Fury v wilder

I had tyson winning vs wilder and I have him winning in a rematch, and I'd also have him beating Joshua 

but here are my personal keys to victory for the two of them (wilder and aj) in a fury fight 

this first one for wilder goes with any of he's future opponent and it's simply to be more calculated and measured, but this is something I fear he'll never learn, he's been pro a long time and still hasn't learnt to be calculated and measured when he has he's man hurt, I think he punched himself out when he had tyson hurt, a wiser head and better punch selection would stand wilder in far better stead for those situations when he has he's man going

another good thing for wilder is too use that feint/throwaway left to then set up the big right hand straight down the pipe, this I feel would work wonders against Joshua who has to be quite honest with you the worst head and lateral movement I've seen for someone in he's high position, would all be over for Joshua imo if that landed, So for wilder that's a useful tool, wilder also can throw a nice little jab to the body area, this may also work well setting up shots against Joshua who defensively doesn't have much variety

For Joshua to beat Tyson he'd need to work the body more than he ever has in he's life, not come in like he's in a bodybuilding comp as he will need to be less stiff as Tyson will just move round him and pick him off, he's best bet is to really try and push the fight with tyson as if he doesn't try to pace set he will definitely get out boxed, also if you remember he's bout with klitschko he was fighting in bursts, bad cardio, that's no good if you're fighting tyson as when you're huffing he will just go to head and body peppering you with those shots he does and it'll be hard to regroup while being worked over, it'd serve him well to try and time a fury feint and when fury side steps to then throw an awkward Jab or jab-hook then try and time him with that uppercut he rocked klitschko with 

I believe it's all about seeing you're openings against tyson, hel be trying to set range and walk you on to awkward little counters, and he won't give you much to work with as he doesn't fight in any kind of rhythm , but if you pick up on some of he's habits, there lies you're openings imo 

tip for both Tyson and Joshua going into a wilder bout - fight on the inside ! Wilder really struggles with it, and at times wilders stance can be too wide and he can over reach a bit making him ripe for a counter power punch , I believe if you can fight wilder on the inside, then change it up so you're then making him over reach, you'll beat him, he hasn't the ring IQ to deal with such drastic changes 

• Like 3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

It's only opinions mate, that's the good thing with sport no one sees it the same, the history books sometimes only tell part of the story as well.... we all see different things we like in boxer, a footballer etc and obviously dogs lol...

If we all saw the same it would be boring...

But the truth is until the current 3 have met each and played out the story we don't know who is the best.......FACT lol

Correct sir lol ?. Right, I'm off to look at a litter of greyhound pups, but ffs DON'T tell max! I'll probably pick the worst pup out the litter, cos I don't know what I'm looking at! Lol

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Everyone's opinion is valid, but if Max didn't like Fury 5 years ago since then he's beat Klit in one of the most boring fights in heavyweight history (I know he schooled him in his backyard etc...but it was hardly a classic) went off the rails for nigh on 3 years...fought 2 absolute bums in his prep for Wilder, then got a draw after being put on his ass twice by a pretty average boxer.... I'm not knocking Fury, but I can't see where in that 5 years he has done anything to put him alongside the likes of Tyson, Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield, Holmes etc etc....

He is certainly one of the best currently, I still think his lack of punching power may be his undoing, neither Joshua or Wilder will be scared to take a punch to land a punch....in the heavies at the top.level it's a dangerous game to rely on getting a points decision...

Just my opinion and not knocking Fury (before I get my head ripped off!! Lol)

spot on  mate,  not having proper KO  power, dont forget he 6ft 9in  19st   for a man his size , will be his undoing  in the end,  like said  the other heavyweights will know he takes good shot, so will deff  try to take him out  in 2-3 rounds with full on power, wilder will do this in the rematch, and said he going in heavier , and i still think Aj will beat fury  when ever they fight , he go at it same as wilder  but better boxer and can KO people, where fury carnt .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Billy b said:

