david beckham gets 6 months ban

On 09/05/2019 at 17:11, WILF said:

I have to ask......when mobile phones first came out, was you or anyone else worried about this stuff before the government and a shit load of do gooders told you that you should be worried about it?.......I f***ing doubt it.

A lorry driver drove straight over a car on the M5 down here few months back...car was stoped lorry driver on his phone texting didn't see it...killed both people in the car...

My Mrs went up the back of someone, crawling in traffic and looked at a text...cost me 500 quid....she got a boll9cking for that!!

Drink driving was thought as the norm years ago, my uncle died hit a wall pissed going between pubs, my old man couldn't get him out of the van, he was hurt himself...my old man went on to get banned for drink driving..never could work that one out??

Any how's, not sure you need the government to tell you what is safe or not...looking at your phone whilst driving is f***ing stupid..

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beckham has had more points last two years than Sunderland 

Spent years doing it before they made it an offence, couldn’t have run my business without doing it.......I dont remember mowing down any pedestrians or having any crashes. Pissing about with the

I held my 19 year old lad in my arms for nearly 24 hours while he slow died after a RTA. Now you guys belittling that kind of thing look at you kids and try and imagine what its like to lose one, you

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

A lorry driver drove straight over a car on the M5 down here few months back...car was stoped lorry driver on his phone texting didn't see it...killed both people in the car...

My Mrs went up the back of someone, crawling in traffic and looked at a text...cost me 500 quid....she got a boll9cking for that!!

Drink driving was thought as the norm years ago, my uncle died hit a wall pissed going between pubs, my old man couldn't get him out of the van, he was hurt himself...my old man went on to get banned for drink driving..never could work that one out??

Any how's, not sure you need the government to tell you what is safe or not...looking at your phone whilst driving is f***ing stupid..

Where I live, drunk driving is still the norm otherwise all the boozers would go out of business.......now, I think that is howling mate but they don’t see anything wrong in it and I don’t preach.

Their attitude is, until some bad has happened it hasn’t happened so why drive people mad about it......you see the St Patrick’s day parade in my town, everyone would have a blue fit with 5 year olds sat on their dads laps driving and artic up the high street and kids hanging off the back of tractors.

Long May it stay that way.......in fact, over here they always say the same “You English, you love your rules and regulations don’t you......what’s all that about?” Lol 

29 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

You always get the one driver who is the lord of the law,drives around upholding all thing remotely illegal and making out you killed someone,juat cause you answered a call in traffic,with the handbrake up.

Yep some c**t told me get off the phone other day in traffic in watford told him to get f****d jobs worth coon

• Haha 2

Yup,had same,i was in slow moving traffic in a small village.my bluetooth for some reason was nt on  phone rang,and i had to take the call.bloke next lane shouts in."your hurt someone you will." I shouted back."it might be u you mate"

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Where I live, drunk driving is still the norm otherwise all the boozers would go out of business.......now, I think that is howling mate but they don’t see anything wrong in it and I don’t preach.

Their attitude is, until some bad has happened it hasn’t happened so why drive people mad about it......you see the St Patrick’s day parade in my town, everyone would have a blue fit with 5 year olds sat on their dads laps driving and artic up the high street and kids hanging off the back of tractors.

Long May it stay that way.......in fact, over here they always say the same “You English, you love your rules and regulations don’t you......what’s all that about?” Lol 

Yeah you don't preach but don't condone it, cause we all know drink driving is f***ing stupid...

Yet some how your making out texting whilst driving is ok? Or only a problem because the government has made it a problem...there are millions of vehicles flying around our roads there is no doubt a mobile phone is a distraction you don't need...I can't see the argument really... there's probably 2 tractors and a Hillman minx in your village...not much chance of a collision there eh!! Lol

• Haha 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

Yeah you don't preach but don't condone it, cause we all know drink driving is f***ing stupid...

Yet some how your making out texting whilst driving is ok? Or only a problem because the government has made it a problem...there are millions of vehicles flying around our roads there is no doubt a mobile phone is a distraction you don't need...I can't see the argument really... there's probably 2 tractors and a Hillman minx in your village...not much chance of a collision there eh!! Lol

Ahh.....texting and having a conversation are two different things.

If we are saying lets lock people up for stupidity then the whole world would be in nic my friend ;) 

The distraction element is the key. David Beckham isn't thick and knows the penalties for points on his license. Still he has more than enough money to pay for a 24/7 chauffeur. Presumably he has a lot of businesses to take care of and that is why he was using a mobile, but my wife's Honda automatically connects to either her or my phone's. You don't have to do anything apart from press a button on the stearing wheel.  The call is loud and clear over the car's sound system.  No danger to anyone.  The dangerous bit is the touch sensitive media system. That is completely distracting. Honda and the ministry don't seem to consider this problem. But in David's situation it would have been more of a punishment that he had been put inside for a period so that it really stalled him out for a while. 

I use hands free everyday mate, is there much difference to holding a phone to your ear...probably not... but you drive along the motorway and the amount of drivers, mainly fleet drivers that are on there phones...f**k me it does my head in...70mph and there head is down on their phone...

I think a lot of the argument is by banning phones completely it eradicated the grey area.."I was just going through my contacts to phone someone"...etc.... 

As far as stupid...I was nearly in nick for murdering the Mrs when she drove up someone's ass texting.lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve just dropped 3 points for a CU80. But it was for talking on the phone not texting. I see no harm in that, but anyone who thinks that texting or reading the latest shit posted on social media whilst in control of a moving vehicle deserves a 6 month ban IMO.

• Like 2

I held my 19 year old lad in my arms for nearly 24 hours while he slow died after a RTA. Now you guys belittling that kind of thing look at you kids and try and imagine what its like to lose one, you can for a minute or two but you can't imagine it indefinitely it a life sentence.

Any thing that makes the roads safer is a good thing by me.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Arry said:

I held my 19 year old lad in my arms for nearly 24 hours while he slow died after a RTA. Now you guys belittling that kind of thing look at you kids and try and imagine what its like to lose one, you can for a minute or two but you can't imagine it indefinitely it a life sentence.

Cheers Arry

Fukcing hell mate, that's probably the worst thing that could happen to any parent. Really sad for you. R.I.P.

D.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Fukcing hell mate, that's probably the worst thing that could happen to any parent. Really sad for you. R.I.P.

D.

Thank mate 2002 but still get you if you know what I mean.

Cheers Arry

46 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

So sorry for your loss Arry. 

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Bloody hell Arry, Sorry for your loss mate... couldn't imagine that.

As you say safety on the roads should be welcomed by all, it doesn't have to be thought of as the government taking away our rights when most things are pure common sense..

• Like 1