Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

4 hours ago, Francie said:

Shall we bring one in for the flu to Steve?. 

So give people an small buisnesses, harsher punishment than paedos for not wearing a mask? Cmon man

It’s a good point about particularly bad years of flu that kill the elderly & vulnerable. Maybe this has set a precedent & in future we will be far more careful or maybe restricted during bad flu years?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I understand what you’re saying mate, I really do. I’ll happily wear a mask (I have to anyway) to avoid shutting stuff down, but unfortunately here they’ve just proven there’s no correlation between wearing masks & not shutting stuff down!

That’s without getting into types of masks........you seen many people with the N95 masks on that actually work? I think I can count the ones I’ve seen on one hand. Any old face covering will do as long as the rules are followed.

What about a conversation on the immune system & personal physical condition?

I might be sceptical about the measures being taken, but that don’t mean I’m not taking this virus serious enough to do all I can to boost mine & my family’s immune system going into winter. I feel encouraging people to do this is sadly lacking in the conversation & way too much faith put into a bit of cloth over your face IMO. That may sound selfish, but I can’t remember a time when we were collectively asked to feel selfish/guilty about spreading the flu that can also kill the elderly & vulnerable? Maybe we will in future though?

According to Dr Mike Yeadon, 2020 so far is coming out as 8th worst years for mortality rates out of the last 27 years In the U.K. But of course the year is not over yet, so make of that what you will.....

Hopefully in the new year there will be even more studies & information to go on to see what approaches are actually working or not ?

I hear you loud and clear on the immune system thing mate, we have thought about this all the way through and obviously living on a farm it’s pretty easy because we are exposed to germs all the time but you also need that bit of every day amongst the human race type exposure too ?

My point really is that I watched the protest in Trafalgar Square and if they are saying “I have rights and freedoms away from big brother” I agree, I’m 100% behind them......but here’s the thing, I also know that if I said “while we are here let’s deal with hate speech law and suppression of literature” They probably wouldn’t !

And here’s the thing, freedom and rights isn’t a pick and mix, it’s all or nothing......the price of my freedoms are your freedoms and vice versa.

We have become legislation junkies, we can’t move without it and most of the time we don’t give a shit because it’s affecting someone else.......but not any more.

I’ll stand beside anyone that willing to stand beside me but most people wouldn’t, if Covid ended tomorrow they would go right back to doing whatever they were doing and forget all about “rights and freedoms” 

Fact is, I’m just giving a wry smile most of the time watching people even bring the subject of rights and freedoms up.

I saw Max mention in another post that 26,000 extra people had died and I sympathise that he may find that concerning......but if I say “I’m worried that white Europeans are being wiped out” I’m called a nasty name, I shouldn’t be concerned about that.

So here is the question, should we concerned about people being wiped out or not and should we be concerned about government imposing stupid rules that effect people’s lives negatively ? 

If the answers yes then good, I’m right behind you......just don’t forget to get behind me when the time comes ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I hear you loud and clear on the immune system thing mate, we have thought about this all the way through and obviously living on a farm it’s pretty easy because we are exposed to germs all the time but you also need that bit of every day amongst the human race type exposure too ?

My point really is that I watched the protest in Trafalgar Square and if they are saying “I have rights and freedoms away from big brother” I agree, I’m 100% behind them......but here’s the thing, I also know that if I said “while we are here let’s deal with hate speech law and suppression of literature” They probably wouldn’t !

And here’s the thing, freedom and rights isn’t a pick and mix, it’s all or nothing......the price of my freedoms are your freedoms and vice versa.

We have become legislation junkies, we can’t move without it and most of the time we don’t give a shit because it’s affecting someone else.......but not any more.

I’ll stand beside anyone that willing to stand beside me but most people wouldn’t, if Covid ended tomorrow they would go right back to doing whatever they were doing and forget all about “rights and freedoms” 

Fact is, I’m just giving a wry smile most of the time watching people even bring the subject of rights and freedoms up.

