Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BenBhoy

Lead ban

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, timmytree said:

If you actually take in what I'm saying, you may understand that it's voluntary, you as an individual don't have to change anything if you don't want. Shoot whatever you like with whatever load you want. I'm just trying to explain that all the orgs that support shooting are suggesting we look at changing our ways. It's not law so don't get upset. You have 4 or 5 years to think about it.

Im getting upset because these orgs are paid by their members to represent them and their activities.  These orgs have taken it on themselves to sell those interests down the river without even questioning this.  All this so called evidence isn't even looked at.  The total nonse of it all is that if I shoot a pheasant flying over a river with lead that's ok.  But if I  shoot a duck flying over the middle of a 20 acre ploughed field with lead  then I've broken the law.  The fact that lead has been used for hundreds of years and is far more effective at dropping game and not wounding it doesn't even come in the frame. How dare the orgs claim to call for anything.  Their acting like the labour party did before the election.  Red rag to bull.

Still if the virus takes hold it might thin some of the world population out and things like this will become a non event.  If it got hold on that cruise ship just wait until it gets into some of these refugee camps with 60,000 people crammed into a postage stamp. It's getting bad out in northern Italy so there might be problems in getting any alternatives.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

Well at the moment it's voluntary, maybe there will be an exception for older weapons since the game shot with them is unlikely to end up in the commercial food chain, neither will they be shooting the hundreds of tons of pellets that modern shotguns use. Maybe if the wildfowlers had stuck by the law on lead shot we wouldn't be facing this now? I read earlier that 70% of ducks in this country are still shot using lead. The law hasn't been enforced and shooters have ignored it so now there's a crackdown.

Wildfowlers  have stuck to the ban on lead religiously. So much so that any member having a lead cartridge with him on a marsh will automatically be excluded from the club.

No the ducks shot with lead are from syndicates and pay per day type duck shoots. Wildfowlers are squeeky clean on this.

The ban is voluntary for now but the shooting orgs are asking mp's to draft legislation to ban it in law. 

Oh and the factory built with EU money is in Spain not Italy.

Edited by ianm

Share this post


Link to post

Sod it all the keyboard has melted.  I'm off to do some paperwork and watch some porn.  Before they ban that.  Doing the paperwork late at night that is.

Edit.......  Be kind

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ianm said:

Wildfowlers  have stuck to the ban on lead religiously. So much so that any member having a lead cartridge with him on a marsh will automatically be excluded from the club.

No the ducks shot with lead are from syndicates and pay per day type duck shoots. Wildfowlers are squeeky clean on this.

The ban is voluntary for now but the shooting orgs are asking mp's to draft legislation to ban it in law. 

Oh and the factory built with EU money is in Spain not Italy.

You are correct, my apologies, so at the moment they won't be stopped by coronavirus.

Regardless of which individuals shoot ducks, 70% of those inspected were shot with lead. Syndicates and day shoots should have been stamped on then because that kind of irresponsibility doesn't do the rest of us any favours.

It's the same as people that drive without insurance, the rest of us end up paying for it.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, timmytree said:

You are correct, my apologies, so at the moment they won't be stopped by coronavirus.

Regardless of which individuals shoot ducks, 70% of those inspected were shot with lead. Syndicates and day shoots should have been stamped on then because that kind of irresponsibility doesn't do the rest of us any favours.

It's the same as people that drive without insurance, the rest of us end up paying for it.

No it's not "regardless of which individuals shoot ducks" you specifically blamed wildfowlers for it and they are certainly not the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ianm said:

No it's not "regardless of which individuals shoot ducks" you specifically blamed wildfowlers for it and they are certainly not the problem.

I would say that anyone who shoots wildfowl is a wildfowler. I shoot rabbits, does that make me a molecatcher?

If anyone shoots ducks with lead they are breaking the law. I think we can agree on that?

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, timmytree said:

I would say that anyone who shoots wildfowl is a wildfowler. I shoot rabbits, does that make me a molecatcher?

