Bedlington x greyhound 1st 2generation

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my pup came from fella you talking about.he as one best bedlington terrier I seen in yrs,not x with another type to pep it up greyhounds he as are workedand do ok from what he said. i don't

you can say what you like about plummer but he was one hell of a writer. we are all guilty of reading them and finding our opinions later. 

As bad as hondjob with his merel collie crosses charging more money  150 is plenty for a lurcher pup 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’m not on the wined up again this is a serious question: what modern day stuff from Hancocks kennels is any good all I see is the older generation going on about old has been legends that are all part of the Plummer/Hancock story books any modern day dogs bred directly from Hancock that are likely to go down as legends in this here running dog world be interesting to see some information ie who there bred from etc 

I've said this on this site a few times. But there are plenty of dogs, bred directly from hancocks, up and down the country that are taking allsorts, pre ban lol, on a very regular basis. I'll leave all the 'legendary' bollox for others to say.

Biggest reasaon why most people fail with collie crosses, and then blame the dog,  is the fact that they are too impatient to allow a dog to mature mentally.  Trust me mate, most collie crosses are, if they are allowed to mature, are just as tough as most other types, and most of them will work day in day out, night in and night out, without too many physical complaints.

They are definitely out there. But most of their owners wouldn't even consider using a computer, let alone use sites or forums like this. ?

• Like 5

Anyway since the thread has totaly gone off topic i will add more from bedlingtons to kc shite to peddlars handjobs bummers. ive always had a soft spot for collie lurchers a pic from a old book. lol.

IMG_1324.JPG

Edited by darbo
  • Like 2

Darbo, I'm not sure if that dog was the 'type' bred by James Arhigno in the picture above...

It was written that Plummer got his first dogs off Arhigno and those first dogs were not of 'obvious' collie blood if the photos are true. Bear was his first, a dog that looked very Deerhoundy and the type kept by most gypsy's at that time. Penguin and Fathom were supposidly direct from that line and at best were smooth lurcher to lurcher looking hounds.

Again, my thoughts are that Plummer would be promoting collie bred lurchers in that photo, to help his friend out of a bad spot.

1 hour ago, darbo said:

Deffo bosun plummer used him in his line.

1 hour ago, darbo said:

IMG_1330.JPG

yeah its Rusty, was just wondering what folk thought, and wondering if it was one of the places they got this shepherdy look from

5 hours ago, Gilbey said:

looked like they had saluki in them. Surely just lurcher x lurcher, the feathered ears and sharp muzzles didn't scream collie lurcher.

the smooth brindle on Uist was Merab 2

Gilbert I have a part merle dog here now 10 generation line bred collie grey same stamp as them feathered ears and tail long collie type coat lot of lads asked if he has any saluki blood just by looks i know there is none in this line at all I think it must be the collie genes throwing back true to type 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Darbo, I'm not sure if that dog was the 'type' bred by James Arhigno in the picture above...

It was written that Plummer got his first dogs off Arhigno and those first dogs were not of 'obvious' collie blood if the photos are true. Bear was his first, a dog that looked very Deerhoundy and the type kept by most gypsy's at that time. Penguin and Fathom were supposidly direct from that line and at best were smooth lurcher to lurcher looking hounds.

Again, my thoughts are that Plummer would be promoting collie bred lurchers in that photo, to help his friend out of a bad spot.

Pics of fathom and penguin.

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

• Like 1

I was running north uist. Back in seventies early seventies the brindle male I had then took good bags a Conies best stint we had was hundred fifty eight in three hr shift ,the brindle jukel taking the largest bag plenty running still left n him he was mostly collie grey sire lurcher dam unknown ancestry.atbbill

• Like 1