F-AE1F-6CE362B2A104.jpeg

EADCD059-F355-4390-BBFA-610FBE5CF926.jpeg

08ADE213-A98D-4072-8D7E-A46D78F364BB.jpeg

See any deer this morning?

21 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Just got back from bagging another tonne of wheat up, £227 a tonne ? and it doesn’t look like it’s going to come down any time soon ☹️

I think we are are paying 250 but it is bagged in 20kilo bags.

29 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Just got back from bagging another tonne of wheat up, £227 a tonne ? and it doesn’t look like it’s going to come down any time soon ☹️

I think it will be going up Stav. A farmer I know isn’t selling any at the moment, reckons he’s waiting until Christmas because it’ll keep going up until then....?

11 minutes ago, ianm said:

I think we are are paying 250 but it is bagged in 20kilo bags.

It would be worth paying the extra 20 odd quid not to have to bag it up myself 

2 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I think it will be going up Stav. A farmer I know isn’t selling any at the moment, reckons he’s waiting until Christmas because it’ll keep going up until then....?

that’s what they were saying at the farm, they are hanging on to it, he said milling wheat is over £270 now and he said you should be glad you don’t feed them rapeseed because that’s never been anywhere near the prices it’s at now