Coronavirus

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Never mind Coronavirus a school in Coventry has closed today as pupils have been diagnosed with Typhoid !.......f****n Typhoid ?...the wonders of mass immigration we are literally being dragged down into the swamps !!!

Wtf.. we got rid of that years ago!

My ex is a paediatric nurse.. years ago she was telling me that kids were coming in from the travelling community, with Turbercolsis ffs

No iron lungs or sanatorium these days.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, timmytree said:

New cases of tuberculosis (TB) in England have fallen to the lowest levels since records began in 1960. The new data published by Public Health England (PHE) comes ahead of World TB Day on Sunday March 24 2019.

Following action by PHE, the NHS and others, there was a 44% drop in new diagnoses from the peak in 2011 to 2018 (from 8,280 to 4,672), with an 8.4% fall in diagnoses between 2017 and 2018 alone.

PHE is working towards the World Health Organisation (WHO) goal to halve TB incidence by 2025, and ultimately eliminate the disease.

TB is an infectious disease that usually affects the lungs. The most common symptoms of TB are a persistent cough for more than 3 weeks, unexplained weight loss, fever and night sweats. Although TB can be fatal if left untreated, it is curable for the majority with a course of antibiotics.

While huge strides have been made to reduce TB rates, further work needs to be done to eliminate the disease in England. The most deprived 10% of the population have a rate of TB more than 7 times higher than the least deprived 10%, and people born outside the UK have a rate 13 times higher than people born in the UK. People, especially those from these communities, should be aware of the symptoms and make sure they visit their GP if they are concerned.

Deprived my arse! They just never got their kids the vaccinated. Parents fault! All primary vaccinations are free in Blighty. 

To add; I was with this lady over 12 years ago.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, timmytree said:

I agree with you , same reason we are seeing measles, mumps and rubella making a comeback.

I'm trying to find a report I read recently about a strain of TB that came to the UK with illegal immigrants, apparently it is resistant to all the normal antibiotics.

I read something about that too, not long ago actually. But it's been rampant in the traveller community for decades.

Edited by mushroom

I walked out my job yesterday due to my boss or the money man behind the build as it is coming back from northern Italy and coming onto the site,i stopped him from fully entering the bit i was working in and told him he shouldn't be here and now he is on the site  i'm going home.i'm off to see my mum this coming weekend for her 80th birthday and she only just made it through phumonia this winter and feck if i'm taking a risk where she is concerned,so he has to wait till next week when iv'e seen her and if he wants the job finishing or he finds another ground working crew which he won't  i'll go back in...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The good news is kids don’t seem to be effected seriously, which is my real only concern.

My Mrs works in a highly transient environment, people coming & going from all over Europe....... the girl she shares her office with only come back from Venice a few weeks ago! So maybe it’s only a matter of time? ?

1 hour ago, fireman said:

I walked out my job yesterday due to my boss or the money man behind the build as it is coming back from northern Italy and coming onto the site,i stopped him from fully entering the bit i was working in and told him he shouldn't be here and now he is on the site  i'm going home.i'm off to see my mum this coming weekend for her 80th birthday and she only just made it through phumonia this winter and feck if i'm taking a risk where she is concerned,so he has to wait till next week when iv'e seen her and if he wants the job finishing or he finds another ground working crew which he won't  i'll go back in...

I thought anybody coming in or back from Italy is suppose to self isolate.

Cheers Arry

Modern life has to stop for a couple of weeks and everyone is in meltdown.

I just think, don’t be a dick, stay at home, chill out and let the world try and get a handle on this thing......people may be pleasantly surprised how medicinal it is not rushing around like a headless chicken powering “the economy” ! 

Nature is a funny old thing huh?....it always finds a way to put things right.

Imho it a stark display of why we should not be living on a globalised scale, packing humans into new estates reliant on “out of town shopping” and “super-stores”.

Small (almost subsistance) communities like mine are just business as usual, my old area is in full scale panic but mode.

Difference is, I can walk 50 yards down the road and buy food straight off the field and so can everyone else......you can’t do that if you rely on TESCO to survive ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
14 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

The good news is kids don’t seem to be effected seriously, which is my real only concern.

:yes:

There are two sources that provide age, sex, and comorbidity statistics:

The Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission published on Feb. 28 by WHO, [2] which is based on 55,924 laboratory confirmed cases. The report notes that "The Joint Mission acknowledges the known challenges and biases of reporting crude CFR early in an epidemic" (see also our discussion on: How to calculate the mortality rate during an outbreak)

A paper by the Chinese CCDC released on Feb. 17, which is based on 72,314 confirmed, suspected, and asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in China as of Feb. 11, and was published in the Chinese Journal of Epidemiology [1]

COVID-19 stats.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Mines the same civil service, had people in from Malaysia etc none are self isolating, government must want it here no question. Staff just told they will get full pay most of her colleagues are around pension age, disgusting performance but obviously trying to balance economic and health is all I can guess, or they've no coffers in the pension fund....

The first signs of precaution came yesterday....... they closed the European council gym. My mrs was really pissed off! ?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I'm guessing you have capital or no mortgage or rent to pay, lots of folk are hand to mouth, myself included...

Ahh, that’s a different problem mate but one that could easily be sorted if governments just told all mortgage, utility, councils and landlords to suspended payments for two weeks or a month.....sorted and f**k me, they can afford it.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, WILF said:

Modern life has to stop for a couple of weeks and everyone is in meltdown.

I just think, don’t be a dick, stay at home, chill out and let the world try and get a handle on this thing......people may be pleasantly surprised how medicinal it is not rushing around like a headless chicken powering “the economy” ! 

Nature is a funny old thing huh?....it always finds a way to put things right.

Imho it a stark display of why we should not be living on a globalised scale, packing humans into new estates reliant on “out of town shopping” and “super-stores”.

Small (almost subsistance) communities like mine are just business as usual, my old area is in full scale panic but mode.

Difference is, I can walk 50 yards down the road and buy food straight off the field and so can everyone else......you can’t do that if you rely on TESCO to survive ! 

As crazy as it sounds it's the same where I live.... I can walk down to the river, where all the fields are and buy produce direct from the field. Cheap as chips. Meat comes from a butchers and is all farmed locally. Yet go into Barcelona and everyone is having a meltdown. Was out on the pish weekend past and it was dead. Normally at this time of year, it's full of Yanks.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I told the missus if it really went down both couldn't work I'm self employed I'd just ring landlord and tell him we're staying put rent free and can sort it out afterwards. But yep, bills keep on coming lol. 

They have just cancelled all the paddy’s day parades over here and the government have changed to rules so that if anyone including self employed need to be off work they get €300 a week from day one.....not a fortune but it’s something.

Also, the state don’t bully you for the tiny amount of “council tax” you do pay.....in fact many don’t bother to pay anyway ! Lol 

• Like 1

Just shows how fragile our “two people HAVE to work”, Max out the credit card, 35 year mortgage, amazon deliver in 2 hours World is dont it.......I wonder if anyone will take stock ? 

• Like 3