3/8 5/8s bull x

18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Maybe your gathering wrong, he said feed an  condition it property an it will be a diff dog, always folkon here bashing the halfx but without it you’d wouldn’t have your your bullxs ?

Very true and I'm not bashing ote all I'm saying is they need 2 be have reasonable speed apart from 1 thing but I can keep up wi them on me spiderman scooter 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 58/38 brother to kings dog 25inch 26kg been a good dog for me 

Just picked up this pup that would probably amount to 3/8 5/8 , nice friendly pup and off very good stuff. 12 weeks old

3/8 5/8 bull grey 27" he does what ever I've asked of him. Marks 100% excellent temperament. A pleasure to own.very laid back but switched on once out of the house. I should of taken th

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Well if you can keep up with them, you got the wrong dogs ? cull em an start again, or add greyhound to a dog that can’t graft cos it can’t catch so how do you know it can work? ? not all half’s are big fat cloddy things an folk would know that if they wasn’t happy living with big fat cloddy things ? bullx ain’t my cup a tea but look around you, there’s guys out there doing it, so it can be done ?

Not the dogs I can keep up with u Norris ?a certain quarry

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Boss-Hog said:

seem like  2 best athletes in dog world and people talk shit about to heavy ,sort diet out first speed will come u seem to all forget and try make a science out of it all 

Were did I say to heavy I said heavy meaning thick set and I didn't mention speed but seeing as you mention it a 3/4 is as good a rounder as any but can lack wind a half cross is more than a one trick pony but can lose ground on stuff spinning I have seen them take all manner of quarry  if you remember back lads starting breeding theses monster things just for size most not fit for purpose or breeding of untested dogs just because like you say they had the blood  or doing reverse mating more bull less grey as you say why try and fix things in the 80s / 90s I knew of three very good dogs that were producing very good dogs to selected bitchs then they were put on open stud like a lot of things money was the reason if you look back then the bulls used were of a far better breeding than a lot not all that are being used today like I say it falling out of fashion as done it a favour but there is still some very good dogs out there 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
On 01/03/2020 at 18:36, Blackmag said:

The brindle bitch was the one that caught my eye but there all a credit to the lad 

Me too....

And agreed..

All in great condition..

• Like 2
On 01/03/2020 at 23:58, SheepChaser said:

Depends what your game is. Plenty hard worked bull x dogs out there that dont look smashed up.

Bang on mate....

It's not all about teeth....they arent 1 dimensional and one that can run a bit is an extremely handy thing indeed..

• Like 1
On 02/03/2020 at 21:22, SheepChaser said:

Fair point!

I meant two things by it. 

Some dogs, by colour and marking etc, just dont show scars as much. And it depends on the exact game, if you know what I mean.

Also, not all Bull x were used heavily as vermin dogs. Pre ban, i'm sure there were lads running a lot of big edible quarry with bull blooded dogs. Which was more what I was thinking about here.

I jumped in with my post too early...

Again spot on...

On 04/03/2020 at 20:42, dogmandont said:

Seen dogs not change grip from first contact and just stand there with their tails wagging gettin chewed on. But they must be good because they’re marked up. Lol. 

They look hard though... lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Maybe your gathering wrong, he said feed an  condition it property an it will be a diff dog, always folkon here bashing the halfx but without it you’d wouldn’t have your your bullxs ?

Probably the best dog I've seen work was/is a bull/grey a bit heavy looking, but by f**k could it catch.... take hares out and keep.everything else in and it would do.the lot very well....this dog is probably 11 or so now and is still having a go at things... perhaps a one off but changed my views on the breed, I'd not seen a proper one before....

The bloke who owns it is never in the house and his dogs are worked very hard...hes a proper dog man, and he says this was his dog of a lifetime... 

Itll never be a speed machine, but if he could carbon copy he would in a heart beat!!

• Like 4