Back up at the shoot

FRUSTRATING ? Had a look to that field of barley for the woodies but I could only set up in 1 place with a bare patch and my back to the houses some 300 yds away , unfortunately the pigeons were heading straight for another bare patch right next to the houses so I packed up after an hour as was pointless. I managed a great bag of 3 ????

20210620_132419.jpg

20210620_141849.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Still the best flying meat, I’d take 3 pigeons over a dozen pheasants ?

With you 100% on that stav, my eldest wants to save the world and every animal on it but buckles to pan fried pigeon or meatloaf ?

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I dont like pigeon rather have pheasant ? I saw 2 pairs of Greys today only 50 yards apart ?

I couldn’t tell you the last time I seen any English around here, loads of them bloody french invaders 

8 minutes ago, si brown said:

With you 100% on that stav, my eldest wants to save the world and every animal on it but buckles to pan fried pigeon or meatloaf ?

Fried pigeon breast with creamy mashed potato, roasted beetroot and pea shoots ( my death row last meal ) ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

that stav should never see the light of day again “ that’s why I spend most of my time out in the dark

I just thought that was cos your toothy grimace & creepy eyes scares all the kids! 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I just thought that was cos your toothy grimace & creepy eyes scares all the kids! 

That as well ?

2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Have you tried pigeon burgers Stavross??

D5507921-E718-4DA5-94A5-5B67E12E6B8B.png

No, but looking at that made me take a pigeon off a small strip of spring barley ??

I had a trip up to the egg units for a bit of bunny bashing tonight, I’ve not been there since all the trouble with my feet, there’s still a good few about but with the grass been so high I was limited to where I could shoot, 17 rabbits and 1 pigeon ( for my tea ) for 21 shots 

I can highly recommend my new summer walking boots, feet feel a lot better than when I walk around in my wellies, best 45 quid I’ve spent ?

6512B483-556F-4095-8E1C-FC9AEA425CFD.jpeg

• Like 5

Got a pair of sprayway, they got a few good reviews and at £45 ( instead of 100 ) I thought I’d give them a go, they fit spot on and are very comfy, only time will tell if they are built to last but I could have 5 pairs of these for what I paid for my meindl’s

73C4151B-4A01-4567-958B-05969E095FB4.jpeg

• Like 1

Been busy fixing the pens and getting the drinking systems clean and working. I’ve used an acid to clean the pipes this year and it seems to have done an excellent job . 
       I thought I was on top of the squirrels this year but they just keep coming. These new box traps are doing a good job though. I moved two to a small wood and I’ve had 28 in 4 days. Yesterday I was working in the wood and emptied the traps 3 times picking up 12 in a single day . I had a full hose in this trap today . 

1A25683E-05A3-497F-932A-BADF341B5F2E.jpeg

• Like 8

A phone call today from the bloke with the helicopter, saying that there’s rabbits all over his pitch and putt golf course at the front of his house, so dusted the little cz.17 off, because you can’t get anywhere near them and off I went for an hour. There’s certainly a few about, I managed 11 just off the front garden, furthest 144 yards, closest 71, I shot one that the mixy had got a grip of, hopefully this isn’t the shape of things to come ?

FC7060BE-7982-4044-B0D2-DDC6F4C5AED6.jpeg

6E11C535-B296-4318-99D0-CBCED6D75A73.jpeg

• Like 5