Hull Otters??

On 30/12/2019 at 20:25, Bush Rummager said:

My apologies folks. I know I've asked similar questions before.. i just like  your lot's opinion on this type of thing. My experience/ knowledge ain't that great!!

So, I've been blessed with a weekend away in Hull?.. clocked these prints on the muddy bank of the River Hull.

I've never actually seen one in the flesh in the wild despite hitting loads of spots where they're established. Probably a timing error on my part!!

What you think chaps??

IMG_20191229_121157-2.jpg.ed17ef71fcc3a67c74e2071687d64d00.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-30-20-00-12.png.17082c935a2b19e321167b55ef72b974.png

On a side note... that Wings eaty place is the knackers!!?

Ha ha wings is good for a cheep tea ! But lots of people had food poisoning there ha 

• Haha 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was in a little pond near my home 

Just to show size comparison between mink and otter. Note: this particular otter print is overlapped somewhat

Don’t think so, this is only my observation but sea otters seem quite a bit bigger than the ones I,ve seen in freshwater,  there is also quite a size difference between male and females, a good size m

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Yes mate agreed ,seen the aftermath of a double figured barbel with just the brain eaten .

I had a small fisherie in Somerset back in the late 90s when they started reappearing, all the story’s of they only eat eels etc were a load of  bollacks and every time the river parrot was in flood they would turn up ,funnily the first thing that went was my geese adults and young then I started to find remains of fish before I twigged what was happening, worse thing was like you say the waste they leave seeing fish you had bought and stocked left on the bank for the Fox’s and badgers after just a few mouthfuls of the fillet were eaten only for them to turn up again next night for another one, once they get established it’s easier to spot as they normally make a slide at the point of entry ??

CC188CDB-422A-45C5-95B8-AFC003493477.jpeg

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Ha ha wings is good for a cheep tea ! But lots of people had food poisoning there ha 

Cheap tea!! It's £15 per head you flash f@@ker!!... ??

Went to the Italian 'Ask' on Princess street the following night. Proper food. I bit higher up the ladder than the 'Wings' place i would say.

£6:50 for a Peroni though ffs!!... ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, king said:

I've allways wanted to see a wild otter.

But they cause some damage by the sounds of it..

Are sea otters and river otters the same..

Don’t think so, this is only my observation but sea otters seem quite a bit bigger than the ones I,ve seen in freshwater,  there is also quite a size difference between male and females, a good size male river otter can do 40lb plus and make a formidable foe for anything, they are pretty well spread about now, I’ve seen them on the river Severn were the m50 goes over it  the Kenneth and Avon canal around bath the Somerset levels and even a small dyke near me that empty’s empty’s a small moor into the Severn, early mornings seems the best time to see them unless you go out with a lamp ✌️✌️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, king said:

I've allways wanted to see a wild otter.

But they cause some damage by the sounds of it..

Are sea otters and river otters the same..

Just live in different places, we don't have proper sea otters

• Like 3
On 30/12/2019 at 20:52, tandors said:

Plenty of otters on river hull, seen them up passed ticton a few times.

Was up there on monday the rivers twice as wide at the moment a few inches below the pub window, fishings knackered at the moment. Seen otters more up at tophill low and hempholme.

2 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cheap tea!! It's £15 per head you flash f@@ker!!... ??

Went to the Italian 'Ask' on Princess street the following night. Proper food. I bit higher up the ladder than the 'Wings' place i would say.

£6:50 for a Peroni though ffs!!... ?

Good food ask Italian is try there pollo Milanese!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, keepitcovert said:

Was up there on monday the rivers twice as wide at the moment a few inches below the pub window, fishings knackered at the moment. Seen otters more up at tophill low and hempholme.

I know mate, shipyard at bev is all flooded out too, I usually fish around ticton up to eske for the perch. Decent chub in the drain up at hempholme though.

5 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Good food ask Italian is try there pollo Milanese!!

? I had shin beef in Chianti sauce mate.. t'was booootifull!!

Greyman,  yes i agree, i bet they were a right handfull back in the day when it was legal.

Be interesting to know what type of terriers the packs used back then...

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

? I had shin beef in Chianti sauce mate.. t'was booootifull!!

Greyman,  yes i agree, i bet they were a right handfull back in the day when it was legal.

Be interesting to know what type of terriers the packs used back then...

Borders

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tandors said:

I know mate, shipyard at bev is all flooded out too, I usually fish around ticton up to eske for the perch. Decent chub in the drain up at hempholme though.

Ok mate i used to fish eske all the time had some decent bags of bream and some decent pike had 2 monsters one day in half an hour of each other didn’t have no scales but my mate had one week before out of billabong what we weighed at 23 10 the first fish was about same size lovely fish but the next one was a beast I’ve had some good pike over the years but never seen out as big as this thing atb longers01