Astanley

Liverpool

1 hour ago, sid g said:

mates up in sunderland for the weekend lincoln city fan.. sent me this thought i`d share it for the liverpool lads on hereImage may contain: plant and outdoor

Arguably the Greatest Club Manager our Top Flight has ever seen.

His record home and abroad speaks volumes and he was ahead of his time re injuries ect .

• Like 2

On 03/01/2020 at 00:00, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I was probably aware of mourinho before most on here.  

in 2003 I watched his Porto team destroy my European dream before my eyes in Seville as they  mugged my team , a very naive Celtic with only one truly world class player , Deco in a team of cheating lightweights and professional c**ts like capucho. 

They played in and around an immobile Celtic defence , ran the clock down for free kicks from around an hour in. Anti football but effective .That pre season he bought benny McCarthy and won the champions league with that same side. 

Ive watched him evolve and constantly change , from using robert huth as a centre forward against Liverpool in the c l semi final to exciting free moving directed football with his first Chelsea team to shackling together somehow a team at united that hugely overachieved . 

The man must be able to dictate and change his styles and teams in the park as if you don’t you can’t win things. 

And he does win things. I think at spurs he’s inherited a very talented team , however it’s not a team of winning mindset . You need to develop a standard of excellence and it becomes a habit. Spurs lack that imho and they will continue to be that way until a couple of trophies land there. 

Weather or not , he’ll get the time to see that through is another question , three seasons is his half life .

I think he’ll compound in the summer again , a top three four finish will be sufficient for him as it will marry into his transfer targets. 

Liverpool and city only need top top end players to improve marginally such is their level. That leaves a champions league playing Tottenham as the most attractive prospect for all the others. 

Hell clean out a lot of the deadwood and build a physically stronger side . Bigger men , bigger engines with possibly a silky attacking mid as the hub. 

He isn’t pulling up trees agreed but I think we’re seeing a slow burn at Tottenham as I can’t see alli or kane leaving now as I did 12 months ago . 

An interesting move that hard not to watch imho 

Terrific summary that Stiff. Your point as to whether the Mourhino effect will last more than three years is the biggie for me. I am not sure about his ambition these days either. He had no intention of building a legacy at Man U. He agitated for a pay off. I wonder if he's taken the Spurs job just because it's close to home?

• Like 2

Just now, maxhardcore said:

Arguably the Greatest Club Manager our Top Flight has ever seen.

His record home and abroad speaks volumes and he was ahead of his time re injuries ect .

I met him at a Carlisle United match years ago. Top, top bloke. A no bullshit gentleman.

• Like 1

Just out of interest , does anybody have a contact at Everton as I’ll play for 100k a year for them. 

After that performance today against Liverpool under 18s , If I was an evertonian I’d be telling people I support tranmere. 

What an embarrassment 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just out of interest , does anybody have a contact at Everton as I’ll play for 100k a year for them. 

After that performance today against Liverpool under 18s , If I was an evertonian I’d be telling people I support tranmere. 

What an embarrassment 

Everton were shit....but by f**k even the u18s are drilled to the level of the first team...theres some confidence around that club at the minute... Klopp would appear to be doing the job from top to bottom.... 

• Like 4

i think its more like liverpool are actually being liverpool

and all the other teams are shite at the moment

Definitely newkid . I can’t for the life of me see how Everton got it so wrong again after the last game . 

No surprises , no playing high against a defence that likes to step out . No killing space. 

Poor 

that “let’s just see how it goes “ mentality gets you nowhere against Liverpool 

a bad day out for the bluenoses 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Everton were shit....but by f**k even the u18s are drilled to the level of the first team...theres some confidence around that club at the minute... Klopp would appear to be doing the job from top to bottom.... 

When a player comes off substituted typically the player gets a hug from the manager, but the manager isn't looking at the player, he's looking past him at what is going on the pitch. Not Klopp today. He made it special for each and every one of them. He cares and that is lovely to watch.

We've spent Christmas and New Year doen in France on a camping site. Two of the families we got talking to in the bar were from Dortmund. They said that hey actually cried when he announced that he was leaving their club. He is a very special manager and a very special person.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2020 at 00:00, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I was probably aware of mourinho before most on here.  

in 2003 I watched his Porto team destroy my European dream before my eyes in Seville as they  mugged my team , a very naive Celtic with only one truly world class player , Deco in a team of cheating lightweights and professional c**ts like capucho. 

They played in and around an immobile Celtic defence , ran the clock down for free kicks from around an hour in. Anti football but effective .That pre season he bought benny McCarthy and won the champions league with that same side. 

Ive watched him evolve and constantly change , from using robert huth as a centre forward against Liverpool in the c l semi final to exciting free moving directed football with his first Chelsea team to shackling together somehow a team at united that hugely overachieved . 

The man must be able to dictate and change his styles and teams in the park as if you don’t you can’t win things. 

And he does win things. I think at spurs he’s inherited a very talented team , however it’s not a team of winning mindset . You need to develop a standard of excellence and it becomes a habit. Spurs lack that imho and they will continue to be that way until a couple of trophies land there. 

Weather or not , he’ll get the time to see that through is another question , three seasons is his half life .

I think he’ll compound in the summer again , a top three four finish will be sufficient for him as it will marry into his transfer targets. 

Liverpool and city only need top top end players to improve marginally such is their level. That leaves a champions league playing Tottenham as the most attractive prospect for all the others. 

Hell clean out a lot of the deadwood and build a physically stronger side . Bigger men , bigger engines with possibly a silky attacking mid as the hub. 

He isn’t pulling up trees agreed but I think we’re seeing a slow burn at Tottenham as I can’t see alli or kane leaving now as I did 12 months ago . 

An interesting move that hard not to watch imho 

You probably missed out on seeing the great Celtic player Jimmy Johnstone Stiff. He was honestly the most skilful player I have ever seen. No question. Had he been playing now he could command his own salary. He was worth the entrance fee just to see him dribble. Phenomenal player. He was marginally better than Georgie Best imho and more consistent.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

On 05/01/2020 at 11:53, sid g said:

mates up in sunderland for the weekend lincoln city fan.. sent me this thought i`d share it for the liverpool lads on hereImage may contain: plant and outdoor

Sid was your mate who took that pic up from Nottingham by any chance ?

54 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Sid was your mate who took that pic up from Nottingham by any chance ?

yes he was/is.. 

Edited by sid g

17 minutes ago, sid g said:

yes he was/is.. 

Came across a article wrote by a bloke from Notts ' a nice little read 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Came across a article wrote by a bloke from Notts ' a nice little read 👍

tried to message you a link to his blog ... wont send but that`ll be him 

That's prob what I read' a well written piece.

Article started where he had a few beers in Notts night before setting off for the NE and The SOL 👍