Back up at the shoot

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Had to make a start on the bucks too .    

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Be a job for you in his wake mate 🤔

Too much work for me mate . My Mrs likes to see me now and then . Commercial shoots and what I do are very different. They will want someone with a track record of running a successful commercial estate, with a diploma from Sparsholt , and that is not me .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

No , don’t get me wrong he is a top lad , but he’s not got the experience yet . It would be wrong to put all that  on him . 

Does he know that though?

32 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Too much work for me mate . My Mrs likes to see me now and then . Commercial shoots and what I do are very different. They will want someone with a track record of running a successful commercial estate, with a diploma from Sparsholt , and that is not me .

You do have a diploma from Shazbat though!

• Haha 2
Just now, lllluke1 said:

Does he know that though?

Yes he’s not under any illusions. The kids 20 . He is a step up from an under keeper , more beat keeper . I think he would like to follow my mate to Northumberland but my mate wouldn’t do that to his old boss , he is an honourable bloke and is leaving on very good terms .

• Like 1

It’s not that grim, even if where I live is apparently the most dangerous place to live in the country, maybe I’ll move down south and then that will become the most dangerous place to live 😁

793F61AD-F826-426F-A5C7-E726FA0F4D35.png

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s not that grim, even if where I live is apparently the most dangerous place to live in the country, maybe I’ll move down south and then that will become the most dangerous place to live 😁

You stay where you are sunshine I dont want it getting worse down here!

😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

3rd from last on the list, happy for now

• Like 1