I had tyson winning vs wilder and I have him winning in a rematch, and I'd also have him beating Joshua 

but here are my personal keys to victory for the two of them (wilder and aj) in a fury fight 

this first one for wilder goes with any of he's future opponent and it's simply to be more calculated and measured, but this is something I fear he'll never learn, he's been pro a long time and still hasn't learnt to be calculated and measured when he has he's man hurt, I think he punched himself out when he had tyson hurt, a wiser head and better punch selection would stand wilder in far better stead for those situations when he has he's man going

another good thing for wilder is too use that feint/throwaway left to then set up the big right hand straight down the pipe, this I feel would work wonders against Joshua who has to be quite honest with you the worst head and lateral movement I've seen for someone in he's high position, would all be over for Joshua imo if that landed, So for wilder that's a useful tool, wilder also can throw a nice little jab to the body area, this may also work well setting up shots against Joshua who defensively doesn't have much variety

For Joshua to beat Tyson he'd need to work the body more than he ever has in he's life, not come in like he's in a bodybuilding comp as he will need to be less stiff as Tyson will just move round him and pick him off, he's best bet is to really try and push the fight with tyson as if he doesn't try to pace set he will definitely get out boxed, also if you remember he's bout with klitschko he was fighting in bursts, bad cardio, that's no good if you're fighting tyson as when you're huffing he will just go to head and body peppering you with those shots he does and it'll be hard to regroup while being worked over, it'd serve him well to try and time a fury feint and when fury side steps to then throw an awkward Jab or jab-hook then try and time him with that uppercut he rocked klitschko with 

I believe it's all about seeing you're openings against tyson, hel be trying to set range and walk you on to awkward little counters, and he won't give you much to work with as he doesn't fight in any kind of rhythm , but if you pick up on some of he's habits, there lies you're openings imo 

tip for both Tyson and Joshua going into a wilder bout - fight on the inside ! Wilder really struggles with it, and at times wilders stance can be too wide and he can over reach a bit making him ripe for a counter power punch , I believe if you can fight wilder on the inside, then change it up so you're then making him over reach, you'll beat him, he hasn't the ring IQ to deal with such drastic changes 

Good post mate....

And highlights what everyone is thinking, they all have the capabilities to beat each other....that's why it's interesting...

On Joshua I completely agree that he is far too robotic and Fury will make his life very difficult, everything is straight lines and obvious....but once he gets in range he throws far better combinations than Wilder, who is always setting that right hand, shot selection is key and I think Joshua has the edge on Wilder there...his power will certainly hurt Fury, and as I said previously I think he'll keep coming onto Fury as as awkward as he is his lack of real power may be his undoing...

He landed a lot of shots on Wilder but the real telling shots were landed by Wilder, I think AJ is a better finished....time will tell

At least it's got people talking about what has been a stagnant division for pretty much 10 years or more....fair play to Fury for mixing it all up again 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Good post mate....

And highlights what everyone is thinking, they all have the capabilities to beat each other....that's why it's interesting...

On Joshua I completely agree that he is far too robotic and Fury will make his life very difficult, everything is straight lines and obvious....but once he gets in range he throws far better combinations than Wilder, who is always setting that right hand, shot selection is key and I think Joshua has the edge on Wilder there...his power will certainly hurt Fury, and as I said previously I think he'll keep coming onto Fury as as awkward as he is his lack of real power may be his undoing...

He landed a lot of shots on Wilder but the real telling shots were landed by Wilder, I think AJ is a better finished....time will tell

At least it's got people talking about what has been a stagnant division for pretty much 10 years or more....fair play to Fury for mixing it all up again 

Cheers mate

Yeah you've highlighted something I've over looked there, Joshua's combos and shot selection are a lot  better than wilders, And is a better finisher so that is definitely a big advantage over wilder 

yeah it's good to have good convos, after all this is the heavyweight division and it should be talked about which in recent years it's lacked a bit of reason to talk about it 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 3

