Jump to content

Back up at the shoot


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Nice. 900?

917577773_us!416(2).jpg.b37c9ca766e25bd13c87eddd31a2bd1c.jpgPhoto0037.jpg.3851e66727758cc914ca19e1ae836b00.jpg

Dont have any photos of the guzzies or my s4 monster.

I absolutely love aprilia, I had a RSV Mille for a few months and it was frightening how quick it was, I couldn’t ride it for long it was like been beat up

i almost bought a aprilia dorsoduro 900, before the virus, good job I didn’t with the way things have turned out with work and what not

  • Like 1
Link to post

  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to make a start on the bucks too .    

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Stavross said:

I absolutely love aprilia, I had a RSV Mille for a few months and it was frightening how quick it was, I couldn’t ride it for long it was like been beat up

i almost bought a aprilia dorsoduro 900, before the virus, good job I didn’t with the way things have turned out with work and what not

Had a tuono R also. Preferred the falcon but it was good and no you didnt feel beat up after 300miles.

 

SAM_0089.jpg.35c07e82ca81c5d921a7fef5674167ea.jpg

Put some cans on it after this photo.

  • Like 3
Link to post
1 minute ago, Sausagedog said:

Ah yes the m1000. I always wanted a ss1000. There wasn't many about.

Mrs had a m695. That was fun.

She went around scotland on it too.

Yes your right the M1000 was quite rare I will probably regret selling it same as the SS there fetching good money, here’s a better pic of it I’m hijacking stavs thread 😬

97C407FF-4135-4487-9938-10DA37EE8A53.jpeg.e0494601e16a64a3883302fde27a759c.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post

That’s lovely, the problem with the Mille was the riding position and it constantly felt like it was trying to get out from between my legs, I think it was just to much bike for me 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

All those cars they just don’t make stuff like that any more the xr2s god they were quick and that other little car the Renault Gt turbo I think it was so fast I had a race with one on one of my bikes, and why anybody would burn out a Capri 2.8 turbo doesn’t make sense your mate must have been devastated.

I had a lovely mk2 xr2 E reg when I was 18, it was only my second car and I thought it was the fastest thing on the road, the Renault 5 turbos were dangerous, they were really fast, really light with the brakes off a BMX

  • Haha 1
Link to post
14 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Yes your right the M1000 was quite rare I will probably regret selling it same as the SS there fetching good money, here’s a better pic of it I’m hijacking stavs thread 😬

97C407FF-4135-4487-9938-10DA37EE8A53.jpeg.e0494601e16a64a3883302fde27a759c.jpeg

If it wasn't for the engine and missing rad it is the same as my s4.

Had a few st's too including this st4s.

1042767154_st4s003.jpg.230f3638655ca12937604a5bf6da3893.jpg

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That’s lovely, the problem with the Mille was the riding position and it constantly felt like it was trying to get out from between my legs, I think it was just to much bike for me 

Just the wrong bike for the road mate. Loads of my mates at the time made the same mistake.

I was always up their chuff though in the bends with half the power and comfy 👍

Link to post
1 minute ago, Sausagedog said:

If it wasn't for the engine and missing rad it is the same as my s4.

Had a few set's too including this st4s.

1042767154_st4s003.jpg.230f3638655ca12937604a5bf6da3893.jpg

The colour scheme of that ST4 is lovely I do believe they have the DS engine in them lovely lovely bikes I have had water cooled bikes but at heart I am into air cooled they just seem to sound better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Just now, Sausagedog said:

Just the wrong bike for the road mate. Loads of my mates at the time made the same mistake.

I was always up their chuff though in the bends with half the power and comfy 👍

I can’t be doing with laying across a petrol tank, I like a sitty up kind of ride nowadays, I liked my KTM supermoto and my brother has a GS1200 and that’s lovely to ride

Link to post
1 minute ago, FLATTOP said:

The colour scheme of that ST4 is lovely I do believe they have the DS engine in them lovely lovely bikes I have had water cooled bikes but at heart I am into air cooled they just seem to sound better.

996.

It came to me a lemon.

Completely screwed up throttle bodies that took some synchronizing . Burnt out clutch. Forks fitted twisted and rear wheel bearings shot. Oh and handled like crap but soon had it handling like a Ducati should.

Could put it in top until  above 80.

When I sold it I took the buyer for a ride on it down a bendy road.

When we got back he was shaking and said "ssssold" 😁.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Stav. I had an S plated 1200 bandit from new! Handled like crap until I dropped the yokes 1/2 an inch. Much better with an open can on it too.

Pretty much my last 4inline and what a lovely grunty lump it is. Fell in love with italian v twins after that.

I almost bought a 1200 bandit ( that was 98 S reg ) after having a go of a mates but for some reason the deal fell thought, instead I bought a VTR firestorm, that was a nice sounding bike

  • Like 1
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I almost bought a 1200 bandit ( that was 98 S reg ) after having a go of a mates but for some reason the deal fell thought, instead I bought a VTR firestorm, that was a nice sounding bike

V twins are so much fun 👍

They were the last produced motorcycle  with carbs and I think the largest carbs fitted to a factory bike. 38mm I think.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Off the subject of bikes as I know nothing about them , just received a pic from my mate of his new FX Crown. 25 which he has just picked up running at 72 ft/lb.  Cant wait to see it perform once the weather brightens. 

IMG-20210119-WA0000.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...