If anyone shoots ducks with lead they are breaking the law. I think we can agree on that?

No a wildfowler is specific to shooting on marshes and foreshore.

People shooting ducks off ponds etc are not wildfowlers.

Yes shooting ducks with lead is breaking the law. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ianm said:

No a wildfowler is specific to shooting on marshes and foreshore.

People shooting ducks off ponds etc are not wildfowlers.

Yes shooting ducks with lead is breaking the law. 

lets call them duckshooters then? 

Either way, we're all confronted with the same problem. Some people break the law and end up screwing it up for everyone. Dunblane and Hungerford ring a bell? Knives restricted because of idiots and criminals. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, timmytree said:

lets call them duckshooters then? 

Either way, we're all confronted with the same problem. Some people break the law and end up screwing it up for everyone. Dunblane and Hungerford ring a bell? Knives restricted because of idiots and criminals. 

 

Yeah, like how handgun crime went up after the ban, knife crime has gone up not down after dumb laws. Banning lead has not necessarily stopped duck shooters using it....ring any bells!

Yeah, banning stuff just makes more crims, it does not necessarily remove the problem.

And Hamilton of Dunblane has nothing to do with this issue.

He worked on the chief constable to get his ticket via the free masons after most his local pistol clubs turned his membership down after the probation period. He had to travel miles to a club that finally was cooled by him.

The chief constable had 70 recommendations to revoke his license but chose to do nothing. It was a total system failure, a system quite adequate at preventing arses obtaining firearms was screwed by the very one in charge of it!

Again, Ryan could of been stopped sooner than later but the chief constable at the time refused to give the one(!) firearms officer permission to use his firearm to stop the murdering.

In both cases the police actually aided the bloodbaths!

But we pay for their mistakes....and some want us to bow to them! 🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Totally agree ,BASC ,boys association for Salmon and claret proposed this and got it accepted ,mm anyone asked to vote on it thought not.Basc say pay more and get a 10 year licence oh dear sorry we lied .

Basc come up with a crackpot scheme where doctors know you have firearms and so do all their staff and it wont cost a bean ,oh damn we all know how that went ,que the Chief constables rubbing their hands with glee another hoop for these pesky gun owners to jump through.And surprise the 120k a year G,P,s decide to charge an arm and a leg to say yes nowts happened since his last renewal or just say we object sod off we aint signing anything .

A little word of advise for BASC ,when no one can afford to shoot tungsten bismuth cheese cartridges or afford G,P,s charges do you think you,l have any members to pay subs or do you think the gravy train might be in the bottom of the ravine mm .

I voted with my feet last year as did  few dozen of my compardres , i do think the tap has been opened and you,l see a flood of ex BASC members 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, terryd said:

The ban will only apply to shotguns.
They need to get exporting this stuff over here.

 

as for the old guns standard steel and bismouth I guess. Got few years yet so not an immediate worry.

You can get Hevi shot over here. I have some. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, BGA said:

You can get Hevi shot over here. I have some. 

Yes you can. I was trying to avoid remortgaging my house though!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Yes you can. I was trying to avoid remortgaging my house though!

You could sell a kidney?

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, terryd said:

The ban will only apply to shotguns.
They need to get exporting this stuff over here.

 

as for the old guns standard steel and bismouth I guess. Got few years yet so not an immediate worry.

 

Really, are you actually a shooter or anti who's joined to put your point across? Have you seen the prices?

In the US, 12 gauge no:6 pheasant rounds - $42.95 for 10 rounds and that's at a discount store!

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/brands/h/hevi-shot/

For a 25 round UK equivalent box, ignoring any slight variation as UK / US prices are usually pretty much on par these days, that's £107.38 per 25 round box.

Or £4,295.20 per 1,000.

Are you going to pay nearly £5,000 for a day on the pigeon at your local farm? That would buy you a small 2nd hand car.

For comparison, you can buy 1,000 pigeon cartridges for £250, making Hevi 20 times more expensive.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah but you wouldn't use hevi shot for pigeons you could just use standard steel. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...