Deerhounds

3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Narrh beasties are reds. Atb bill

But while we on the subject bill i reckon theres alot of dpgs capable of holding onto a hill red while a person steps in.I dont think theres many would do the same to the big lads downsouth in fields. What u reckon ? 

Edited by C.green
  • Like 2

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely old running dogs,...I'm pleased that a few lads still fancy owning some of these beautiful animals.. My old stock were bred directly off an Ardkinglas Deerhound dog over a tremendously wel

There you go shark ?genuine articles ?

nice ttle film that mick.....what just shows them deerhounds back then ...looked more like the half crosses of today....

Posted Images

Just now, C.green said:

But while we on the subject bill i reckon theres alot of dpgs capable of holding onto a hill red while a person steps in. I dont think theres many would do the same to the big lads downsouth in fields. 

You could be right but it's been done that ya can count on those hill red hinds are no larger than our woodland fallows at times. TB bill

Just now, billhardy said:

You could be right but it's been done that ya can count on those hill red hinds are no larger than our woodland fallows at times. TB bill

It's just not about holding on its about bringing to a halt so one can coupe de grace quickly cleanly almost severed a thumb clean off once with a they don't come o er easily wiith man  and jukel working together but it can be done Tb bill

5 minutes ago, billhardy said:

100% its been done loads on hills. Dogs have even finished job on hinds out pf sight. But again its a different ball gamedown here on the real big things aint it. Ive had some decent fat fallow and sika bill that aint a touch on even a hill hind u must be getting some real well fed fallow.

Edited by C.green
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, C.green said:

100% its been done loads on hills. Dogs have even finished job on hinds out pf sight. But again its a different ball gamedown here on the real big things aint it. Ive had some decent fat fallow and sika bill that aint a touch on even a hill hind u must be getting some real well fed fallow.

There's e ty good large fallow in this neck of the woods that be sure we have reds two sika also we enty big fallow bucks thT are eSily if not larger in some cases than hill red hinds. Atb Tb bill

1 minute ago, billhardy said:

Eighth will still add some quality fractions are just that it's how it throws in the jukel. TB bill

Bill it was 5 generations back its well diluted now I would think. I have a photo or two of the bitch somewhere. It showed a little on their coats for a generation or so.

Just now, joe ox said:

Bill it was 5 generations back its well diluted now I would think. I have a photo or two of the bitch somewhere. It showed a little on their coats for a generation or so.

But would it not help to retain the other qualities a good deerhound xs possess. Atb Tb bill

Just now, C.green said:

I should also add ive never seen a deerhound or whaten x i liked or thought much of that deerhound just brings abit of coat and size these days i think myself.

Most novices think deerhound it will automatically be good on deer.

1 minute ago, billhardy said:

There's e ty good large fallow in this neck of the woods that be sure we have reds two sika also we enty big fallow bucks thT are eSily if not larger in some cases than hill red hinds. Atb Tb bill

Have you forgot i know where your from bill ? theres some good size reds by you did t know there was sika how did they get there ? 

Just now, billhardy said:

But would it not help to retain the other qualities a good deerhound xs possess. Atb Tb bill

Everything that comes threw now seem to resemble collie and bull TBH for some reason the ones that resemble the collies make the best animals or at least the ones that suite me.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, C.green said:

Have you forgot i know where your from bill ? theres some good size reds by you did t know there was sika how did they get there ? 

Either escapees or released who really knows but they are here I don't forget f**k all atb Tb bill