Sheep and lambs

Just like to show the dogs, few sheep once in a while, both are sound with stock, but with lambs, it never hurts to show a few, and as Buck bumps In to far more stuff than old Bryn  does, it good thing. Woody on the lead as  wouldn't trust him around sheep, cattle, horses  the little shit, he was rescue dog  before my lad had he about  10 I think

IMG_20200411_100149.jpg

IMG_20200411_100201.jpg

IMG_20200411_100011.jpg

IMG_20200411_100637.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never hurts to keep on top of them? Reminds me to get back out in amongst them with the wheaten x... She not seen any for a few months, stuck local only got cattle and horses which she is bombpro

Best not bother ewes in lamb or any form of sheep.stay out the road on um if possible however good the dogs are imo 

Have You soiled your only pair of y fronts again mort? ? No one is advocating slipping dogs through sheep..... That would be on par with letting more than one terrier to ground at once?people in glass

Posted Images

Nice one Ray it makes life much easier. Don't trust mine full stop and it takes away from him a good 50% but we manage. His ok but I just don't trust him way too hair triggered 
Buck is a trooper and i don't think you will ever top him

14 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I like seeing  that ray but just watch they don't spook because a farmer might see things different buddy if bucks charging about and there running of 

True mate, yeh I do walk slow by them, and it seems to make the dogs do a it the same, but you are right  a dog like Buck on the move, a farmer would  shoot him there and then,  I get  lot of people clocking  Buck never mind a farmer. 

• Like 1
Just now, bird said:

True mate, yeh I do walk slow by them, and it seems to make the dogs do a it the same, but you are right  a dog like Buck on the move, a farmer would  shoot him there and then,  I get  lot of people clocking  Buck never mind a farmer. 

well He's a bit hard to miss ? you no bitches lined up for him ray 

mine ran a big rabbit on a mooch last week off winter wheat and through a field of sheep. they scattered away dog never even looked at them even on her way back, but I have no doubt a farmer would see it totally different. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

well He's a bit hard to miss ? you no bitches lined up for him ray 

Haha true,  he like big brown thing comi g ar you. Lol,  think it was  few months ago , a couple with 2 kids and    lab typedog were  walkng further up the same track, and Buck came running out towards them, he won't hurt I shouted, the bloke said  OK, but his Mrs said bloody hell he looked  like big brown  wolf thing, I thought (thing) lol she was OK once wagged his tail by her. No bitches mate, as yet,  but you never know, maybe somebody might want  had power, pace, stamina to there lurcher line, he deff got lot offer,  more in my mind than old Bryn  ever could, as he more of alrounder. 

Yep farmers don’t like there sheep running full stop. Ray must know these sheep and how they react. We all know our own local sheep. I have one farm just the site of a dog on a lead they panic. Yet the ones across the road don’t care.

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Never hurts to keep on top of them?IMG-20171127-WA0003.thumb.jpg.cc21a9c71237adb5a8c09e226b1845c0.jpgIMG-20180915-WA0004.jpg.520e72142eddfca311333bfbec85b801.jpg

Reminds me to get back out in amongst them with the wheaten x... She not seen any for a few months, stuck local only got cattle and horses which she is bombproof with ?

you must be only fella in Wales with no sheep 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking good!

the whole stock breaking thing is interesting.

Was watching a video on you tube, which I think was filmed by a member on here, they are lamping rabbits and slip dog on a rabbit in a field of sheep, dog goes through them, scatters sheep every where, even see one sheep lurch out the dogs was and go over  ...... dog ignores the sheep totally, catches rabbit and brings it back. Clip seemed to be filmed October / November and it looked to be a group of ewes.

There was a bit of debate on the comments section but consensus was that ppl shouldn’t give the lad a hard time as his dog was stock broken etc etc 

What’s your thoughts ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

you must be only fella in Wales with no sheep 

There's sheep here if I jump in the motor and drive 10 mins away on a friends farm we keep horses at.... That's the mrs job.... I've not been there since February time myself ?staying locally walking forestry block's and a few cattle feilds checking wires and trailcams in this lockdown on a 6 mile loop twice a day?put a 12 x 10 shed up for the old duck this morning and now I'm chilling in the spa?get out for a few hrs when it cools down. 

8 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Looking good!

the whole stock breaking thing is interesting.

Was watching a video on you tube, which I think was filmed by a member on here, they are lamping rabbits and slip dog on a rabbit in a field of sheep, dog goes through them, scatters sheep every where, even see one sheep lurch out the dogs was and go over  ...... dog ignores the sheep totally, catches rabbit and brings it back. Clip seemed to be filmed October / November and it looked to be a group of ewes.

There was a bit of debate on the comments section but consensus was that ppl shouldn’t give the lad a hard time as his dog was stock broken etc etc 

What’s your thoughts ?

I can understand folks breaking his balls.... Sheep are notoriously stupid and running around in a panic can make them abort or injure themselves.... I've had similar in the past myself, when foxes were our main  thing, can't stop a dog on its tail... once in front of the farmer who was showing us round?thankfully it all ended well... Judging by his face.... its not something I would make a habit of doing?

I gave a lurcher pup to friends who keep sheep.... Been around them since 8 weeks old. It can run through them and they pay no attention to her.... I found that interesting.... As if they are used to her...out of curiosity Do you find that with your own dogs and stock SheepChaser? 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t keep one that wasn’t bomb proof and not as in avoiding them but happy to travel through them , my pup was running this season quarry heading right at two sheep when between them she didn’t miss a beat dodged the sheep and carried on catching it in a gutter , I’d lose my head if there stopped and came back every time they seen sheep , 

• Like 1

Never used to bother stock breaking my dogs because on the land I used to run I never used to encounter any stock being arible land only ferrets an chickens that I used to keep my self went for years with ever out bothering stock breaking my dogs  I was lucky with my old bitch she was never formal broken she learned on the job    An never shown no interest in them on a few spots I used to drop on.any dog I have now has to be stock broken because I’ve moved location to land we’re there’s plenty of stock about my white bitch works through sheep no problem the pup I’ve not worked through sheep yet but seems reasonably sensible in the day but the proofs always in the pudding I’ll have to see once she’s entered on the lamp working through sheep fingers ??She’s alright as a couple of bits of my permission is on sheep farms I’ll have to see on the night once her adrenaline is going 

• Like 1