Lifting lockdown

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We know they are playing great selfless roles,as do firemen,army etc etc but cant we all just get on with it without all the silly saucepan bashing,it was a nice gesture the first time but now its all

some may be pissed off  becouse they cant goout for a few weeks , ,just wait till they start opening stuff up again  and it all goes tits up  big time ,anyone who thinks this is going away any time so

My brother has served in army, navy and marines. He now works in the hospital (he left to become a chimney sweep but went back recently as they were short staffed). He caught corona while working on i

Posted Images

Just now, DIDO.1 said:

Just been into Bolton. 

The hydroponics shop is open and so is the fishing shop. 

I wish they would open a hypocrite shop for all the morons on FB. 

I guarantee not one of them will have adhered to the lockdown rules but then have the cheek to slate others. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I guarantee not one of them will have adhered to the lockdown rules but then have the cheek to slate others. 

Bowton, not been back there fer years, was a festering shithole then, buggered off down Suffolk what a contrast

some may be pissed off  becouse they cant goout for a few weeks , ,just wait till they start opening stuff up again  and it all goes tits up  big time ,anyone who thinks this is going away any time soon  needs tothink again    !!!

• Like 11
45 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'm not slating anyone. Iv totally stopped worrying about any of it. The only thing that pisses me off is the same mongs that ignore lock down will be the same ones blaming the government when things go tits up 

• Like 3

No one has asked the virus  what its plans are., It might decide to go off on holiday and disapear as fast as it appeared or it might mutate into a real potent killer just like the Spanish flue did in 1918.! Seeing as it takes about two weeks to develop I  can't see how anyone can predict how it will pan out, Re... openIng up lockdown.   In the meantime it is great.  The sun is shining we've had a nice bottle of wine with lunch and I've just woken up with a stiff neck. It could be worse like the Prat neighbour over the road could be out there strumming his guitar and attempting to sing which resembles a pissed up bullock attempting to entertain passers by although it seem to make them break into a jog to get past. The Mrs seems to have secumbed to the wine also.

Edited by Meece
3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Best way not to get upset by what others are up to is stay off face book and row your own boat,?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's true no one can predict what will happen next with this virus. Will there be a second wave, will there not, who knows? This virus is the least of your troubles compared to what's coming economically and financially. 

So let's get back to functioning properly and let life carry on as it always has. Lockdown hasn't saved anyone's life, what a load of bollocks! 

3 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

It's true no one can predict what will happen next with this virus. Will there be a second wave, will there not, who knows? This virus is the least of your troubles compared to what's coming economically and financially. 

So let's get back to functioning properly and let life carry on as it always has. Lockdown hasn't saved anyone's life, what a load of bollocks! 

economics and finance are no good to anyone if they are dead mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get that argument, but it's a bit too 'extreme case scenario' imo. Think we have all become a little too 'cotton wooled' by big brother. A stay home order certainly appeals to a certain type of person and that's the type of person that they are striving for as the 'perfect citizen' of the future. Obedient, non questioning and highly fearful of the most unlikely scenarios. 

150,000 people die everyday throughout the world, it's a risky thing this 'Life business!' 

• Like 2

Stay at home dont pay the tax man,so they want us out,no good going out early then bringing the virus home to nans,grandads,parents,elderly etc.its survival of the cleverest,bollox to money,no good going to your dads funeral with a pocket full of cash.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I get that argument, but it's a bit too 'extreme case scenario' imo. Think we have all become a little too 'cotton wooled' by big brother. A stay home order certainly appeals to a certain type of person and that's the type of person that they are striving for as the 'perfect citizen' of the future. Obedient, non questioning and highly fearful of the most unlikely scenarios. 

150,000 people die everyday throughout the world, it's a risky thing this 'Life business!' 

A stay at home order certainly doesn't appeal to me my friend, and im  highly fearfull of no scenarios,  I stay at home by choice not what folk suggest or order me to do, I value my life and the life of others so its my choice to stay at home, I can see unlike many others the risk of not doing so, especialy the social distancing

• Like 2

We should be free to make our own choices, simple. If Keith wants to stay home and others the same that’s there choice to make. It shouldn’t be made for us, this virus is the biggest con in history and the fallout will cost many many lives and even more livelihoods. The cure will prove fair more harmful than the virus. If your under 40 your chances of dying this year haven’t changed! If you under 65 they risen a barely noticeable amount. Children have fair more chance of dying of cancer, cot death etc than Covid 19. It’s all well and good hiding indoors but furlough can’t carry on forever and if firms can’t open jobs will go in the millions. If you think it’s lives vs money you need to be think again, this is lives vs lives. At lot of people have allowed death statistics to scare them when they are unfamiliar with seeing them, 1600 people die everyday and most of those dying have died WITH Covid NOT because of it if they had at all. Bit brutal I know but most of those that have died would have died in 2020 anyway. Life is a constant risk and we used to understand that now people want to avoid real life until risk is removed...it’s not possible! Time for an intelligent conversation about what lockdown has actual achieved (not a lot the way we have done it other than destroy our economy) vs what damage it’s doing. Time to get back to work. This virus is going nowhere and if wait for a virus to start life again then there will be no NHS, jobs, public services etc as all of this is paid for with tax revenue which currently doesn’t exist. 

If you live your life in fear it’s a life wasted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1