Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

my dear chap, I distrust authority as much as is sensible, having been brought up on a council estate with a police record before I left school, but i moved on in life and rather than have a blanket over my brain I use consideration of things like prior plausibility along with good old common sense to judge my decisions plus where possible look for and share evidence, that's just common sense to me.

What is it that triggers you with the original post that you replied to so childishly? Is it that you are racist and don’t like the suggestion that you are  less intelligent or that you are less intelligent and dislike being lumped in with racists???

Is calling the racist “stupid” good enough though mate ?

Wouldn't dialogue and an acceptance that they may have genuine concerns be better ?

Name calling is killing debate and that’s making things worse.....imho of course but then again what do I know, I’m just a thick as shit racist ?

• Haha 3
23 minutes ago, WILF said:

Is calling the racist “stupid” good enough though mate ?

Wouldn't dialogue and an acceptance that they may have genuine concerns be better ?

Name calling is killing debate and that’s making things worse.....imho of course but then again what do I know, I’m just a thick as shit racist ?

I'm just posting a study and get a childish reply so replied..

As to do I personally feel racist in general are less well educated, well yes it would appear that is so and how we answer that? Surly that is simple we must give everyone a better education, if people can't read so distrust books do we blame the books or do we teach people to read.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
15 minutes ago, sandymere said:

As to do I personally feel racist in general are less well educated, well yes it would appear that is so and how we answer that? Surly that is simple we must give everyone a better education, if people can't read so distrust books do we blame the books or do we teach people to read.

The study that shows different IQ levels in different races ,was itself called racist ,the people ( intellectuals btw ) who wanted to talk  about it were labelled racists ,the people who worked on the study were hounded out of academia ,it is still considered racist to bring it up ,how are we to have a sensible talk about things ,address people's concerns nd maybe get somewhere when the goal posts keep moving ,when only research to support the neo Marxist narrative is allowed ..open honest debate will hurt  feelings ,prick egos and challenge the prevailing mood ,..the truth is out there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

my dear chap, I distrust authority as much as is sensible, having been brought up on a council estate with a police record before I left school, but i moved on in life and rather than have a blanket over my brain I use consideration of things like prior plausibility along with good old common sense to judge my decisions plus where possible look for and share evidence, that's just common sense to me.

What is it that triggers you with the original post that you replied to so childishly? Is it that you are racist and don’t like the suggestion that you are  less intelligent or that you are less intelligent and dislike being lumped in with racists???

I think after trying to reply to several different points you have tried to make, you have played another typical lefty tactic now by branding me a racist or stupid, I guess the next step will be to call me passive aggressive, I think wilf has hit the nail on the head, your left wing ideology just shuts down and stifles debate or conversation, as long as you can keep trying to drive your agenda forward sad really but I will now desist from trying to reply to you

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I just find it distinctly odd that you're so dismissive about intelligence and intellect ,  basic education is necessary of course , but ive met reasonable and logical and very capable folk who couldn't read as adults. Obviously that's an extreme example but I've never been academic myself but would like to think I'm intelligent, missus got a master's degree and does some daft shite it's not all about education....

For sandy...

Spot on, my best mate is a poor reader and writer but has one of the most logical problem solving brains imaginable.

I'm fairly intellectual and academic, all 4 of me and my siblings are, but we all have a distinct lack of common sense and if it wasn't for 'street smarts' I would have undoubtedly killed myself by now

• Haha 4

So, resorting to "reductio ad absurdum", I get the feeling we are being told ; Right Wing = stupid.....Left Wing = clever.

Although, being right wing myself , I might be to stupid to understand what I'm reading.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Personally, long may the name calling continue......it’s massively starting to backfire, hell, it even got the most powerful man in the world elected against all odds last time.

Whats not to like ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy.

He was one of the finest political minds of his age.

Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is it ? 

Enoch Powell was educated at Trinity College Cambridge and again, one of the finest political minds of his age

I could go on and on with various example of what we regards as racists who have the very highest of education.

You theory and whoever paid for the “study” in your examples agenda don’t really hold water in that regard.

You get thick racists and clever racists, you get thick Marxists and clever Marxists, you get thick liberals......well, you see where I’m going with that.

You probably don’t hold the same convictions as me on a whole rage of issues but I don’t think your thick because your convictions are different to mine....they are just different.

No, in a sane, normal reality we take these convictions on board, we make a case for ours and listen to theirs, we convince or challenge and it’s out in the open and each party feels listened too.....then there’s no build up of anger.

We remember the other blokes opinion and possibly make allowances in our choices, or (if we are politicians) our policy decisions.

What we don’t do is just call the other bloke a nasty name until he shuts up, go,s away and sits there getting more angry and frustrated believing we have “cured” the problem......we haven’t ! 
To do that is......well, a bit thick really ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

FB_IMG_1603384455404.jpg.e47afeb3d5a3e1106ad5a9368c8e1108.jpg

Can anyone explain why feeding children is promoting state dependency whilst subsidising corporations, furloughing middle class wages and letting MPs claim massive expenses isn't encouraging state dependency. Why should working class children be the ones sacrificed? ??

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

FB_IMG_1603384455404.jpg.e47afeb3d5a3e1106ad5a9368c8e1108.jpg

Can anyone explain why feeding children is promoting state dependency whilst subsidising corporations, furloughing middle class wages and letting MPs claim massive expenses isn't encouraging state dependency. Why should working class children be the ones sacrificed? ??

Well obviously, it isn’t !......you know what it is, it’s jobs for the boys and look after your pals at the expense of the people.......what’s new?

That carry on has no party affiliation mate, that happens across the board as you well know.......

3 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I agree we should provide food for the poorest children in society .

Also think such a wealthy country shouldn't have so many people reliant on food banks....

THERE ! .......there is the crux of the question, Why are people in a country as rich as the UK having to use food banks and need subsidised food to stave off hunger ?

Thats sick !.......and you can’t just say “well, bad old Tory “ ! That’s just weak......this didn’t happen in 10 years......this is the sum result of years of different administration.

• Like 4