• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There you go lads. Cheers, D.  

Hard to beat natural remedies walking and saltwater on the beach as well

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Dyslectic said:

No Katchum, they are all dog's but you add new blood to develop the line. You shouldn't just keep repeating the same cross ha haha all the best William. 

Your wrong fella you don’t add new blood to create a line you add new blood to put back in later down the line your probably put back in the third generation in it’ll be half related to what line you already have going then discontinued either the dog or bitch side of the line depending on witch one was the producer of sound workers or not but keep the gt gt grand sire or dam to put back in even further down the line or keep all 3 lines going. Line breeding Lurchers in my opinion is a waist of time there’s to many variables I’d much rather worker to worker bred but dabble in an out of close breeding but to the type of dog I’m needing at the time ie add what I thinks missing at the time if the breeding is slow an cloddy turbo charge it up with a racey worker the next generation in or completely simplify it by going back to a greyhound or coursing dog to iron it all out 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, poxon said:

Your wrong fella you don’t add new blood to create a line you add new blood to put back in later down the line your probably put back in the third generation in it’ll be half related to what line you already have going then discontinued either the dog or bitch side of the line depending on witch one was the producer of sound workers or not but keep the gt gt grand sire or dam to put back in even further down the line or keep all 3 lines going. Line breeding Lurchers in my opinion is a waist of time there’s to many variables I’d much rather worker to worker bred but dabble in an out of close breeding but to the type of dog I’m needing at the time ie add what I thinks missing at the time if the breeding is slow an cloddy turbo charge it up with a racey worker the next generation in or completely simplify it by going back to a greyhound or coursing dog to iron it all out 

Like any line breeding you can only go so far before nothing is being gained out of the breeding you come to a wall and problems start to manifest them selfs

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, delswal said:

Hey Bill, I've always fancied a genuine first cross Greyhound / Malinois, I can imagine them being very athletic with a high drive. You ever bred a first cross? and what was the results?

Bill's said previously he's only ever bred one litter?. ?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, delswal said:

Hey Bill, I've always fancied a genuine first cross Greyhound / Malinois, I can imagine them being very athletic with a high drive. You ever bred a first cross? and what was the results?

The only firstxs. Greyhound mallinois l know off weren't that good but I believe it was down to the mallinois bitch she was a failed kc type malli. The others we bred were from coursing stock those we kept are OK not world beaters obviously but they tackle anything and catch anything I like these but I have ta say the sire wax from a very good line of tested stock the bitch working line stuff. I have a few pics some where I'll try load themup it's not fa away we kept the best welps has we saw them at birth then again six weeks. Atb bill

Just now, delswal said:

Tidy looking thing..............can see the malli in it.........nice head

That's the smallest welp out of em we have a not her bitch lots taller mad fa teeth but that's another story there's Was a couple males also come good ta be fair it was a d

surprising

good mating there's a bit c on a hunt in Shropshire she runs with the pack,they far better and so different than other base types collie etc.these are stronger minded than the alsation s we have kept makes a difference more so on a herding xs jukel  ate bill

23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

always liked that dog bill?spit of a bitch my mate owned,could shift,we put a coursing bred dog over her....but pups were stolen?

You're had a few nicked be the sounds of it some c ,s about by you