Introducing ' Beast '

Well not communicated much on here lately, so thought I'd introduce the Blue Demon's new stable mate, I've christened it Beast, and for good reason , HW80 in 177 (just for the challenge to see how much horsepower I can accurately squeeze from it!) 

It's had my full knowledge of tuning Weihrauchs poured into it, the piston looked soooo nice when finished I almost didn't want it to disappear into the gun... ☺! 

much polishing and smoothing... 

the debur didn't take long at all was not as sharp or rough as the 80 I first got back in 1987 in England. 

It's had the full vortek PG2 SHO kit install and accuracy is very acceptable at 40mtres with the Stoeger X hollows that I've been using lately (in the 97)

anyone care to guess what the output is, with 10.43grn stoeger hollow points? 

have a guess... ☺ 

20190228_191725.jpg

• Like 1

Ha awesome great replies thanks guys! I'm off to the local hunting and fishing shop at 5 today so will post the results from their flash chronograph asap, you'll prob see it tomorrow, as I am in New Zealand... ☺ 

grrr the bloody chrono at the gun shop turns out it's super sensitive to indoor lighting conditions - didn't record a single reading from the beast, dispite half an hour of tying, some there's a slight delay, my combro has gone unreliable it's all over the place, and I know it's not the gun.... 

watch this space.... 

On 04/03/2019 at 07:44, Robo9 said:

grrr the bloody chrono at the gun shop turns out it's super sensitive to indoor lighting conditions - didn't record a single reading from the beast, dispite half an hour of tying, some there's a slight delay, my combro has gone unreliable it's all over the place, and I know it's not the gun.... 

watch this space.... 

Buy some new batteries for the Combro then or one of these!!

New Chrono

• Like 1

My FAC HW80 .22 is 23 ft/lbs and cocks sweetly smooth but needs a positive, no mess, handful of barrel to do it.

For .177 FAC it has to be no more than 18 or 19fpe if your pellet has to have a chance of gripping the rifling properly. Otherwise it will just skim over it and fly like shit in all directions.

I've never yet found a heavyweight magnum pellet that flies accurately from an FAC HW80. Or maybe, this is an exceptional one that does

Pianoman..

• Like 1