Joshua has some good attributes but he also has a few flaws. Some can be remedied some will not. Joshua is very pedestrian and predictable with poor head movement and has poor mobility due to  bad footwork. Fury would be a nightmare for Joshua but Joshua may well take chances as he may not respect Furys power. Joshua can adopt a high guard to make up for lack of head movement if he fights Wilder and he also puts punches together better than Wilder as well as being a bigger puncher than Fury.Wilder however has very unorthadox movement and a good engine,with that devestating power right till the last bell. I honestly see Wilder v Joshua as a genuine 50/50 fight and it will be a cracker while it lasts. People say Fury lacks power but he punches hard enough to keep the opposing fighter honest and prefers the fighter to come onto him anyway.Fury had Wilder wobbled a few times during the fight and Roach has now came out and said Fury should have stopped Wilder if hed had the right corner instructions . All three are good and its easy to see why fans fancy all three of them to be the best, but we need them to all fight each other and prove it. The Heavyweight scene is alight now so hopefully the match ups of 2019 keep the momentum going .

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, MickC said:

Joshua has some good attributes but he also has a few flaws. Some can be remedied some will not. Joshua is very pedestrian and predictable with poor head movement and has poor mobility due to  bad footwork. Fury would be a nightmare for Joshua but Joshua may well take chances as he may not respect Furys power. Joshua can adopt a high guard to make up for lack of head movement if he fights Wilder and he also puts punches together better than Wilder as well as being a bigger puncher than Fury.Wilder however has very unorthadox movement and a good engine,with that devestating power right till the last bell. I honestly see Wilder v Joshua as a genuine 50/50 fight and it will be a cracker while it lasts. People say Fury lacks power but he punches hard enough to keep the opposing fighter honest and prefers the fighter to come onto him anyway.Fury had Wilder wobbled a few times during the fight and Roach has now came out and said Fury should have stopped Wilder if hed had the right corner instructions . All three are good and its easy to see why fans fancy all three of them to be the best, but we need them to all fight each other and prove it. The Heavyweight scene is alight now so hopefully the match ups of 2019 keep the momentum going .

Exactly. I still think wilder v aj is the fight I want to see. He who dares wins as they say in the champagne  region 

55 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Tomo it didn't take too long watching him to see he could Box .

5-6 years ago I thought the Fury v Price match should of been made .

Price had the tools but not the minerals as has been prove. 

Fury had grown into that massive frame and his skillet is unquestionable as is his courage and recovery .

Hes proven himself when it matters on a few fronts all in saying is AJ has proven nothing as of yet but holds 3 belts 

AJ FURY Wilder need to fight each other a couple of times home and away so to speak

The fight fans will get their money's worth

And then we will know who is the Best Heavyweight of the era.

Ps I also thought Quigg would of done Frampton was wrong there too

But at least I give credit when it's due unlike a handful of haters on here ?

Pigs in blankets on pissy chips might taste better Munter and Co ??

Merry Christmas and a Enlightening New Year to All ?

So you just didn't answer the question again, who said he'd never box again?

2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Exactly. I still think wilder v aj is the fight I want to see. He who dares wins as they say in the champagne  region 

Wilder v Joshua would be a proper tear up, two offensive boxers fighting for the undisputed Title. Both would probably start out a bit cagey but at some point the fuse paper will be lit imo.The promoters need to make the time,sit down and get this fight made, no more BS. This is the biggest and best earner for both fighters so they need to all sit down and get this fight made . It could mean Fury not getting the winner till 2020 but it will suit him .

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MickC said:

Wilder v Joshua would be a proper tear up, two offensive boxers fighting for the undisputed Title. Both would probably start out a bit cagey but at some point the fuse paper will be lit imo.The promoters need to make the time,sit down and get this fight made, no more BS. This is the biggest and best earner for both fighters so they need to all sit down and get this fight made . It could mean Fury not getting the winner till 2020 but it will suit him .

Very good post and says how it should go Tyson will be proper ready then .atb bill

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

I think quite a few said that when he went off the rails .

Thing is it's not that important for me to trawl thru posts ect to see who it was.

Mayve you were one of them who knows but I won't be the sad Cnut trawling thru back posts to find out lol ?

Max I had a conversation with Tyson outside our local charity shop he needed two more bouts he then in my opinion  would have won the bout , atb bill