This mix keeps the weight on and the dogs running hard .....

EDA3AF2D-A92C-4FBD-82F7-92C3400E3296.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, socks said:

This mix keeps the weight on and the dogs running hard .....

EDA3AF2D-A92C-4FBD-82F7-92C3400E3296.jpeg

Good snappin there socks the only difference with my fishes his I get the salmo heads and all the waste offa the fish man flesh consuming with jukels can be gas cheep or expensive has one wishes but fa some a route round the slaughter houses  or chicken factories reaps dividens, that's my favourite combo tripe with a carcass they have everything they need in abundance with that combo,other than that dead day old ca fifty pence free range hens pluck roughly freeze them up chop in half feeding time chicken ice lolly in the summer maths lol they do well with my methods lol feed them anything with neat on the bone they'll thrive .atb bill

12 hours ago, joe ox said:

Sadly there are plenty of those about in the lurcher world that's why the rescue shelters are full.

There's millions that feed same boring kibble day in day out yellow manly teeth dull shitty eyes and coats , there's millions of greyhounds fed exclusively the kibble nuts  ,the lucky ones get a lump of minced beef chucked in lots don't feed them the best ya can when ya can jukels do need a lay down period  and diets need to be adjusted accordingly results go by man management  and rest his an equally important has work , burn em out finish em early jukels done by four seen it .atb bill

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I was getting slagged on this thread a Couple of pages ago for feeding nothing but tripe. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Now the super doggers are saying it’s only good as part of their diets buts it great stuff.🤣🤣🤣🤣. Fcuk off.. know all. Know fcuk all’s. 

If that's a dig at me it is only good as part I have never said any different, its a mixer or a treat no more no less.

Whats cheapest lamb to buy for dogs ? Dont want it minced or i wont bother with it normally by breast of lamb but seems to be getting dearer

If the barf diet is the be all and end all why the need to supplement it with oils etc?

49 minutes ago, joe ox said:

If the barf diet is the be all and end all why the need to supplement it with oils etc?

Because I overthink things 🤣

• Like 1

Its the same as the veggies saying humans don't need to eat meat but they have to supplement their diet because they don't.

There would be no need for supplements in a barf diet if it was the one answer.

AniForte BARF Complete Supplement is a 100% natural supplement specifically developed for dogs on raw feed diets. It is a natural source of minerals and essential nutrients and it ensures that your pet is on a sustainable and balanced BARF diet.

produktbild_1000ml_Dose_barf-complete_500g_1200x1200px_72dpi@2x.jpg

To be honest i reckon my dogs have a good varied diet of raw scraps and complete but that uktimate oil still puts an extra shine on there coat.

4 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Its the same as the veggies saying humans don't need to eat meat but they have to supplement their diet because they don't.

There would be no need for supplements in a barf diet if it was the one answer.

AniForte BARF Complete Supplement is a 100% natural supplement specifically developed for dogs on raw feed diets. It is a natural source of minerals and essential nutrients and it ensures that your pet is on a sustainable and balanced BARF diet.

produktbild_1000ml_Dose_barf-complete_500g_1200x1200px_72dpi@2x.jpg

I feed both meat and biscuit mixed together and I got something like the above and bottles of salmon oil just so it looks like I know what I'm on wi the meat is chicken backs tripe beef and lamb all minced 

Ffs now I've gorra get some fecking trout or I wont sleep 

• Haha 3

It's a market, and I've seen dogs exist on corn flour abroad, think it all goes a bit extreme, fair play to lads that hunt 5 days a week and do all nighters regular but that's a minority. Mine do okay but plenty of biscuit as I work away a lot and it's convenient, but they get rice pasta bread scraps and meat etc. Just about giving them a decent diet so we can get the best out of them...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joe ox said:

You don't. If they're getting muscle meat, offal and bone it's all they need. That scran in your pic looks spot on. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

You don't. If they're getting muscle meat, offal and bone it's all they need. That scran in your pic looks spot on. 

It keeps them weighty and their coats shiny, they can also put a full shift in without losing condition on it so the balance is right enough for my needs in a lurcher.

Those chicken bits are so easy to feed to the dogs, I buy a few boxes in and bag-up a few in separate freezer bags.:clapper:

Unfortunately, whereas, once upon a time, tripes, lamb ribs and chicken carcases were ridiculously cheap, nowadays, ( unless you have a contact), the raw feeding option, needs a wee bit more planning. It's crazy, but when I trained as a youth, I also smoked like a factory chimney, yet, I still got by...and when I was running a team of lurchers, on the lamp, all along the South coast, frequently every night, two weeks on, one week off, my dogs all caught good numbers of rabbits, on a regular basis, and all on a big feck-off bowl, of Vitalin! 

Makes yer wonder, doesn't it...🤔

img Scans236.jpg

• Like 5