Depression

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray,its clear you have no real understanding of depression,you can take all the meds in the world and it will never sort out the mind of a manic depressive,and you got the patience of a saint ...id be

currently caring for my dear lady at the moment. breast cancer, I used to be one happy chappy, but now, yes im depressed. but I put on a brave face for the sake of her, I could go on and on, but I dun

if you could put depression into some sort of order  this is the way id describe it ,,firstly ,theres slight depression ,kind of like an umbrella over them,...when some one gets down in the dumps, ,,t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

In my case, I suffered a fall in which I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, some ribs and fractured my skull, and left me in a coma for 5 weeks. 50% deafness in my right ear, constant tinnitus, balance problems, sight in right eye affected, facial palsey, fatigue and forgot how to read and write, all of which left me with just a smidge of f***ing BITTERNESS!!! Lol. Trained all my life and kept fit, went into hospital weighing 16 stone 10lbs, came out weighing 8 stone 11lbs. 

Seen the replies above, and yes, it is a bit surprising reading some of these figures. But with all this facebook and social media etc bullshit going on, I suppose it aint that surprising. Far too much pressure being put on youngsters to conform to a certsin way/look etc these days

maybe they think the world ows them a living ..all these kids want 500 quid a week    ,the answer is simple     GET A FKN JOB, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, riohog said:

what is depression ?what couses it?

With my missus it was a whole bunch of things, we have 2 autistic boys that we love to bits but can be mentally draining, our financial situation was wank, our housing situation was worse....all that coupled with her own personal issues and she just became withdrawn, not enjoying life at all, she did need the medication to help pull herself out

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, dave88 said:

With my missus it was a whole bunch of things, we have 2 autistic boys that we love to bits but can be mentally draining, our financial situation was wank, our housing situation was worse....all that coupled with her own personal issues and she just became withdrawn, not enjoying life at all, she did need the medication to help pull herself out

that is not an easy situation to be in .not one i would like to be in atall  :thumbs:

2 minutes ago, dave88 said:

I have close friends in a very similar situation mate, but with just one of their three sons ?

7 minutes ago, riohog said:

are people living  beyond there means?  and putting undue preasure on themselves    with the fantastic plastic card .. ? im old job   no money  cant have it ///

I would say that you're right there mate, probably does alot more harm than good. Like you, I've never had a credit card, save for everything I buy 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

The Materialistic must have society imo is the biggest cause of the massive increase in depression in modern times.

Wev took our eyes off what really matters and we have lost focus .

People back in the day had nowt but had each other and community and real Hobbies and pastimes that kept them busy and focoused.

Nowdays its work work work and no time for anything else or anyone .

Its not healthy.

max   i recently spent some time with some very poor folk .day to day living  , no money  no eating     ,they were some of the kindest folk i ever did meet  they knew i probebly had a few bob in my pocket  , but shared everthing with me , ,.just like it was here in the old days they had a strong sence of looking after eachother  and if you were accepted  you were as one of them no agender  ..

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

id have thought in years ago they would have been less likely to talk

Its now days apparently its no manly to talk about your problems , years ago you got a kick up the arse and just got on with it 

if you could put depression into some sort of order  this is the way id describe it ,,firstly ,theres slight depression ,kind of like an umbrella over them,...when some one gets down in the dumps, ,,they see a doctor,they get a bit of help and a pill or two and after weeks /months they get back to their old self 

then theres the shawl on their shoulders of fear ,/dread and uncertainty ,,some get through it some dont ,a lot of counselling and meds ...

then theres the Manic Depressive ,there covered in a blanket of doom and gloom,the glass is always half empty ,they see no joy whatsoever in life and when suffering from this ailment they rarely get back to normality,they  mostly get put in care or take the final step on their journey through their illness,,but are given high doses of meds which numb them from reality ,and all that medication can be hit or miss,somer times it works,other times it doesnt ,

its very easy to be flippant and dismissive of people with mental health problems ,''the old ''ffs get a grip '' never helps ,sufferers need help,and even the light form of depression needs professional help,our family have been through hell and back over the years ,with the sister disappearing for a week and no one knowing where she went ,...to her having her meds being fully withdrawn from her system due to heart tissue damage ,and then falling into a coma for almost a month,...to vacations being cut in half due to her loosing the plot cause she was out of her normal routine ,and a ton of other stuff going on that is best not spoken about ,thankfully she is placed in a very safe caring environment where she will stay till the end of her days ,and we see her weekly which is great for everyone ,,..when you hear or see someone that ''SUFFERS FROM THEIR NERVES'' their a lot more going on in the background than you could ever know ..depression of any degree is ONE OF THE  WORST form of illness anyone can suffer from,most health issues can be treated to some form of a conclusion ,but real deep depression is a life long infliction ,with no happy ending for many sufferers..every day is a monumental battle ..

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3