Back up at the shoot

4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Just dropped out of our shoot

Strangely enough I've just done the same!! I don't mind the odd driven day here or there but much rather just have a walk about on my own or just couple of mates. Plus, more & more I'm working at getting more of a walked up shoot here where I work. 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Syndicates can be a bit of a headache, someone always has something to winge about, I’m still waiting to find out if anyone is dropping out of ours this year, instead of moaning about how their fee have gone up £100 to £500 for 8 days, instead of bitching about it, go and try and find driven shooting for that price anywhere in North Yorkshire ??

• Haha 2

I'm a bit of a lone wolf and love hunting solo as you get better results. Something about sneaking about on your own with no one to feck things up but yourself.  The shit you hear spouted on shoots is unreal and always from people who hardly get out ?

• Like 1

Fancy a change Mark .Sort of semi retired now so mid weeks no problem .

Ive been asking about renting fallow ground  too but missed out on a mint place because the secretary never passed my details ,bitch .

Roe have lost their appeal ,muntjac good but only seen at night .I want bigger deer ,more challenge mate .

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Roe have lost their appeal ,muntjac good but only seen at night .I want bigger deer ,more challenge mate .

More challenging humping them about ? only roe here so no choice.

If I was just a member of our syndicate I don’t think I’d still be in it, I don’t have any interest in driven shooting really, but all the other shooting I get from it and been involved in running the shoot makes it worth my while ( oh, and I don’t pay what the other members do ?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

If I was just a member of our syndicate I don’t think I’d still be in it, I don’t have any interest in driven shooting really, but all the other shooting I get from it and been involved in running the shoot makes it worth my while ( oh, and I don’t pay what the other members do ?)

We must sort a fallow out come August ?

Just now, FOXHUNTER said:

We must sort a fallow out come August ?

Definitely mate, I’m starting my pre season work up there over the coming weeks, so I’ll be having a look about to see what’s on my patch 

• Like 1

I miss my spaniels and a walk about a bit of rough ground . I had a fantastic bit of rough shooting, years ago . Woodcock pheasant and rabbit , plus  the odd fox . Life was much more simple and my sport less complicated. Why do we complicate things by getting involved with organised shoots ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I had a fantastic bit of rough shooting,

Just for fun; what makes good rough ground in our collective opinions?? 

I've a patch at top of farm, woodland at top leading down slope of grassland into fair deep drop to a steam with few deep pools. I love walking this patch. Have had mallard, pheasants right through to squirrels & crows. I want my ashes put at base of a beech tree in the corner up there. Happy place. 

• Like 1

The ground I am talking about is now the 417 mountain bike park. It was on a hillside that was basically cattle grazing. It had a couple of small woods , a ditch with a stream , patches of bramble , tussocks of marsh grass , reeds , hedges . It was also not far from pheasant shoots . It was probably about 400 acres . It also neighboured a newly planted wood which I used to also shoot the deer and rabbits and squirrels. Lots of my old dogs are buried up there and I think I’d like my ashes scattered up there with them , in a place I spent many a happy hour in their company.

• Like 3

I guess most shooting men have that place either where it all started or a favourite patch they’d like to have ashes scattered .Mine keeps changing ?as they build houses on green fields ,b*****ds .Can see the surprise on a townies  face when the kids rock up with my ashes to scatter on a new build lol.

When I had the lurchers and most of my terriers are buried not far from my house on fields owned by the crown .Many a decent night there on the rabbits when rabbits were real and not a memory .

Still the best thread on here lads ??

• Like 3