• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Whats a decent time for a half marathon for someone with a decent level of general fitness but who hasnt run more than about 5/6 miles in years......road running this is not treadmill ?

You should be in the 1.00 - 1.15hrs. ?

• Haha 3

I ran my first half in around 1hr 50. Second in 1hr 45. Then nailed a 1hr 38... anywhere under a couple of hours ain't too bad I'd say. 

Just to add, my first half was only the second time I'd ran any sort of distance, first being a 10k for cancer research...

Yokel

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, socks said:

You should be in the 1.00 - 1.15hrs. ?

You'll f***ing kill the man! :laugh: That'd be generally considered an 'elite' time, no? LOL. A fella who hasn't run more than 5 mile in years but is otherwise fit could hardly be put in an elite category!

https://www.ukfitnessevents.co.uk/event/half-marathon/average-half-marathon-time

Average half marathon time for intermediate runners
More experienced runners, those who have already completed a half marathon for instance, may have their sights set on completing their next half marathon in a faster time. The average half marathon time for an intermediate runner is around 1:45-2:10, with many setting a target of a sub 2-hour time.

Average half marathon time for athletes/elites
Elite athletes follow a rigorous training plan and are capable of achieving an impressive pace over the 13.1 mile distance of a half marathon. For men the average time to run a half marathon is around 1:10-1:30 minutes, and for women around 1:20-1:40 – that’s over 8mph! The world record holder for the men’s half marathon is Abraham Kiptum, completing the race in less than an hour at 58:18. The women’s half marathon record is held by Joyciline Jepkosgei with a time of 64:51.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im talking about literally getting out of bed one day saying " f**k it i think i,ll run for 2 hours and see how far i get ".....i was quite pleased with myself im no spring chicken and not exactly built for endurance......f****n 1.10 saucy f****r ?

c0e9827f-ac4b-4eab-93cd-29c5bce0b904.JPG

• Haha 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

Im talking about literally getting out of bed one day saying " f**k it i think i,ll run for 2 hours and see how far i get ".....i was quite pleased with myself im no spring chicken and not exactly built for endurance......f****n 1.10 saucy f****r ?

I think as a non runner just being able to run for 2 hours shows quite a reasonable level of endurance. I'm talking about normal people here of course, not captain america or whatever.

17 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You'll f***ing kill the man! :laugh: That'd be generally considered an 'elite' time, no? LOL. A fella who hasn't run more than 5 mile in years but is otherwise fit could hardly be put in an elite category!

https://www.ukfitnessevents.co.uk/event/half-marathon/average-half-marathon-time

f**k off the man is a gym queen and body beautiful all round athlete ... he can do them times when easily ???

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I'm calling bullshit on that fella. No way someone can just get out of bed and run that far in that time without putting in a bit of prep. 

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Have some faith in your self man I know you can do it ??? just believe ?

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think as a non runner just being able to run for 2 hours shows quite a reasonable level of endurance. I'm talking about normal people here of course, not captain america or whatever.

The ol hips and back are aching a bit today but there was plenty left in the tank it was a run we used to do years ago as young boxers along the River Lea out of Limehouse right up to Ponders End Reservoirs at a few stages it felt like i was fast walking rather than running i was so slow but having biked a few times per week over the years i thought 2 hours constant running would be a piece of piss aerobically......it was the joints i hadnt taken into consideration ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I'm sorry mate but you're stretching the truth there, you would have had to have done just more than 4 5k's at 30 minutes each. 

That’s only 3 miles I could fukcing walk that distance in 30 mins .....  

• Like 1