Work gloves

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you gay or what ?

I just use the orange rubber type gloves, all my lads love em as they fit snug and can still get some feel with them, don’t last very long but I buy a huge box and they work out about 30p a pair so ev

Don’t do the work till they do , any ppe you require to do a job the employer must supply .. and gloves are a requirement for a manual handling job .. 

I bought a pair of cheap blackrock gloves from a petrol station once when I’d forgot to take my gloves and they were the best gloves I’ve had , lasted ages carrying concrete blocks and doing fencing jobs.. shame I didn’t buy more pairs 

• Like 1

Black rock advance,orange things with a furry like inner lining,got them from a builders merchants called coastal supplies,but i'm sure most merchants would have something along the same lines .Have lasted me since end of november on a building site as such and the only bad thing is my thumbs do get cold but that might just be down to me rather than the glove,six quid they cost and worth it so far.

• Like 1

I get them thin black nylon with the palm rubber coated off Ebay for about £13 for 24 pair though I am only handling parcels in a warehouse though the place has got a few rats and wearing gloves puts my mind at rest in not contacting weils disease.I also thought the employer should supply gloves as part of PPE .

Edited by tatsblisters
added more to the comment
15 hours ago, Rabid said:

I just use the orange rubber type gloves, all my lads love em as they fit snug and can still get some feel with them, don’t last very long but I buy a huge box and they work out about 30p a pair so even if they use a couple pairs a day it’s no show stopper.

I think this is the best way . Their going to get wet and covered in concrere/cement/silicone etc and get ruined or crusty regardless of price . Cheap and disposable is probably the best way. 

8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I get them thin black nylon with the palm rubber coated off Ebay for about £13 for 24 pair though I am only handling parcels in a warehouse though the place has got a few rats and wearing gloves puts my mind at rest in not contacting weils disease.I also thought the employer should supply gloves as part of PPE .

If you want gloves for work ask them , they have to supply them by law 

13 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Trouble is they never have them .

Don’t do the work till they do , any ppe you require to do a job the employer must supply .. and gloves are a requirement for a manual handling job .. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Chid said:

Unionist Chid? ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1