Deerhounds

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely old running dogs,...I'm pleased that a few lads still fancy owning some of these beautiful animals.. My old stock were bred directly off an Ardkinglas Deerhound dog over a tremendously wel

There you go shark ?genuine articles ?

nice ttle film that mick.....what just shows them deerhounds back then ...looked more like the half crosses of today....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, poxon said:

We had a bull greyhound x deerhound greyhound year’s ago on our little team it was bred out of Decent we’ll proven foxing gear to be honest it was a bit of a anti climax to what we were expecting he was beautiful dog to look at big strong rough coated dog pretty fast in a strange line couldn’t turn for shit though being a big heavy dog we were expecting him to be a real good dog for bigger stuff but it wasn’t meant to be he was given opportunity regular but nothing come of him he was given away at about 3yrs old when reality set in he was never going to for fill requirements when a little 21tts bull cross bitch an a 21tts bedlington x we’re doing the business regular as clock work at the time I like the sound of some of these big lurcher crosses Most are found wanting though 

iv got a big dog here four years old and hes done everything iv asked entered early was killing stuff from 10 months old if you get a good one  its a formidable x with any lurcher big or small some will some wont saying that one the best pre ban roe dogs iv saw was a wee 22 inch bull cross called bud that new the job inside out..

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

sire  must be 26 27 an the dam was maybe 25 26 mate both well worked animals 

Ah not 2 big then hopefully be a nice tough little dog ,my mate had a deer bull grey made the American werewolf look like a whippet fecking thing were about 5 foot 2 the shoulder and looked like a giant pure Wheaton and it was a horrible b*****d I left me wellos in wi it and it ate them not chewed them ate them c**t

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

iv got a big dog here four years old and hes done everything iv asked entered early was killing stuff from 10 months old if you get a good one  its a formidable x with any lurcher big or small some will some wont saying that one the best pre ban roe dogs iv saw was a wee 22 inch bull cross called bud that new the job inside out..

It was luck of the draw mate it was one of them tbh it was a shame really as he really looked the part  but our old little team if they didn’t do what they were there for they were gone no ifs no buts they had to do what they were being kept for only dogs that worked stayed till the end an made retirement 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

My mate owned a dog called buck of that type 27 inch he wasent the best at hares put could fill a roe sack or two every time out had the knack Worked the nets at night his owner  wouldent slip him on  fox his wife used to give him.stick because he come home stinking being out way me ? Jackson blue  buck darky were all good DGCG commen cross back them all good alrounders thinkers hunting types will these modern dogs kill what those dogs amast i very much doubt it .he sold buck and chased the hare dream way saluki x after a few thousand pound he went back to the old fashioned crosses it was quit funny every other week another new super dog him and my other mate had it in for each other for several years it cost them dearly the desire to win eye ?

See. The same four hundred here four hundred there ha ha mugs game atb bill

1 hour ago, poxon said:

It was luck of the draw mate it was one of them tbh it was a shame really as he really looked the part  but our old little team if they didn’t do what they were there for they were gone no ifs no buts they had to do what they were being kept for only dogs that worked stayed till the end an made retirement 

But this day and age lots keep em some don't even like em regular lurcher  long dogs jukels invariay don't make old bones here when ostly done t h ry gone unless Bern very very special whi h font tend ta happen. Atb bill

3 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

My mate owned a dog called buck of that type 27 inch he wasent the best at hares put could fill a roe sack or two every time out had the knack Worked the nets at night his owner  wouldent slip him on  fox his wife used to give him.stick because he come home stinking being out way me ? Jackson blue  buck darky were all good DGCG commen cross back them all good alrounders thinkers hunting types will these modern dogs kill what those dogs amast i very much doubt it .he sold buck and chased the hare dream way saluki x after a few thousand pound he went back to the old fashioned crosses it was quit funny every other week another new super dog him and my other mate had it in for each other for several years it cost them dearly the desire to win eye ?

See. The same four hundred here four hundred there ha ha mugs game atb bill

6 hours ago, billhardy said:

They maybey were I matched one beet it with a cur bred jukel means nought they did not have ythe input has the saluki lurchers that followed them atb bill

3 hours ago, jackthelad said:

haha iv a wheaten dog here il put him over the bitch n a few year an send you one down blacky can have yer own werewolf 

Bauerwolf

1 minute ago, billhardy said:

Bauerwolf

Wolf blue broken coated brindle second gen f1 levelling fallow hinds before 18mths bucks  ot long from then that's all it got used on acquaintance owned him  gyp pure deerhound mate owned him best coneys 27 not good but okay fa him primary a stud dog covering all sorts from non peds ta saluki xs saluki greyhounds ra any lurcher bring to him   the man owned the deerhound stud plus a pure sal 1972.atb bill