Liverpool

Reading some of utds forums it's looking like a lot of fans have lost patience with Ollie and it's turning a bit toxic in the stands to with the sound of it since March the 10th utd have dropped 57 points Liverpool have dropped 2 I think that shows the gulf between them at the minute and it's not going down well 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Reading some of utds forums it's looking like a lot of fans have lost patience with Ollie and it's turning a bit toxic in the stands to with the sound of it since March the 10th utd have dropped 57 points Liverpool have dropped 2 I think that shows the gulf between them at the minute and it's not going down well 

Just in from football, obviously they are all Utd or Liverpool fans, good lads but the banter is f***ing howling !

All cracking on, tonight one of them (A Utd fan) said “we didn’t used to give it the big one” and I was like “oh f**k off, you used to treat winning doubles and trebles like it was totally normal” 

Lol 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Astanley said:

Glad to get that one out of the way ,,good team wolves .

yeh wolves  played well, there could won tonight, Liverpool even when they play bad still find that bit of somthing to win . there at the top for a reason, wolves still 7th , so carnt com-plane  even though i am fookin down:(

18 hours ago, WILF said:

I was at a belting game last Saturday, local club played Kingstonian......the game had everything.

End to end stuff, went at each other, just enough niggle, goal disallowed, 3-3 with the equaliser scored in the last 10 minutes so the game finished will a real scrap.....12 inches from the pitch ! Fantastic ! 

All that for £10 !......can’t beat it mate 

£13 at our little gaff....£3 for under 18,s !.....ive found non league football has put me back in touch with the game i loved watching as a youngster,the sounds of a ball being crisply struck and players communicating on the pitch,the individual battles going on i think theres nothing better a footie fan can experience than watching a really competitive tussle just below top level do you not think it all just seems more important to players/managers at this level Wilf ?

Its a refreshing change from a wet Wednesday night in Leicester suffering the indignation of opposing fans singing " Your not West Ham anymore " at you ......especially when you know they are right !!....by the way have you clocked our next run of games LIverpool x 2,Man City,Wolves,Spurs,Chelsea takes us into April........im no longer feeling sad i just feel numb about it all !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

£13 at our little gaff....£3 for under 18,s !.....ive found non league football has put me back in touch with the game i loved watching as a youngster,the sounds of a ball being crisply struck and players communicating on the pitch,the individual battles going on i think theres nothing better a footie fan can experience than watching a really competitive tussle just below top level do you not think it all just seems more important to players/managers at this level Wilf ?

Its a refreshing change from a wet Wednesday night in Leicester suffering the indignation of opposing fans singing " Your not West Ham anymore " at you ......especially when you know they are right !!....by the way have you clocked our next run of games LIverpool x 2,Man City,Wolves,Spurs,Chelsea takes us into April........im no longer feeling sad i just feel numb about it all !

I totally agree, you do feel more connected to the game and dare I say it, the players and the club.

And I also agree it seems to mean more to them, they ain’t two bobbing about things either......they warm up and drill properly, they drive each other on.....I have to admit, I love it.

It nice as well at the local place because my boy used to play for them too so it gives you that bit more of a connection and it’s so refreshing to see proper football compared to over here.

Covo has been the manager at my (old) local club for years, his boy is a coach and his grandson is trying to break into the first team.....it’s a big part of their life so, yes, I think it does matter to them type of blokes a bit more.

Before Christmas I was at a mid week cup game there, horrible night but lads are turning up to play direct from work with 20 minutes to go before kick off and all that stuff......was outside having a bit of a laugh and chin wag with them along the lines of “you better get in there and get changed, they are calling you all the c**ts under the sun” and all that caper.

It connects you mate.

I think old football lads like us find a natural home at non league, it’s more a bit of us.......you can’t loose being a West Ham fan but I definitely have not felt a connection like that for years down the hammers ( probably since they put in seats if I’m honest) 

As for this season, hand on heart I’m not that worried if we go down.....in many ways I welcome it because maybe, just maybe, it may make us rethink how we are going to work as a club......it probably won’t but I’m the supreme optimist sometimes ! Lol 

All that said, this poor little f****r is stuck with being a hammers fan for life.......not easy when all the other kids are Utd or Liverpool fans ! Lol 

3CA4DB88-9FA9-40F0-AA2F-DE0180A1287D.jpeg.5321963579502e64a20680ce1871e783.jpeg

08C8A658-8A3D-4873-BC0A-A5903BD9A60E.jpeg.4cb9cc4bd00effa784781402b862561e.jpeg

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cracking pictures wilf funny you should mention all seating I think that was beginning it started going for me and a few of my mates  suppose it was same for a lot of lads pubs shutting ect and the push for all family  friendly grounds but round here it's all plastic  Liverpool city and utd fans I have been watching fylde and I just find it more pleasurable and a better crack

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Cracking pictures wilf funny you should mention all seating I think that was beginning it started going for me and a few of my mates  suppose it was same for a lot of lads pubs shutting ect and the push for all family grounds but round here it's all plastic  Liverpool city and utd fans I have been watching fylde and I just find it more pleasurable and a better crack

It’s howling in Ireland mate, all Liverpool and Utd “fans”.......half of them have been no where near Manchester or Liverpool.

Sligo Rovers and Longford are down the road but their domestic game is falling to bits because it just don’t get the support......I wouldn’t  mind, but it’s cheap as chips as well.

€15 to get into Sligo Rovers, that’s a top tier league of ireland side and the grounds half empty all the time......meanwhile they are all cracking on about “events at old Trafford” and all that bollocks.

My lad sticks it right on them, he listens then says “yeah, and when was you at a game?” Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

Same here mate  most have never been to a game yet wear the shirts same as when rovers won the title all walking round  wearing the shirt yet were doing well in the championship  now yet only get small crowds but as soon as a big game comes up they fill the ground some  claiming there on every game 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, sid g said:

followed grass roots for years i`d tell anyone get your self down the local park  on a saturday afternoon and catch  a game for a change ...

I do sid I wwont like to be a ref or linesman in some of them games you do see some lose it more on the side lines than the pitch saying that there is still some tasty tackles flying in 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, sid g said:

i go to 2 of my local ish clubs both play a decent standard both have club houses where you can get a burger and a brew or a  beer at half time or after the game  both have lights so can pull the odd night game in aswell , i take my grandson hes not 4 yet cant see him sat in the stands just yet he`s had enough by half time . 

Yeah, they get cold when they are little mate and easily bored.

My older boy costs me a fortune backwards and forwards to the cafe all through the game ! Lol 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Same here mate  most have never been to a game yet wear the shirts same as when rovers won the title all walking round  wearing the shirt yet were doing well in the championship  now yet only get small crowds but as soon as a big game comes up they fill the ground some  claiming there on every game 

Spare a thought for me mate, moved to Cornwall a month after we won the plays offs in '92 ?

Lucky if I get to 3 games a season now.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Spare a thought for me mate, moved to Cornwall a month after we won the plays offs in '92 ?

Lucky if I get to 3 games a season now.

Cheers, D.

Any decent non league clubs round you?....