I saw Max mention in another post that 26,000 extra people had died and I sympathise that he may find that concerning......but if I say “I’m worried that white Europeans are being wiped out” I’m called a nasty name, I shouldn’t be concerned about that.

So here is the question, should we concerned about people being wiped out or not and should we be concerned about government imposing stupid rules that effect people’s lives negatively ? 

If the answers yes then good, I’m right behind you......just don’t forget to get behind me when the time comes ;) 

To be honest mate when it comes to masks I’m not that concerned with the ‘infringement of liberties’ more the validity behind there use. Also the contradictory nature of rules, but I don’t really blame governments for that, it’s public demand apparently & what could be more contradictory than shutting one section of society down while leaving another open?

I don’t know what it’s like in the U.K. , but before hospitality just got got shut down here, the terraces outside the cafes/restaurants were filled with the elderly enjoying the sun mask free, while I’m supposed to mask up as I walk past them! Excuse the cynicism, but what else am I supposed to do to help? 

but yeah, I get your point ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

To be honest mate when it comes to masks I’m not that concerned with the ‘infringement of liberties’ more the validity behind there use. Also the contradictory nature of rules, but I don’t really blame governments for that, it’s public demand apparently & what could be more contradictory than shutting one section of society down while leaving another open?

I don’t know what it’s like in the U.K. , but before hospitality just got got shut down here, the terraces outside the cafes/restaurants were filled with the elderly enjoying the sun mask free, while I’m supposed to mask up as I walk past them! Excuse the cynicism, but what else am I supposed to do to help? 

but yeah, I get your point ?

I just read that Belgium is copping it bad and I totally agree about government mixed messages.

You can’t legislate people to stay home unless you legislate for their landlord or mortgage company to not chuck them out.

You can’t close someone’s business and then send them a council tax bill

It’s bollocks that you can’t meet anyone but your kids can all go to school with 600 other kids 

They don’t know how to stop this monster they have created and they have pissed everyone’s money away so the cupboard is bare......they are making it up as they go along 

What are WE going to do about it going forward ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

26k more deaths between March - Sep but only 3% of those Covid

Other 97% due to no services or folk scared whitless of hospitals due to Covid nonsense .

But we agree that people dying off matters, right ? 

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

Anyone decent dying matters.

So steps should be taken to prevent large groups of people being wiped out then ? 

Do the people dying from lack of hospital treatment matter more than the indigenous population of Europe ? 

12 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I'm more concerned about the now and what's going down re the C19 nonsense 

If you want to talk about your worries re Europe start a thread ?

I’m talking about the “now” as well......but hey, I knew how this would go anyway but it was just fun to double check ?

Double standards in the government ?.......you and about a million others ain’t doing a bad job yourselves?

How about we take you seriously when you start taking yourselves seriously ?

Chin, chin.......kismet Hardie ;) 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Covid nothing to do with immigration .

And as our thoughts on innigration are so far apart it's a pointless discussion .

One thing I will state' your European 100% white power europia is a pipe dream .

It ain't happening .

Id sooner concentrate of shipping out the scum no matter what their colour and keeping the decent  folk mattless of colour .

I’m not trying to turn it into a “race” diatribe either, what I’m saying that all the people crying about people getting wiped out and government f***ing them over are mostly a load of hypocritical fuckwits.

Blokes like me have been trying to tell people like you for years about our government allowing us to be wiped out and taking away our freedoms and quality of life with their policys but you didn’t want to listen........so the question is, why then should anyone give a shit about your concerns and worries now? 

Now it’s affecting people like you it’s a big deal ?........Reap what you sow, but if you want to get on board when all this is over then I’m right behind you now  ;) 

• Like 3

Anyone think track & trace should be used beyond hospitality?

The biggest venue in the country here has 1000s of people passing through its doors on a daily basis unchecked. Apparently it’s far too dangerous to go see a band, but picking up cheap flat pack furniture en masse has little risk ?

• Haha 1