Back up at the shoot

What do people do after getting home when caught out in rain?

Got pretty wet last night, out with stainless t3x. Wiped all metal down with oily rag & put couple patches through barrel. Took mod apart, wiped over & left on radiator.

Enough

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

What do people do after getting home when caught out in rain?

Got pretty wet last night, out with stainless t3x. Wiped all metal down with oily rag & put couple patches through barrel. Took mod apart, wiped over & left on radiator.

Enough

Pretty much the same Ben.

Bolt on the harth. Pull through to remove condensation after gun has dried or come to room temp.

I prefer to grease or wax the exterior it stays on better once caught out in it. Oils just lift  off.

• Like 1

Ben 

you should sleep with your rifle , and demote the wife to the back bedroom 

and make sure your firearm is nice and cuddly next to you . It makes perfect sense , well it does if you seen mine and I don’t mean the rifle 

Who do you spend the most time with ??in your case it’s them lovely sheep Welsh man .lol 

atb mate 

• Haha 4

Well, it didn’t quite go to plan, but it wasn’t a total disaster 

Me and FOXHUNTER took a trip up to the shoot on the lookout for the fallow, he arrived at mine just before mid day and we were at the shoot a little after 1pm, setting out for a good walk we did the back of Gordon’s pen through part of the drive and headed over the piggeries before walking the length of the oak wood. Not seeing anything, we made our way past the forestry pen back towards the piggeries, just before we came to the track at the end of the wood FH clocked a ground of 3 fallow doe’s, watching them for a while it wasn’t long before they headed into the thick cover at the back of Gordon’s pen without presenting a shoot. We headed up to the corner with the intention of looking for the fallow, when we got there the fallow were nowhere to be seen but a quick look to the right and there was a roe doe on the edge of the track, quickly FH was down on the bipod and a couple of minutes later the doe was down with a clean heart/lung shot, ( the deer is in the right of the picture) , only travelling 15 yards or so into the trees, retrieving the beast we put it out the way and headed over the piggeries, after giving it until the very last light and not seeing a fallow over there we called it a night, although it was a lovely day up there, there was a brisk cold wind blowing across the fields which seemed to keep the deer in the forestry blocks. So at the end of the day we didn’t get our fallow but we did see a few and didn’t come home empty handed, good company and a lovely walk out ( no walkers) the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon ?

024FF0C5-2AF5-4DFD-B849-F6333D39D976.jpeg

BE2B2BA8-DBC7-45A0-AE0A-24BB7BB9BFFE.jpeg

43F839B5-0794-4872-9F71-7DB30CA2456C.jpeg

D7A4BD29-17D7-4ADC-B4BF-43A01DBD5526.jpeg

• Like 8

Speaking of fallow, a mate that i shoot with does a fair bit of ratting for a couple of farmers. One of which has bought a fair parcel of ground away from his farm for his sheep. There are lots of fallow on it and he has asked my mate if we will go and knock the numbers down. I said tell him we will but only if we can go foxing.?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was a great afternoon,  we put in a lot of miles so thoroughly deserved the roe doe.

It was a pity those fallow weren't standing in a safe position but nice to see. One day my luck will change and we will get one? Thanks again for the invit. ?

@Ianm if you need a hand with the fallow just give us a shout ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, ianm said:

Speaking of fallow, a mate that i shoot with does a fair bit of ratting for a couple of farmers. One of which has bought a fair parcel of ground away from his farm for his sheep. There are lots of fallow on it and he has asked my mate if we will go and knock the numbers down. I said tell him we will but only if we can go foxing.?  

.......and make sure he pays you as well.

??

?

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It was a great afternoon,  we put in a lot of miles so thoroughly deserved the roe doe.

It was a pity those fallow weren't standing in a safe position but nice to see. One day my luck will change and we will get one? Thanks again for the invit. ?

@Ianm if you need a hand with the fallow just give us a shout ?

I checked my step thing on my phone and it said we did 8.6 miles, I’m out with Longshanx this afternoon, with a bit of luck it won’t be another 8 miles

31 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

One day my luck will change and we will get one? Thanks again for the invit. ?

You know you are welcome anytime ?

• Like 1