Title race

So why spend 200m on a side that you " genuinely don't  see winning the league again "?  Why would Bale come to a side to finish second? Not that Liverpool would want him.Unlikely I know but Liverpool could still  be crowned champions, that would change everything .......no?

• Like 1

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IHow the fk ,did a thread about the title race turn into a SAFkin C thread ??? Is it like Godwins law ?

I don't care what the result is ,I don't care if we don't win the league ,I don't are if hendo and Milner are shot ,I don't care if we have to spend millions to have any chance ,I don't care if no one

I think after Fergie went, with the subsequent managerial failures, the "soul" of Utd went. Now they're just another club, not the giants they were. It's f***ing great ? Cheers, D.

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m sorry mate but I genuinely don’t see Liverpool winning the league again , 

ill say this ,

city are establishing themselves as  the number one club in England 

united are gone for 3 4 years , however bear in mind this is Man Utd , the worlds biggest team , money will always be found . 

Chelsea look like they are in clip 

arsenal the same 

spurs are building at quite a dramatic rate . 

Liverpool need to  savagely invest in the next two windows as it’s only a matter of time before van diik and that front line get fed up of second place . 

200 million is needed to get that title for the scousers minimum. 

3 or 4 top top players 

although he had his critics , bale would be an absolute fantastic addition to that side . Milliner and Henderson are shot to bits and probably past their best. 

Bale would be fantastic in a free moving box to box role , you need an engine room at the heart of that side to finally get it over the line . 

100m for bale , get that young lad back from on loan at rangers , blood in that young striker of yours from the youth team 

maybe kompany in from city ? 

Get some coin spent wisely and they can make a serious dent into the perm for years to come ...

I agree on most points tbh mate, Milner isn’t going to be so reliable for much longer, But that’s why I’m not that fussed if we don’t win it as the core is their now just needs some fine tuning! Definitely need a new striker to challenge firmino! 

If we finished 2nd by ten points then maybe you could say klopp isn’t the man for the job but to take it to the last day against city with pep in charge is completely different imo, and while not many would be happy with 2nd every year for now it’s just fair play to city as they were the better team over the season! 

Thats providing they do win it of course lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m sorry mate but I genuinely don’t see Liverpool winning the league again , 

ill say this ,

city are establishing themselves as  the number one club in England 

united are gone for 3 4 years , however bear in mind this is Man Utd , the worlds biggest team , money will always be found . 

Chelsea look like they are in clip 

arsenal the same 

spurs are building at quite a dramatic rate . 

Liverpool need to  savagely invest in the next two windows as it’s only a matter of time before van diik and that front line get fed up of second place . 

200 million is needed to get that title for the scousers minimum. 

3 or 4 top top players 

although he had his critics , bale would be an absolute fantastic addition to that side . Milliner and Henderson are shot to bits and probably past their best. 

Bale would be fantastic in a free moving box to box role , you need an engine room at the heart of that side to finally get it over the line . 

100m for bale , get that young lad back from on loan at rangers , blood in that young striker of yours from the youth team 

maybe kompany in from city ? 

Get some coin spent wisely and they can make a serious dent into the perm for years to come ...

City are playing to different rules than the other teams. Who else can afford £80m for a midfielder they rarely play? Or £50 for a defender they leave on the bench? Other than ManU of course, but they buy rashly and discard their mistakes whereas City can afford to stack up a second eleven who would still be in the top four which blows your argument about top players not going to clubs to sit on the bench.

City's financial situation is under scrutiny and I hope that they are forced to change their policy. What Liverpool have done to keep pace with City this year is amazing. They need another central defender, but the rest of the team and squad are sound. Why the Hell would Klopp want  Kompany? Other than to keep Sturridge (K)ompany in the physio room.

Edited by Nicepix

I don't care what the result is ,I don't care if we don't win the league ,I don't are if hendo and Milner are shot ,I don't care if we have to spend millions to have any chance ,I don't care if no one remembers who came second ....right now I wouldn't swap this experience and others like it for any thing  ..no fu kin victims here .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3