Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

Just now, maxhardcore said:

Let it be the choice of close family if they want to take the risk of being with their loved ones at the end.

As Iv pointed out a SNP politician traveled 400 miles from London - Glasgow on a train when Positive with no PPE.

No it shouldn't be there choice; 98% would choose yes and that would add a ridiculous amount of cases and deaths unnecessarily 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

Question: Who here will consciously change they day to day behaviour when all this finally settles down ?

Will you still want to live in high population areas ?

Will you still want to take the trip abroad ?

Will you still shop with hundreds of others in the supermarket ?

Will you still take the visit to the retail park with thousands of others ? 

Do you want to go back to the way it was before ? 

Edited by WILF
8 hours ago, All-terrain said:

Well like Balaur a few weeks ago I’d just heard of people saying they knew people with it, then I knew people myself testing positive, having to isolate etc took my kid for tests Because kids in her bubble had tested positive, Then say about ten days ago loads have it, some like a cold, loss of taste and smell, saying worst bit was not tasting food Etc, the last week I know personally 7 been hospitalised, 3 who have died, 2 still in , 2 out in a day or next day, I’m still thinking alsorts mate don’t know what the fucks going on but me and Ray  next door was having a laugh and joke Saturday night, now he’s gone mate, it’s like a bad nightmare honestly, lee my mates brother who’s died Is only in his 40’s I’ve got to go see them tomorrow, my dad looks terrible broke my heart seeing him like he is, it’s only seeing stuff like this that’s made me think f**k this is real ?‍♂️ A-t

thats real bad mate...very sad....

are you ok....have you now been tested etc ...with being so close to your next door...

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Question: Who here will consciously change they day to day behaviour when all this finally settles down ?

Will you still want to live in high population areas ?

Will you still want to take the trip abroad ?

Will you still shop with hundreds of others in the supermarket ?

Will you still take the visit to the retail park with thousands of others ? 

Do you want to go back to the way it was before ? 

Morning mate. I’ll be happy to travel anywhere really. Life’s too short not to & it gives you a greater perspective in life. Which I value highly.

The other things on your list I’ve been steadily working on for years anyway, but I’m lucky enough to be able to. A lot of People aren’t & have little choice or don’t realise they have?

• Like 2

I despise anyone playing party politics while people are dying of this pandemic.

But Labour are playing a blinder !

Burnhan demands more money for Greater Manchester than the other areas got, and when the Government refuse, all the Labour MP's are screaming that Boris hates the North !

How is a Mayor allowed to hold the Government to ransom ? Give him what he wants, and it becomes a bidding war between regions !

The Tory's are making a right mess of this by inflicting a lock down piecemeal, instead of a national lockdown.

Im all ready hearing people in "the Red Wall" saying they'll not vote Tory again. All Labour have to do is keep up the north versus south accusations and the Tories are out next election !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I despise anyone playing party politics while people are dying of this pandemic.

Burnhan demands more money for Greater Manchester than the other areas got, and when the Government refuse, all the Labour MP's are screaming that Boris hates the North !

How is a Mayor allowed to hold the Government to ransom ? Give him what he wants, and it becomes a bidding war between regions !

The Tory's are making a right mess of this by inflicting a lock down piecemeal, instead of a national lockdown.

Im all ready hearing people in "the Red Wall" saying they'll not vote Tory again. All Labour have to do is keep up the north versus south accusations and the Tories are out next election !

Cheers.

That says as much about the electorate as it does the elected mate 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I despise anyone playing party politics while people are dying off this pandemic.

The Tory's are making aright mess of this by inflicting a lock down piecemeal, instead of a national lockdown.

Cheers.

I think he’s right. If you are going to shut down an area give them the support they need. Plenty of money went to their mates for a track & trace system which ain’t working well.

Why should the south west lock down?

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I despise anyone playing party politics while people are dying off this pandemic.

The Tory's are making aright mess of this by inflicting a lock down piecemeal, instead of a national lockdown.

Cheers.

Do you reckon the Scottish governments decisions to always be a level heavier than 'the English' is at least partly the same? I personally think it stinks of independence politics. They've taken this opportunity to differentiate themselves as usual. Not 100% sure how their fiscal funding works but I wouldn't be surprised if it puts them in a privileged position whereby they can wreck their local economy at our economic and political expense.

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

That says as much about the electorate as it does the elected mate 

Does stuff like that and all the folks who don't want to face the facts not just make a little part of you want to let the pandemic go so at the end you can see the confused look on their faces as they have to face up to their own BS?

I'd be a terrible politician for that reason. Only thing that weighs against my total unreasonable-ness is hearing the painful stories from folks like AT.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I think he’s right. If you are going to shut down an area give them the support they need. Plenty of money went to their mates for a track & trace system which ain’t working well.

I agree with that but don’t you think that it’s a sad reflection of where we are at as a “nation” (we ain’t !) that we are having to give hundreds of millions to councils to do what needs doing to protect the nation ? 
(obviously forgetting the argument of if we feel it needs protected or not) 

Can you imagine WW2:

Churchill: “Excuse me Coventry, would you implement a black out please” 

Coventry: “only if you give us 100 million quid !” 

Churchill: “But other places are doing it”

Coventry: “So f***ing what you Tory c**t !” 
lol 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

I agree, but I don't think the Mayor should set the figure and assume his area is worth more than the others.

To me, its party politics, pure and simple.

Also I go by the old saying " to many cooks spoil the broth.", we voted the government in they should be allowed to govern, but they are making a right mess of it bartering and arguing with a local mayor ! If every mayor made the decisions for their area we wouldn't have a clue what was going on, and they would all demand more money and concessions than their neighbors to show that they " really cared" for THEIR people.

Politicians bumble along during normal times, but when things get abnormal, they are quickly found out not to be as clever as they think they are !

Cheers.

• Like 2

It's all party political. 

From the beginning the tories should have put together a committee to oversee the pandemic response, made up of English, Irish and Welsh leaders. Tory, Labour, snp and whoever the sheep shaggers have representing them. At least then the jocks and liebour couldn't have used this for political gain 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

At least the track and trace is trying to save lives, although I have absolutely no faith in it.

What a coincidence that track and trace is costing almost exactly the same, £12 billion, that we give in foreign aid, and the amount we are still giving to the EU. 

I would have declared a halt to both of them until we get the pandemic under control.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1