Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Just now, FOXHUNTER said:

Another 40 to go must be a good wood ?

Never been managed mate .I used to do the digging there years back but nobodies ever done the vermin .Saw a rat run across a ride too .Be a novelty on the feeder .

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

No mate , there are 4 entry points, and yes they are mk 4 springers ( cheap Chinese copies)

It looks like a good design. I’d make a couple of those myself but I think they’d get nicked before long, unless I could find a way of securing the box and traps. I’ll have to have a think about it. Had three Larsens opened and tipped over again last week?

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Dervburner said:

It looks like a good design. I’d make a couple of those myself but I think they’d get nicked before long, unless I could find a way of securing the box and traps. I’ll have to have a think about it. Had three Larsens opened and tipped over again last week?

Same here DB , had a Larsen hidden away in a pheasant pen , way , way, off the footpath . Released the call bird and flung in the stingers. 

Years ago first ever bit  of keepering I did I was having fens go missing , tunnels smashed and vermin lines cut down so I staked out a very conspicuous tunnel trap on a ride .Hadnt been in the job long .Hid in a hide made in the brambles .
Not a peep all day but about 6 pm a girl came wandering along the ride with a dog on a lead .My head keeper was elsewhere same wood .She went straight to the trap ,up ended it ,stuck a stick on the fenn and pulled the peg out .Flung the trap in the brambles .I scrambled out pretty worked up to be met by the prettiest girl I’d ever seen lol.I was a bit tongue tied at first but remember blurting out she was in trouble lol.

My head keeper rocked up as she tried her best to flutter her eyes .Turned out it was his daughter lol .
He bollocked her all the way to his truck and drove  off without saying anything to me ?

Next day was frosty atmosphere to start with but he did say she’d been lead astray by students at college ?

As time went on me and the daughter got to know each other very well and I have to say she lead me astray more than once ☺️
I was her bit of rough though and never anything else but good while it lasted .☺️

• Haha 4
54 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

As time went on me and the daughter got to know each other very well and I have to say she lead me astray more than once ☺️
I was her bit of rough though and never anything else but good while it lasted .☺️

I love it when things like that happen......gutting when you wake up though!! ? I had a cracking one about Pamela Anderson last night!! 

• Haha 5

Tbh honest I was punching above my position ,not looks as always been a model type ☺️ but trouble with stunners is they get blanked .Most blokes  think the same but I’ve never been short on the flirt with skirt front .My charm and then wash board stomach ?were too much for her and we cavorted for about 3 months until she went to uni .

Debbie Bryant . Bet she’s RAF now .

Dont think the old man knew ,he was like a sergeant major type but good at his job and gave me a glowing reference to go elsewhere after 4 years of being the dogsbody .

12 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Been doing some squirrel control on the shoot . I’ve got some traps going , and they are hitting some of the pheasant feeders . I can see a red letter say happening soon . 

DC848DB5-B725-487E-A1AE-D3192CC9D044.jpeg

C5A7D1BC-4D3E-4A6D-A2EF-4F23CCD3571D.jpeg

That’s a mint  design mate .Do you bury the trap in the wheat or not bother .