Pre Season

I’ve always classed tripe as a meat same as heart but couldn’t care less what other people class it as tbh all I know is dogs love the shit An do really well being fed on plenty of it but price of the gear is creeping up due to there being larger demands for it now days with more people feeding raw 

• Like 2

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam

We are ready. 

Yes I have to admit it gives me ‘an enormous sense of well being” driving up to Dartmoor at first light walking round watching rabbits disappear time and time again  ,driving back and feeding the dog

Posted Images

I've always considered it offal as it's the stomach lining, having said that the stomach is muscular so 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. 

Ps world Tripe Day, 24th October, as Samuel Pepys wrote on that day 'So home and dined there with my wife upon a most excellent dish of tripes of my own directing."

Edited by sandymere
40 minutes ago, shaaark said:

It's f****n good whatever it is, all my dogs, apart from one, have loved it

I have fed it to my dogs as a PART of their diet for nearly four decades. Originally direct from the slaughter house I used to work at from leaving school.

Over the last 10 years its become really popular in the pet food market, I could buy whole tripe's up until around 4 year ago but it became much more profitable for my supplier to sell it minced so they stopped selling them whole.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, poxon said:

Feck me were going on to cooking classes of the stuff now ????Wonder who will be first to argue that the optimum cooking temperature is wrong 

There is no optimum cooking temperature :rtfm:. ........... as long as it's cooked s.l.o.w.lyyyy ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Sad 1

Muscle meat or offal who cares? just a slight difference of opinion ?

Years ago in winter time when no fly's about, I would hang it for over a week until it dried and hardened then cut big lumps off for the dogs, it kept their gums healthy and them entertained for a while chewing on it.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, poxon said:

Feck me were going on to cooking classes of the stuff now ????Wonder who will be first to argue that the optimum cooking temperature is wrong 

Tripe and onions fecking horrible and haggis is med out on goats bladders and sheeps fannies 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, joe ox said:

I have fed it to my dogs as a PART of their diet for nearly four decades. Originally direct from the slaughter house I used to work at from leaving school.

Over the last 10 years its become really popular in the pet food market, I could buy whole tripe's up until around 4 year ago but it became much more profitable for my supplier to sell it minced so they stopped selling them whole.

Yeah,  as part of their diets. Only an inconsiderate, know f**k all fool would feed any ONE food product every day.

I didn't think I'd need to elaborate on that ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Yeah,  as part of their diets. Only an inconsiderate, know f**k all fool would feed any ONE food product every day.

Sadly there are plenty of those about in the lurcher world that's why the rescue shelters are full.

47 minutes ago, billhardy said:

I AllwYs knew it was muscle meat joe so fa get Mr barf its always been there raw tripe his muscle meat and in the raw feeders freezer the most expensive I get ten kilo da four quid or few bellies here and there da free when my mate drops them off. Meat. Atb bill

Bill I have always known it as offal but am not to concerned what anyone calls it if I am honest, it used to be wormy as feck but not so bad these days, used sheep tripe's back then as well.

10 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Sadly there are plenty of those about in the lurcher world that's why the rescue shelters are full.

Plenty of those in dogs in general, not just lurchers. Half the dog owning people in this country SHOULDN'T have dogs  and to use a cliche on this site, ............. FACT!!!

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, shaaark said:

There’s no need to have a pop at the chicken frame boiz shaaark I can see you getting offers for a £1000 for a laybye meeting before yon night is out ????

4 hours ago, joe ox said:

I can get fresh killed beef tripes daily slaughterhouse on my doorstep it's just with tripe abit of say gain twenty with a rack lamb bone his a good meal soak the kibble  it justa better addition than brown bread  variety butchers off cuts carcasses etc fa the teeth I found tripe inexpensive  ut lots needed when no other flesh added hence a kilo a day hald a loaf brown bread or a mug a kibble soaked the tripe his a very easily digested food dogs gain weight fast on it they run well on it the fats are digested eadily on it its a wonderful food but fa some to expensive bought from pet stores worms keep plenty froze up thus kills the parasites feck the mincing  they have it straight behind the kibble in lumps. Atb bill

• Like 1