The first signs of spring

The night's are beginning to get out.  The other day I was helping son in law top a few trees in their garden and it was still dusk at 5 o'clock.  I could clearly we up the road a fair way.  The other afternoon I  walked into a big Charlie coming out of the wood at 4.20 and the daffs are up about a foot high and showing the tight yellow flower another week and they will be about to open.   Today there was a pair of blue tits lòoking for insects. I think that they were a pair because one was harassing the other on a shrub in the back garden.

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

I'm looking forwards to the back of this washout season, dogs out, doesn't seem to stop raining, back garden is a quagmire. Roll on summer, BBQs ,  dry walks, bit of fishing and sun bathing dogs, and nice long light evenings. Atb Joe.

Dry walks and sunbathing ?....….

Makes me sad when the grass starts growing. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, keepitcovert said:

Snowdrops flowering , birds singing in the dawn, blackies  trying to get themselves killed by fighting for territory on main roads, catkins flowering, i love the seasons, most people dont know whats happening in nature and walk around blind.

Toads shagging and you're there.

Love season change if your not out enough you miss it I love watching everything come to life birds singing coming in condition flowers/trees sprouting new life days getting longer.....won’t miss how wet it’s been this winter but feeling it’s not over yet I feel there is a cold snap coming 

• Like 2

Got the Robins singing before it's light and aways facing east looking towards the sunrise. The Blue tits are prospecting and seeing off any birds that come near the nest box, brave little buggers. The Wood Pigeons are treading although they seem to mate all year around now, the Black Bird are squabbling as said.  Daffodils, Snowdrops, Primroses, Violets, Buttercups and the Crocuses all flowering in my garden. Even seen some big Bumble Bee's feeding on the Crocuses.

Plenty of time to get a cold snap yet. 

19 March 2018

P1190838.jpeg.813d08912f86364d71b4c0515f9fcd97.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Just sit quiet when you are out and listen the birds have been pairing up for over a week now, and the dawn chorus is in full swing ✌️✌️

Really noticed the dawn chorus over the last few weeks..

Was putting some steel up last week and a couple of blackbirds were going hammer and tong on the edge of the site, completely oblivious to anything else!

I've not enjoyed this winter much to be honest, theres only so many wet days you can take before you pray for the sun again... the fields have been flooded since October and the rivers have been in flood....roll on spring and summer... the dogs and ferrets dont need a break, but I do!! Lol

• Like 3

Its damn tropical here

we should be -30c atleast. Best winter i have endured in 11yrs. I actually went for a trek thru the forestry yesterday for a few hours. Un heard of before

looks like my carbon tax is doing its job 

8B47302B-51FF-41AE-9597-1AF3A732C2E7.png

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...