Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

If your after puss that will work we’re talking about terrier blood  two totally different things without greyhound you have no speed without terreir you have no guts simple really that  will never change ✌️

You've not seen a greyhound without guts? 

On 04/10/2019 at 18:04, darbo said:

ISSUE NO 16 AUG 1993

ISSUE NO 41 SEPT 1995

ISSUE NO 144 JULY 2004

ISSUE NO 145 AUG 2004

The one with the most information on GN breeding from the begining and the route he went down is issue no 145 Aug 2004.

Thanks, 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, budgie123 said:

Neil Beacon Bred First Cross. The dog is 7 years old and it has been a first rate rabbiting dog taking hundreds of rabbits.

Best coat I have ever seen on a first cross, mouth like a crockadile, very biddable, bomb proof with stock just a pleasure to spend some memorable days around catching a few rabbits. The most robust 1st cross I have ever seen but with plenty of pace. 100% marker the dog never lies.

20191004_160341.jpg

20191004_160330.jpg

Got a first x bitch ,23tts 20 months old and she's got same crocodile mouth .shes coming along fine 

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

• Like 4
8 hours ago, poxon said:

It’s interesting ain’t it Phil an very contradicting at the same time starts by saying the f1 is the finish article an don’t see the benefits of any thing else being added but might take a pup out of a lad that’s coming down from Cumbria if the bitch makes the grade??‍♂️

Then recites to dogs of yesteryear to enforce his reasoning behind the thoughts that cannot be proved otherwise rather than the here An now 

sings the dogs praise of being the finished article thats bomb proof around stock and in every aspect of the job yet thinks people are stupid don’t remember nothing An can’t read between the lines Yet was on a post on here a while ago saying his mates 7yr old f1 as started taking a liking to stock??‍♂️

Think someone is blowing there own trumpet trying to be a purest there’s no such thing as the finished article with dogs there is always room for improvement if your real an honest about your own dogs 

completely lost on budgies comments tbh sounds like a purest but at the same time sounds as a play to a audience 

In respect to being contradictory the bitch is 6 months old currently and will be thoroughly tested for 2 to 3 years before being bred from and it is a Bedlington bred bitch. The breeding may never take place bearing in mind the age of my mates dog.

My current dog is coming up 5 years and if the bitch is bred from it will coincide with when I will be looking for another dog.

Obviously this is all pie in the sky currently and 3 years is a long time away when you are getting older who knows where you will be in 3 years.

What will be the availability of genuine first crosses in 3 years time obviously with decreasing gene pool more difficult.

In respect to dogs of yester year are lot of this thread has been about dogs of yesteryear and peoples life experiences which has made this thread for me very interesting and some cracking photos.

I would be greatfull poxon if you could post my previous post where I mentioned my mates dog starting taking stock. I have participated in threads on remedies to stock worrying but never mentioned my mates dog.

In respect to being a purist I am not really sure what you mean or what relevance it has. I appreciate all breeds with my mate now having a collie bred dog which is shaping up to be a nice dog in its second year. He has chosen to go down that route to try something different his choice. If a dog can do what an owner requires what does it matter what breeding is.

I have no hidden agenda certainly not to promoting any future breeding just participating in one of the best threads I have seen for a long time with a diverse spectrum of views which are exactly that personal views and experiences about Bedlington breeding.

Keep Posting.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

4 next april

I new she must b about that age as I was going to have a pup from same litter but didn't and I always kicked myself for not getting one so jumped at the chance when Darbo said about the litter .

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I new she must b about that age as I was going to have a pup from same litter but didn't and I always kicked myself for not getting one so jumped at the chance when Darbo said about the litter .

we spoke I think not long after you got her ? said you wouldn't be disappointed ?

2 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

she looking good mooch

2 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

she looking good mooch

She's coming on ,starting to think and take notice more when ferreting ,she's got great nose and marking true .she took her first bolter of the season today so I'm happy ,out again tomorrow for few hours so hopefully we get a few runs ,

• Like 2