Back up at the shoot

18 minutes ago, Stavross said:

no sitting in the house Ben swimming in beer, get out there ?

Aye regretted that mate!! I'll be out alright. Just hope the rain doesn't reach us this afternoon ?

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

It looks like we are in for a shower a bit later but the rest of the week looks a belter, hopefully I’ll be up and about towards the end of the week, might give my mates farm a go because if he hasn’t already, he’ll be having his first cut this week, see if I can draw a ginger from the rape and the little wood ?

4 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’m jealous of people who have silage to shoot over, I’ve only got one farm that’s got about 30 aches of cut and it always produces a fox or two,

And blacks! I ended up cutting about 60 acres this afternoon & it mobbed with crows right away

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

.17hmr fodder on a warm evening ?

I'd love to decoy a few with shotgun, but just don't get the time last year or so, used to love building hide, setting out pattern. Even invested in a flapper, crows love a flapper. 

Me and my mate Mosh (sheep farmer ) used to decoy them around the roundhouse in the farm yard when they had the beast in it, it was just a steady stream all day, coming in ones and twos to just a couple of decoys, we found that they came in better with just the few decoys, we always moved the dead, which was odd because shooting on the stubbles, the more birds you could put out the better

21 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Me and my mate Mosh (sheep farmer ) used to decoy them around the roundhouse in the farm yard when they had the beast in it, it was just a steady stream all day, coming in ones and twos to just a couple of decoys, we found that they came in better with just the few decoys, we always moved the dead, which was odd because shooting on the stubbles, the more birds you could put out the better

Aye they ain't daft.

Edited by BenBhoy
38 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I'd love to decoy a few with shotgun, but just don't get the time last year or so, used to love building hide, setting out pattern. Even invested in a flapper, crows love a flapper. 

Dont  think it is legal to shoot corvids on cut silage under the new GL as it's not crop protection, foodstuffs or livestock attack.

• Sad 1