3/8 5/8s bull x

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 58/38 brother to kings dog 25inch 26kg been a good dog for me 

Just picked up this pup that would probably amount to 3/8 5/8 , nice friendly pup and off very good stuff. 12 weeks old

3/8 5/8 bull grey 27" he does what ever I've asked of him. Marks 100% excellent temperament. A pleasure to own.very laid back but switched on once out of the house. I should of taken th

Posted Images

I've owned and quite a few of this breeding good dogs if bred right some people claim there 3/8 5/8s then you track back through breeding and there more halfxs I had a genuine dog called Tom got hit by a card game as they come mom was coursing greyhound bitch to a farmer boy dog father was a well know 3/4 dog he was what I called a genuine 3/8 5/8 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some dogs are bred 3/8 5/8 through generation breeding I think this is when you start getting the heavier type dogs that Tom I had was not as light as a 3/4 but he was lighter framed then a half x i bred a 3/8 5/8 bitch years ago I said she was 3/8 5/8 but looking back she wasn't a genuine 1 her dad was half x her mom was a bitch I had she did have some whippet in there and also staff so who knows still an alrite bitch could put meat on the table did 1 thing wrong for me stuck in my head and at the time had a few things going on so I got her a new home unfortunately she got killed hit a tree 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, slip-em quick said:

Genuine bred 3/8 5/8 litters seem to be very thin on the ground these days,as you don't see many advertised?...do we think this is down to a closed nit society,where all pups are spoken for or is it they've fallen out of favor and not much call for them these days??

There about just finding the right stuff same as anything my advice to any 1 would be if your gonna source a pup make sure you know the parents I.e are they doing the job that's suited for you and make sure it's 100% whst you want me personally I'd try and source a decent half x or 3/4 then at least that could be your platform for your next move 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, slip-em quick said:

All strong fit dogs...am i right in thinking these dogs pre ban,would have tackled the job lot???

It's like anything mate horses for courses depends the style of hunting you want or do and what you want to get out of the dog