A lad I trained up I   payed for his driving lessons admittedly it benefited me  I even bought him a car when he passed and paid his deposit on his house and removal costs I never asked for a penny back has been going round some contracts I have trying to under cut me and got some on board  I know times are hard but I looked after this lad I feel gutted he couldn't talk to me or has done this but lesson learned 

• Sad 4

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And theres your problem....if you would help anyone in business then dont expect to be in business for very long. If im letting someone into my life or my business i want to know i can trust them

I know the feeling mate... Very few lads ever work for you that give a f**k about you, they say the right things to your face cause you pay the wages...but 99% will go wherever the money is...or

Maybe I should of worked for you then? ? I’m not disputing any of that mate & I’m not saying any of what’s gone on for the op is acceptable, it’s just the loyalty thing has never been a big thing

8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

A lad I trained up I   payed for his driving lessons admittedly it benefited me  I even bought him a car when he passed and paid his deposit on his house and removal costs I never asked for a penny back has been going round some contracts I have trying to under cut me and got some on board  I know times are hard but I looked after this lad I feel gutted he couldn't talk to me or has done this but lesson learned 

c**ts trick mate...happened to me with a real close lad, I was sending money into him in nick and assured him a job when he was out... set up on his own with another of my lads and tapped my contacts....

2 years ago same thing, not so friendly with him but gave him loads of responsibility and tried to look after him, set up on his own, identical to what we had running and lied to my face when I pulled him.as he left...I found out from a contact who rang me to say he had been tapped up and was disgusted with the behaviour ... you just cant trust anyone mate....

It actually upsets you as well as the the rage.... he'll come unstuck mate...they always do

• Like 4

No I'm more wounded he couldn't talk to me I have helped lads that wanted to go alone before  and they have done well but I haven't had this before but you live and learn I tried ringing him but I wish well shame I did what I did he seemed a decent lad but I'm sure we will meet again I hope one of the contracts he gets paid otherwise he's fecked and they don't pay for months ? 

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Paid his deposit, come on lol wouldn't do that for the mistress lol. What was the trade out of interest? It's a shame if he's gone after your contracts knowing they're yours....

His trade was  a brick layer at the time a 3rd year apprentice so what do you find so hard about looking after lads 

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

No I'm more wounded he couldn't talk to me I have helped lads that wanted to go alone before  and they have done well but I haven't had this before but you live and learn I tried ringing him but I wish well shame I did what I did he seemed a decent lad but I'm sure we will meet again I hope one of the contracts he gets paid otherwise he's fecked and they don't pay for months ? 

I know the feeling mate...

Very few lads ever work for you that give a f**k about you, they say the right things to your face cause you pay the wages...but 99% will go wherever the money is...or where they think it is until they realise grass ain't always greener...too f***ing late then...

Dont fret mate, you sound like you've done everything right by him, he'll regret his actions one day..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've had similar done to me, it is proper cuntish but, don't let it stop you from helping someone out in the future - some are good 'uns and will appreciate it and go on to make something of themselves ?

In your situation I'd be tempted to give him a slap. In reality, I'd knock his door and tell him face to face that it hurts to be kicked in the bollocks like that - his reaction will tell you a lot.

Good luck ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Balaur said:

It's extremely generous, it's not like providing a van or whatknot. I'm sure he's probably feeling regret or guilt but it's the way of the world I guess all fair in love, war and business....

We all do things different regardless of works and doesn't are you called Joe with a dog that's always hurt that reports on his updates 

14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I know the feeling mate...

Very few lads ever work for you that give a f**k about you, they say the right things to your face cause you pay the wages...but 99% will go wherever the money is...or where they think it is until they realise grass ain't always greener...too f***ing late then...

Dont fret mate, you sound like you've done everything right by him, he'll regret his actions one day..

? mate sorry but that made me laugh, I’ve always found that work the other way. Employers dangling the carrot expecting loyalty, but rarely returning it when times change.

Not saying you’re like that, but come on? I’ve learnt the hard way....sometimes you just have to jump & see what happens.

• Like 4