That was her first dig. She only 10 month old, bit early really but she did ok. It was only a young Charlie 

Looking at the pics she looks like was a type that was once certainly popular. I don't recall anyone using the term fell type though and they tended to be referred to as border/lakelands. At least were I lived.

Coincidently I bumped into an old friend a few days ago who used to keep and work that type. He no longer has them, more into ESS' and out of he terrier game unfortunately, the only earth dog he has now is a teckle.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Looking at the pics she looks like was a type that was once certainly popular. I don't recall anyone using the term fell type though and they tended to be referred to as border/lakelands. At least were I lived.

Coincidently I bumped into an old friend a few days ago who used to keep and work that type. He no longer has them, more into ESS' and out of he terrier game unfortunately, the only earth dog he has now is a teckle.

I know what you mean. The mother was a rough coated patterdale and the father was a Lakeland/border 

10 hours ago, ceaser said:

Screenshot_20191004-221850_Photos.jpg

Nice dogs mate. What breading in The bitch in the bottom picture? Guessing top picture is Lakeland/border 

Where I come from we class a fell type as a Lakeland/border or Lakeland x whatever 

• Like 1

I always had the idea that Border/Lakie was black and tan and a "Fell Type" was single coloured ie red or black. All rough coated and Patterdale was smooth.

But what do I know?

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

The Patterdale, also known as a black Fell, comes in rough and smooth. It never has that border look to it.

Just saying like

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

The Patterdale, also known as a black Fell, comes in rough and smooth. It never has that border look to it.

Just saying like

I always thought the same, a fell type is a rough black dog. 

• Like 1