3/8 5/8s bull x

8 hours ago, MickC said:

It does’nt matter how clever,how quick or how good a dog is at finishing stuff,a tired dog gets sloppy simple as that. We have all seen dogs stand there and happy to just take needless stick but even the sensible ones with a nack for finishing get marked up on a hard night .

to true.have a bitch that is a very efficient dog to dispatch will strike anywhere once she has control she will move to throat.doesent allways play out that way when she comes against a strong fox will take a good bit of stick to get the job done.same thing when tired usually take a bit of stick as there after losing a bit of power strenght.i would have ? marks about any dog thats a fox dog thats clean if there single handed doing 30+ foxes a season they will get stick.

• Like 3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 58/38 brother to kings dog 25inch 26kg been a good dog for me 

Just picked up this pup that would probably amount to 3/8 5/8 , nice friendly pup and off very good stuff. 12 weeks old

3/8 5/8 bull grey 27" he does what ever I've asked of him. Marks 100% excellent temperament. A pleasure to own.very laid back but switched on once out of the house. I should of taken th

Posted Images

Is there such a thing as that cross in reality ? 

A half cross can do everything this can , but a three quarter is faster ?

so in theory , you get a less solid dog but fast ?? 

What if it throws heavy though ? 

Or racy ? 

Surely it’s just a bull cross ? 

• Like 2

Both have there pluses and negative points but a decent 5/8th is the best of both worlds depending on your work load or what you need in just glad a lot have moved over to the latest must have cross and left the lads that truly test them to crack on 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You seem to know a bit about the type b m , I just think it’s strange that breaking lurchers into fractions seems to be important in the whole bull cross world . 

Would you say the 3/8 is a defined type ? 

No definitely not some throw racy some throw heavy I think it's like some of the collie lads regarding fractions Hancock breeding  being a example some prefer a certain mix a 5/8 was my own personal preference but I have seen and owned good and bad in them all like any other cross they all have there faults sometimes it's more the lad behind the lamp than the dog itself impatience is normally behind a cull 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Boss-Hog said:

seem like  2 best athletes in dog world and people talk shit about to heavy ,sort diet out first speed will come u seem to all forget and try make a science out of it all 

I agree with sort the diet out but speed???.

You cant put in what nature left out. 

The dog will get faster with the correct diet but fast enough am not do sure. 

Alot of bull x I have seen seem to have the speed in a straight line but after a couple of turns the quarry is well on it's way to freedom. 

Not knocking the "x" I keep them myself they are hard to beat when you have a good one. But there is alot of shite out there 

• Like 3