Premier League predictions

So, the new season is almost here. Who will triumph and who will suffer the dreaded drop? I fancy Liverpool for the title because I have a hunch that City will throw everything at the Champions League this year. Spurs or Chelsea for 3 & 4 but in which order? Both have their issues, but the transfer ban and depth of quality should give the Spuds the edge this year. Arsenal & ManU for the next two? Hmm. I'm thinking an upset this season might be on the cards. Leicester or Everton perhaps. Wolves could be up there if they can overcome the extra demands of European competition with such a small squad. They didn't suffer too many injuries last season but may not be so lucky this time around.

The bottom three places are going to be equally hard fought over. I reckon Newcastle, Norwich and Burnley will fill the bottom three places. Brighton & Southampton might run them close and I'm not sure about the Blades. 

My Predictions:

1. Liverpool

2. Man City

3. Spurs

4. Chelsea

5. Leicester

6. Arsenal

18. Burnley

19. Newcastle

20. Norwich

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw that it was the Wolves guy i forget his name now......the trouble is its all being aimed at the neutral tv fans rather than supporters in the ground......for the neutral tv fans its drama but if

A very well put post nicepix  and something that has been on the cards a while...  whod have thought ten years ago city , Liverpool and Tottenham would be breaking away from the top 6 to mak

Proper football man... I like him a lot... I think hes at the right club though, I know it sounds stupid but sometimes it's just a perfect fit...he could ruin his rep with a big money move

Posted Images

I said last year that city have raised the bar but last season shows just how high.

Lots of teams must look and wonder how Liverpool didn’t win the league as well last season......I mean just how good do you have to be?

Well, I suppose the simple answer is, better than city.

I don’t care what anyone says, that’s not just down to money......that’s something else and the fact it is something else means any team can aspire to do things they never thought they could do.

Klopp and Guardiola have shown the value of top class coaching and coaches who obviously give as much importance to the mental side as they do the technical side.

They have those teams thinking they can run through walls and that is a brilliant lesson for teams and football clubs everywhere.

jmho

• Like 3

1. City

2. Spurs

3. Liverpool

4. Leicester

Unsure about UTD, Chelsea and Arsenal with new managers etc. Brendan Rodgers is a good manager, knows the league well and has made some good signings, I fancy Leicester to surprise a few. City are just too strong in every position IMO.

I can’t see Manchester United doing anything serious for at least the next 2 seasons, that’s almost a complete rebuild job up there.

That club needs put back together in terms of players and mind set and that won’t happen overnight.

Personally I want to see the yids fall apart but I grudgingly admit Pocchetino is one of the new breed of coaches I really like......I think he had a fairly mediocre team achieving things they really shouldn’t the last couple of seasons.

Frankie and Chelsea will be an interesting one, I wonder if he will command more time and respect from the owner because of his status at the club than other previous managers have?......I think managing expectations will be a big one for him and I hope he makes a go of it.

All in all, I think it’s a good time for football in general at the moment.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

So, the new season is almost here. Who will triumph and who will suffer the dreaded drop? I fancy Liverpool for the title because I have a hunch that City will throw everything at the Champions League this year. Spurs or Chelsea for 3 & 4 but in which order? Both have their issues, but the transfer ban and depth of quality should give the Spuds the edge this year. Arsenal & ManU for the next two? Hmm. I'm thinking an upset this season might be on the cards. Leicester or Everton perhaps. Wolves could be up there if they can overcome the extra demands of European competition with such a small squad. They didn't suffer too many injuries last season but may not be so lucky this time around.

The bottom three places are going to be equally hard fought over. I reckon Newcastle, Norwich and Burnley will fill the bottom three places. Brighton & Southampton might run them close and I'm not sure about the Blades. 

My Predictions:

1. Liverpool

2. Man City

3. Spurs

4. Chelsea

5. Leicester

6. Arsenal

18. Burnley

19. Newcastle

20. Norwich

fair point  above, think your right with Wolves , we had very good start last season, and as you say we not got big squad to handle the extra injury's  with this Euro league . but we just had couple more signings , and couple good young lads coming through, if we can stay  1/2 table  that do me , we got Leicester  sunday  away , that should be good game  , think wolves  2 Leicester 1  

8 hours ago, bird said:

fair point  above, think your right with Wolves , we had very good start last season, and as you say we not got big squad to handle the extra injury's  with this Euro league . but we just had couple more signings , and couple good young lads coming through, if we can stay  1/2 table  that do me , we got Leicester  sunday  away , that should be good game  , think wolves  2 Leicester 1  

With the investment gone into the club and the momentum they have from last year i think most Wolves fans will see anything less than another European spot a disappointment i think they are close to cracking the top 5.

City and Liverpool again for me i can see things panning out similar to last year they are the only top clubs with stability.

I think Utd will fall early.....Lampard will start well but they,ll fall away.....Arsenal will just be  normal Arsenal....and i can see Spurs losing Poch at some point and slipping away late on.

My little Hammers will hopefully bang in another solid mid table finish....and i reckon probably 2 out of the 3 newcomers will go straight back down.

But who knows.....good luck whoever yous follow.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

In the lower leagues ,I will stick my neck out and predict that if they stay injury free , don't get silly suspensions ,stick with their manager ,maybe sign a striker before the deadline ,get the rub of the green ,and the crowd don't get on their back too much ..safc may well win a match this season .

• Haha 1

I really fancy Spurs 

I can see the wheels coming off the Liverpool wagon, they really do not have a great squad depth. Although salad and mane haven’t played a lot post champions league , it puts a lot in your legs the football they have played last two three years. 

As stated I think city will go for the champions league , but consolidate the epl along the way 

city 

spurs 

liverpool 

the rest will be a scramble between arsenal , wolves and Everton ( kean is a great signing) 

united have done nothing I’ve seen this pre season to suggest top 6 

they look in freefall to be fair , lukaku and pogba to go in jan window . 

I think villa will be respectable 

celtic to win the Spl and at least one cup , an improved rangers the other . 

Looking forward to this season a lot  

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I really fancy Spurs 

Did you f***ing write that on purpose to get me riled up ! X

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, sid g said:

leics aint gonna be top half .. 

I think this might come back to haunt you. They had a decent base before Rogers arrived and he has strengthened it quite cleverly in my opinion. Signing Tielemans after his very successful loan period and buying Perez gives him two proven goal threats to back up Vardy who is still potent in front of goal. Madison is also showing potential. Losing Maguire is a blow, but they have a Turkish international centre back Söyüncü who is under the radar of most folk. He looks like a good prospect, another Huth. Their holding midfielder Ndidi is one of their unsung heroes and Pereira is class too.

I think that with Rogers at the helm they will finish above ManU in the top 6.

• Like 1