Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

When I was younger every fox I shot I used to take home to weigh ,curious like that. My mate always said my motor smelled of death but I loved it ? He once left a bird in my glovebox on purpose til I thought what's that smell but revenge was sweet when I left a rabbit in his boot well hidden in Summer til the maggots were escaping ??

• Haha 3

I used to go ferreting every Sunday morning. There was a rule that we never put a net on a hole after 11.00am ...... we didn’t want a lay up that would interfere with our Sunday lunchtime pint (ok several pints) . I was driving a cortina estate at the time . We used to sell a lot of the rabbits we caught to the landlord and locals and subsidised our drinking thus . I went out to the back of the cortina to get some rabbits and I noticed that one of the Ferrett’s was out of his box , the catch was broken. To cut a long story short , the Ferrett had dragged a rabbit and pulled it into the central column, next to the gear stick . The stench was unbearable and I was driving around with my window open for ages until I found the rotten carcass. 

18 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Just had a couple of hours before dusk.  Saw 1 doe and a humbug but did see a first for me , a female mandarin duck sat in a stubble field but no Male with her.

So.........did you make a move??

?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

I bet he knows number 69

Reminds me of a joke..

A man gets home from work & has been horny all day. He drags his wife to bedroom saying "come on, I'm desperate to 69 with you".

"I can't" she replies, "wrong time of the month".

He stops briefly... "I don't care" he says, "I'm so horny let's do it anyway".

They're getting well stuck in when the doorbell goes & she remembers she's expecting a delivery. The man gets up to go but his wife reminds him how his face might look... " don't worry" he says "if they say anything I'll say I was eating toast & that it's strawberry jam".

Upon opening the door, the delivery guy really is staring at his face, looking disguted, so the man tells him about the toast & jam

"Oh, it's not that Sir" replies the delivery guy, "i was looking at the peanut butter all over your nose"!!

Thank you, thank you very much! 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Reminds me of a joke..

A man gets home from work & has been horny all day. He drags his wife to bedroom saying "come on, I'm desperate to 69 with you".

"I can't" she replies, "wrong time of the month".

He stops briefly... "I don't care" he says, "I'm so horny let's do it anyway".

They're getting well stuck in when the doorbell goes & she remembers she's expecting a delivery. The man gets up to go but his wife reminds him how his face might look... " don't worry" he says "if they say anything I'll say I was eating toast & that it's strawberry jam".

Upon opening the door, the delivery guy really is staring at his face, looking disguted, so the man tells him about the toast & jam

"Oh, it's not that Sir" replies the delivery guy, "i was looking at the peanut butter all over your nose"!!

Thank you, thank you very much! 

Here’s your coat ? 

• Haha 1

On my ground for 4.30 am this morning and it was chilly , when will it warm up ? Haven't taken a buck off here yet so was hopeful. I first spied 2 roe chasing each other , which turned out to be a buck and doe. The buck stopped on the edge of the wood but was 230 paces away. I thought he was going to disappear so aimed a touch high but unfortunately missed for some reason ....however he ran out into the field and stopped broadside,  no mistake this time , a solid strike and 20 yard dash and he was down ? Perfect heart shot 230 paces. After gralloching him  I noticed another buck through a gap in the hedge. So I had a good sneak up on him and took him at 60 yards as he was trotting towards me ?  A great morning with 2 in the bag , 1 is being butchered for the farmer the other is being donated to Stav ?

20210507_051256.jpg

20210507_052100.jpg

20210507_054250.jpg

• Like 1