Lurcher rescue centres

7 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Dumped, seen plenty of saluki types been left an dumped rescues get them an then poor things are rehomed to be walked on a harness or with a muzzle on. Never allowed to exercise freely. 

Nothing more sad than a rescue running dog.

Spending the rest of its life muzzeld and harnessed. Fecking rescue up the road from me, full of anti-pricks, who walk these poor lurchers around the local farm tracks, poor feckers will never run free again...

Breaks my fecking heart

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks bit the bullet and pick up a pup in a little under a fortnight. Kids picked the name Jess     

A lad I used to knock about with had was registered as a “dog walker “ for a local refuge...he only walked lurchers and the staff loved him as sometimes those dogs slept very very well when they were 

Can't beat the bull type dog I've kept them all my life pic of my dog I had his grandmother his great grandfather is a dog called baldbull black jack  Theres Few old pics here one of a great old time

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

It does Tank... She was probably i'd guess, at about14 months old when they got her. Not bad nick either, she can be quite giddy and vocal playing in their large garden but other than that, perfect to start.

As with most Saluki crosses 'longer runs' are her fortè and she has opened the eyes of the young couple that own her. Gonna get them out for a shine in a few months too ?

Sounds like bitch has landed in good home an going see a bit to ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Spending the rest of its life muzzeld and harnessed. Fecking rescue up the road from me, full of anti-pricks, who walk these poor lurchers around the local farm tracks, poor feckers will never run free again...

Breaks my fecking heart

Very true never let out of the harness ever in case it don't come back most on um not got a clue its sad

• Like 2

Met a little old woman walking a big lump of a lurcher local to me.

Asked if it was a rescue, but she said no, she got it for free off a bloke who wanted a pup off a litter from his old bitch.

Turned out it was saluki bull grey ?, think it was on the lead a lot because it was a cnt with other dogs.

11 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Breaks my fecking heart

It started as a feasible option but the more I enquired it became nigh on impossible!! Not because “I” didn’t want to but these places wouldn’t as the criteria required to be met was unachievable for me. Kids under 8, couldn’t be let off lead, muzzled when out, wouldn’t live with another dog, separation anxiety,  

believe me there was nothing more I wanted but to give a dog a second chance, but I reckon These places are overrun due to their own negativity and naivety to the breeds they are trying to help.

anyway pick up my pup in a week...... fun and games commence!! 

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Think the smaller places are more straight forward.

On about neutered dogs earlier in the thread, known a few that worked fine/the same, and weren't fat...

My mate got his neutered and it didn’t affect his working ability or size/shape 

On 02/05/2020 at 11:00, RossM said:

Dam was 24ish sire 28ish think she’ll make 24-26ish? Hopefully!! lol 2nd smallest in the litter. 

My old dog was smallest in his litter and I’ve been out with the rest of the litter and it’s bigger than rest by 2 inch lol not always the case

15 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Breaks my fecking heart

I’ve said it before on here my stables are down side of a foot path and a lass walks a big old lurcher past every morning and she told me she never let it off because it’s too fast and tell me to chain mine up what a crank deserve better than that they might get cuddled and brushed on a night but what f***ing lurcher wants that they want to run free 

• Like 1